BankFodder BankFodder

fairbanking

fairbanking v halifax

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4846 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:confused:

Hello to all in CAG !!

I am a new member who is seriously contemplating addressing bank charges that my husband and I have incurred with the Halifax.

I am more concerned with bank charges incurred over he past two years - don't know if this is wise as other members seem to go back a bit longer.

I am planning to request statements ASAP as the first step. The next step I am more unsure about as I want to appeal against our bank charges based on the fact that my hubbie became depressed and as a consequence was not able to manage this situation. So I am not sure whether to adopt a firm line with the Halifax or to try a more conciliatory approach.I suspect the latter will fall on deaf ears.

I am very heartened that there are other people like myself who are appalled at the predatory behaviour of major banks in the UK. Had my husband received a sympathetic ear and authentic help 2 years ago this problem could easily have been resolved .My recent dealings with the local bank manager have been far more satisfactory.but my difficulty with all of this is that the bank has profited from someone's distress.

Any advice from other CAGGIES will be appreciated.

Regards,

FAIRBANKING

Guest ian cognito

Hello and welcome.

Not had any dealings with Halifax myself but from posts I have read they don't seem to be creating too many problems.

You are entitled to claim back 6 years charges. All the letters you need are in the templates library and as they have been proved to work well, there is no reason to amend them, sadly your personal circumstances will not be taken into consideration.

Have a read of the FAQ's, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Send an SAR http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

and while you are waiting for your statements to arrive have a good read of the Halifax forum http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/ the success threads will give you lots of encouragement.

Start your own thread in the Halifax forum where you will get all the help you need from people who have successfully reclaimed charges.

If you are unsure about anything - please ask!!!

Good luck