BankFodder BankFodder

gutlessrhyme

Letter Response Time? - (help)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Is there a a certain amount of time that Natwest has to respond to the letters i've sent them?

I sent them a letter on the 16th November (for a second lot of charges). After no response, I sent them another letter on the 14th December (adding to it even more charges they had placed on my account).

I've still heard nothing - should I send another letter, or just wait?

Any help appreciated

Hi there, It would be helpfull to know which letters you have sent. Is it the S.A.R letter for your statements? or are you futher on than that.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No this is my second claim (1st claim was settled in october). Therefore i just went online and checked my statements for the dates of the charges.

Letter sent on 16th Nov was: "since claiming back the charges you placed on my account, im disappointed to notice that you have charged me a further £222 in the space of one month. Id like to remind you that you have already settled one claim and it would be in your interest to return the additional charges immediately etc etc

no response

14th dec:

"im disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of 16th november. You have taken more charges from my account totalling £376. If i do not recieve communication back from this letter I will be forced to begin procedures with small claims court, in order to get these charges back. I would like to remind you that you have already settled one claim and it would be in your interest to return the additonal charges immediately, otherwise i will continue to take the same action as the previous case"

no response (now 3rd Jan)

Guest NATTIE

What are you waiting for if you have claimed once. Time to sue the Bank.

What are you waiting for if you have claimed once. Time to sue the Bank.

you think i should just go ahead and file another claim with moneyclaim.gov??

Guest NATTIE

well, claim 1 is settled and when you got to the LBA stage what did you do next? Sorry to be blunt but as a former Judge Judy(lovely TV) I like the KISS priciple Keep It Simple Stupid. You know what I mean so MCOL

If you don't clearly set out a (reasonable) time frame in which to respond they're not likely to be in any hurry.

I'd say 2 letters in 6 weeks is fair though. ;)

cool. ill wait til the end of the month (payday), then file a claim.