• Tweets

• And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
    • HB - all sorts of issues have been in court; the main one re repo remains in court, no resolution.  They all stem really from bad advice by broker.  Indeed, but if the Ombudsman is prepared to accept the complaint, it would be about the advice given by the broker and their paperwork, wouldn't it? You seem to be asserting that the problems you've had stem from their bad advice. HB
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Junklunacy v Alliance & Leicester

junklunacy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the same position.

Looking back over my account over the last 2 years A&L have charged me £100.00 (4 x £25.00).

A&L have already as a “gesture of goodwill” refunded £50.00 of the charges.

I asked them nicely to replay the other £50.00, and then sent them a letter on 30/01/2007 and I got the standard letter on 01/02/2007 saying

“I have now had an opportunity to review why the charges were raised…” etc

I wrote back on the 05/02/2007 confirming I was unhappy and stating what the interest would be, sending again a full schedule of charges and interest.

A&L wrote back on the 07/02/2007 saying

“I have carefully considered the circumstances…” etc

So on 14/02/2007 I issued a claim for £52.23 via MCOL, giving A&L till the 05/03/2007 to reply.

On the 16/02/2007 A&L filled an acknowledgment on which they are “intending to defend all of the claim”, and they have until 05/03/2007.

Is this just a standard tacktick?

Guest ian cognito
What else do you think I can learn from reading more blogs saying I've won I've won bla bla bla....?

Probably that they always acknowledge, always say they will defend and always send a cheque out about 1 1/2 weeks later, so perhaps you haven't read enough threads in the right places?

Most banks fall over at some point from here on in but for my piece of mind I'll keep up the pressure with my paperwork :)

Barclays Bank - Preliminary Approach for payment 03/11/2006

SETTLED IN FULL 05/02/2007 £1722

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/46690-junklunacy-barclays.html

I've received a letter from AL offering to settle. However the total amount doesn't include the £80 court fee. I will be cashing the cheque (once cleared) writing a letter accepting it as partial payment. I will also be informing the court of this development.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/46690-junklunacy-barclays.html

BTW they mentioned nothing about confidentiality agreements, although they did say like the others that there is no admission of liability and that my account would be reviewed since I did not accept the banks terms and conditions.

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received my cheque from Alliance today!!!!

Whole amount £3463.82.

Hope you get yours soon

Alliance prelim 7th Jan £3270

sod off letter 14th Jan

LBA 19/1/07

N1 taken to local court 6/2/07

Offer recived part amount but already in court

WON! WON!full amount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Barclays prelim £1973 7th Jan

No can do letter 14/1/07

LBA 16/1/07'

part offer received and refused 1/2/07

N1 issued 15/2/07

letter received re defence - they have till 22/3/07

Defence received - 25/3/07

AQ received to be back by 11/4/07:-(

Lloyds TSB trustcard S.A.R - 12th Jan

claim for £126 prelim 12/2/07

sod off letter recd.

LBA 17/3/07

Well done Ros2710!!!

I have cashed the cheque from AL, however I sent them a letter and the courts saying AL still owe me £80 for the court fee. Still waiting for that however I am still going to start a judgement via MCOL if I don't receive anything back from AL by the end of the week!!

Received a letter today from AL saying they are going to close my account in 30days and that any overdrafts should be paid by this time. If after this time i'm unable to make full and imediate payments they can accept repayment proposals. Although doing this may result in my 'situation' being registered by a credit reference bureau. Can anyone advise me on this as I have no plans to pay £500 odd straight away and will gladly enter into a repayment plan?

NB Still pursuing them for the £80 court fee!!

Yes I have an account with Barclays even after winning my claim with them and will transfer to this if I have to. I just wanted to know my position.

Received a letter today from AL saying they are going to close my account in 30days and that any overdrafts should be paid by this time. If after this time i'm unable to make full and imediate payments they can accept repayment proposals. Although doing this may result in my 'situation' being registered by a credit reference bureau. Can anyone advise me on this as I have no plans to pay £500 odd straight away and will gladly enter into a repayment plan?

NB Still pursuing them for the £80 court fee!!

Firstly (from experience) it is not worth the hassle. Pay £500 in to settle the O/D. By doing this you prevent (even if it gets corrected later) any problems with your credit file. (what was the refund amount you got back from them?)

Next thing you need to do is write to the FSA and make a complaint about the way in which A&L are treating you.

Other than that there is not a lot you can do - I did the same and it's good riddens as far as I am concerned...

I will pay the o/d back but I am definately irrate about AL treatment and will be glad to end my banking with them and will draft a letter for the FSA. To date I have received £832 from them which excludes the court fee.

Guest ian cognito

It took them about 2 months to close my account even tho' I paid back the overdraft as soon as I got my charges refunded. I noticed they kept my savings account open, I'm gonna keep that £1.41 in there and see how much its worth when I retire!!!

• 2 weeks later...

AL have still not paid me the £80 court fee!! They sent me a letter saying they will look into my complaint!! What complaint!!! I'm sending off my AQ to the Leeds Court and AL today. Hopefully this will speed up the money men at AL.

Guest ian cognito

Have they paid the 8% interest? (sorry couldn't see it in the thread), they omitted to pay it in my refund but credited it to the account once I pointed out their 'error'

They paid me the charges and interest but failed to include the court fee even though it was made clear to them what the FULL amount was.

I am continuing with my claim to get the court fee. AL hasn’t replied since I sent the AQ which the end date for submission was today. I expect a court date shortly.

I've received a letter from A&L saying that they have calculated my claim and have now paid the interest they failed to pay me. However they paid me the interest and charges and NOT the court fee. Anyway I'm £5.16 up on the overall amount so matter now closed! I have to check my account though as they were to close it at end of last month and that's were they were going to pay the money in to.

Have checked my account and taken out the money. Took a while but I have got ALL of my claim back. I am a bit miffed that the court has not been in touch as i haven't heard anything from them in weeks. Anyway i'll be posting a letter to them to formally close my case.