BankFodder BankFodder

reidnet

Reid vs Purpleloans / Ge Money

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4797 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Just posting my Statement of claim regarding Mis sold PPI from Purpleloans / Ge Money on a Firstplus loan.

Would be glad of any comments , advise from other here..

Removed this One and posted ammended Statement after GE fined by FSA.. And to save some space here..lol

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi

Nice one!

Interestingly the Misrepresentation Act allows for criminal sanctions [ prosecution under the Theft Act] where fraudulent misrepresentation can be shown. I think it might be argued that the mis selling has been fraudulent! I appreciate though that negligent mis selling might be more useful as it reverses the burden of proof. I like the HR element too!

All in all I would say an excellent statement of claim - have you had any response yet? Do keep us all informed.

Let us know how you get on!

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Hi Bicester1,

I have not submitted the above claim as yet, I have to use the nglish court system for this one as I want it to go through the small claims track for obvious reasons. Being in Scotland does have its downfalls..lol

I am just waiting for the outcome to the ICO's Investigation regarding their failure under the Data Protection Act, I have had confirmation that the case is being dealt with my a senior case worker and can expect the outcome within the next 14 days or so.

Once I have this I will be submitting the claim to court, I just thought the more evidence etc that I have showing that I have been reasonable and tried to settle this without court may in the end help. Of course with them not responding to an nvestigation by their own FISA does not look good for them either.

Lets hope the judge sees from the claim what type of Company Ge Money / Purpleloans are and their total lack of respect for Authority etc.

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi

Well the very best of luck. Like you I am constantly amazed at the arrogance of the banks. " We don't accept the OFTs conclusions etc etc..."

It would be nice if one could make a case of Fraudulent Misrepresentation stick and then ask the CPS to investigate with a view to prosecution under the Theft Act, still I've just seen those pigs go past the window again!

Best wishes

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

REMOVED .. Yet another modified Statement of claim compiled over the weekend...

Sent a Final Offer to GE before court.. Being Faxed to them Thursday Morning First Thing, I thought I would give them a final chance to settle since the FSA fined them £610,000.00...

Reid. Great letter and I am watching this with interest. Do you think it is a good idea to send them a link to this website? Its just that you are going to give them the opportunity of knowing what is about to come. I know that their monitoring of this site is generally unwelcomed.

Good luck anyway mate x

Reid. Great letter and I am watching this with interest. Do you think it is a good idea to send them a link to this website? Its just that you are going to give them the opportunity of knowing what is about to come. I know that their monitoring of this site is generally unwelcomed.

Good luck anyway mate x

Can easilly remove the link as letter being faxed today.. Im sure they know of this site already.. And there are regs for signing up..

Ian

Normally, they dont sign up, but just browse through the threads. I just think you are better armed if they dont know your moves in advance. They may be already monitoring the site, you never know. If they are not, then I just think its better if they dont know about it. Not so much for you, as you know exactly what you are doing. However, there are others on this site less articulate.

Anyway, you POC is awesome. I cant wait to see the outcome lol

Well got no response from GE Money , which does not surprise me one little bit.. I have compiled an even better statement of claim over the weekend, and I have today submitted it to Wolverhampton Combined Court.

Ive had enough of them taking the mick.. So Blue touchpaper has now well and truley been lit.. Lets hope its not a damp squib as they say..lol

Ian

Well, Have had it confirmed today from GE Money and a Press Contact that the Summons has well and truly arrived at GE Money.. so sit back and wait and see what they respond with.

And will be interested to see if GE made any comment to the Press for the story that is being run in tomorrows paper..

Ian

Ian

Keep us all informed, I wonder how hard they will fight?

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:-)

GM Card Won £580 :-)

Barclaycard LBA :-x

Nat West Bank offer received negociating :p

Nat West CC offer received negociating :p

Lloyds PPI prelim:wink:

Any advice is given informally. I am not a lawyer. Consult a trained professional if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Lloyds PPI LBA

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

Well they at least replied to my letter rather smartish this time..

Fingers , Legs and eyes crossed now..lol

Good on you m8 keep it up!

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:-)

GM Card Won £580 :-)

Barclaycard LBA :-x

Nat West Bank offer received negociating :p

Nat West CC offer received negociating :p

Lloyds PPI prelim:wink:

Any advice is given informally. I am not a lawyer. Consult a trained professional if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Lloyds PPI LBA

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

Final Statement of Claim has been removed temporarly..

Ian

• Haha 4

Wow. This is very impressive.

Just one question. How come you are not claiming back the interest? Just clicked your scales for that one mate.

Hi Stan,

I have included Interest at the contractual rate, and also Judicial Interest at 8% APR.. It is in there..alond with Court fees etc.

Ian

Hi Reidnet,

You ve been a very busy little bee, great stuff, fasinating thread.

Like to know where you get your strengh from.

I heard that G E have a term is their secured loans contract allowing them to claim back their legal costs from you, can you shead any light on this at all ???

Many thanks for paving the way

Regards Lynn

Hi Reidnet,

You ve been a very busy little bee, great stuff, fasinating thread.

Like to know where you get your strengh from.

I heard that G E have a term is their secured loans contract allowing them to claim back their legal costs from you, can you shead any light on this at all ???

Many thanks for paving the way

Regards Lynn

I would advise that you check their terms and conditions in great detail before starting a claim, if they do have such a clause I would tread carefully at the momment. My claim is slightly different in a way, Though my loan was arranged by GE / Purpleloans the actual loan agreement was with FIRSTPLUS. This has since been settled in full withy Firstplus, at the time GE/ Purpleloans were acting as brokers for Firstplus.

If you have a copy of their full terms and conditions I would be very interested in seing them.

Ian

I affraid I have'nt got the aggrement with me as I work away from home and not back till lateish Friday evening

I will scan a copy over asap Saturday would be great to have your opinion and re asurrance.

Thanks Lynn

Hi Ian

I have just found a copy of aggrement in my folder, so Iv e mailed it on your private e mail address

Many thanks

Lynn

sorry

Reidnet were are you

Lynn

Hi reidnet loved your letter. Are you Ok? please let me know if you are.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Reidnet

Hope yr ok

We ladies are worried, we need your help

Night in shinning armour

Lynn