BankFodder BankFodder

silverbird

Richard v Natwest - nearly won by default??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everybody

Just a quick question.

I've got to the stage where I started a claim via Moneyclaim and I received a letter from Northampton County Court to say that Natwest had Acknowledge Service, giving them 28 days to file a Defence. The Acknowledgment of Service was dated 7 December 2006.

Tomorrow, 4 January, is the 28th day.

I have received no Defence or no further communication from the Court.

Am I correct in believing that by tomorrow I will have won by default and can commence with a Judgment, or do I have to wait a while to see if a Defence arrives in the post?

I look forward to receiving advice about this.

Many thanks indeed.

Just want to clarify your dates first. When you filed your claim you should have received a Notice of Issue from the courts a few days later, what is the "deemed served date" on this issue??

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hiya - not too sure of the answer but I think you might find that they will file a defence today or even tomorrow and get away with it. Read around and you will see they often leave it til the 11th hour. Still you never know you may be lucky and win by default and I hope you do otherwise you know you will win in the end!!!

T:)

Thanks for the replies.

A few minutes ago I logged onto Moneyclaim and it has now been updated to say that Natwest have submitted a Defence disputing the whole claim, which was what I'd expected anyway.

I'll now move onto the next step!

Thanks all.

You should receive their defence in the post then in the next day or so.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D