BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys!

Got a letter from Halifax saying they would refund the money without admission of guilt etc etc!

So excited!

My query is this, would it be worth approaching the halifax saying i fully intend to follow up on the remainder of the money and would they like to refund that without going to court?

For those of you of you are just starting this process, don't give up!:D

If you got a letter saying refund without admission of guilt.....then it sounds the same as the one i recieved this morning.....which would mean that they have settled in full? If you are after the interest as well, then i believe it has to go to the court stage before you can claim that too. If it hasnt gotten to that stage, then you will have to make do ;).........i think!

Grats though on your win :D:D:D

Request for statements sent 19/10/06

Guest Battleaxe

Oh yes follow it up Stephany, they have been using your money so it is your turn for that little reward also. Don't worry about the court issue, they wont set foot in court. great that you have had this bit refunded. i claimed the interest as well of the charges in each of my claims and have the first reward charges and interest repaid, now taking on the rest as the I have cut my teeth.

Thank then very politely for the part payment and the tell them cough up the rest.

You are only entitled to statutory interest at 8% if you have actually filed a claim. If Halifax have paid you before you have filed your claim then you cannot claim statutory interest.

• Haha 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Guest Battleaxe

Hagenuk,

You are right regarding the interest, I had assumed that all the paper work had been done and claim had been filed.

Sorry, maybe i was not clear enough, the claim had been filed with the county court online, and had got to default status.

Sorry for not being more clear!

Hello, my name is Laura, having some problems too with HSBC, at court stage but they have filed a defence against me, now I have to pay a firther £100 to see this through in my local court, after having paid £120 to HMCS already. Does this seem right?

Also my account was run badly, they closed the account are these reasons to give up?

Guest Battleaxe

Laura,

First, you will need your own thread in the relevant Bank Thread. Any MODS can you do this please?

Laura, read up on the threads relating to this, and no, this is the hope that your bank has that you will give up at this stage. I Take it that you have file an AQ. There are others who have had to do this and they have all reclaimed their money successfully. Please be guided by their experiences.

Battleaxe,

Thanks for replying to me, I do not know what the abrieviations stand for?

I will try and post my own new thread but am feeling rather lost on the website?

Laura, go here to post a new thread on the HSBC forum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=10

Ask your questions in there and you will get more attention and we will be able to follow your progress more easily.

As you the extra £100, this is for filing an Allocation Questionnaire, it is quite normal and you do get to claim this back. Look here for details of how to complete one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received