Chaz vs Natwest

chaz21uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site but have just spent the past 4 hours reading about how to claim back bank charges (very good site may I add).

Just need to clarify a few things, when it says make a schedule does this mean a schedule of every charge and the interest applied to my account for the past 3 years? And if so do I send this to the bank with my prelim letter?

Cheers

Chaz :)

03/01/07 Posted prelim letter.

Hi Chaz.

The best way to prepare your schedule of charges in by means of a spreadsheet, which will calculate the interest as well. You'll find them in the templates library. Send a copy to the bank with your letters.

Remember that you can claim back up to 6 years.

If you have spent 4 hours reading, then you are not doing yourself justice. There is so much information here that it can take days or even weeks to get your head round it.

This is a self-help forum.... the more effort you put in, the easier and

more enjoyable your claim will be.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Cheers Rooster

I only went back 3 years as that's how long i've had my overdraft for so won't have any charges back further than that as never used the bank account before then.

I'm a little confused on the interest side of things, I get charged around 7 quid interest a month and get a charge of 28 quid from natwest? I downloaded one of the speadsheets it was the first one in the library?

Chaz :confused:

Guest NATTIE

£28 is unarranged borrowing which is claimable. Can you confirm you did not have an advantage Gold account? It can be quite complicated.

Because some of the charges could include the adv gold fee, which is non reclaimable. You'll need extract any adv gold fees from what you want to claim.

Have a look at this thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/27521-advantage-gold-unarranged-borrowing.html

• Haha 1

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Cheers for that, I haven't had an advantage gold account for about the past 2 yeas so there shouldn't be many charges for ADG so I will take into cosideration those charges when I add the charges to the spreadsheet.

Also which is the best spreadsheet to use?

And how do I find out how much Interest they charge me per month on my Overdraft?

Many thanks

Well I sent the letter to the bank but forgot to send the speadsheet of charges with it, does it matter that I didn't send that?

Had an interesting call today too from the bank saying they can up my overdraft limit and they have also wavered a charge for the end of Feburary.

But still going to get charged 60 quid for two direct debits they have paid for me!!! :mad:

You really should have included the schedule, as this is the explanatory breakdown of the charges you wish to reclaim.

My advice would be to send the letter again, this time with the schedule!!

Nice one cheers for that, i'll send another letter tomorrow with the schedule of charges and interest, and await their response.

It also means I can add the other charges onto it for december.

Remember your schedule may be required as evidence.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Makes no difference, whichever you find easier, just as long as it is correct.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Far better to use the ones in the library as they will automatically calculate the 8% interest for you which is reclaimable once you reach the stage of filing your claim through the courts.

I sent both prelim letter and LBA to my local branch and it did the job.

Guest NATTIE

NO NO NO here is some inside information for everyone. NatWest branches lending centres debt management are no longer dealing with charges letters in any shape form or discription. Customer Relations Unit deal with all charges related letter. If you send it to the branch it will be taken out of one envelope and put into another for Customer Relations Unit in Borehamwood. Is this a delaying tactic by claimers?:D

Ok ok i'll send it to those guys, right one more question when entering the information onto the spreadsheet do I add in the Interest Charges I recieved.

I.E on my bank statement it shows;

30 July 04

Interest 04JUL A/C XXXXXXXX £13.45

Charges 02JUL A/C XXXXXXXX £29.00 but 9 quid of this is ADVG

So do I enter the interest into the spreadsheet aswell?

Hi people,

Natwesty can I just confirm that the prelim letter is best going to Borehamwood as I have also read that it is best being sent to Bishopgate:confused:

4th Dec 2006 : Posted S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) :o

18th Dec 2006 ; Received Statements :)

28th Dec 2006 ; Posted prelim letter (£3351.00) :rolleyes:

11th Jan 2007 : Reply, still investigating :x

16th Jan 2007 : Posted LBA (£3331.00/£556.00) :-(

31st Jan 2007 : Bank make offer of £3331.00 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have received two letters from Natwest today from Stuart Higley, after sending two letters on the 3rd Jan claiming for my charges back of £1177, they have replied offering me the full amount of charges but not the Interest I have been charged. Also the first letter they have sent me is dated the 9th Jan offering me £1133 and the 2nd offering me £1177 so i'm just wondering if I sign both and send them back what do you recon on the them sending me a cheque for both amounts? Cheeky I know but they screwed me so i'm quite prepared to screw them!

Well just want to let everyone know, my claim seemed to be quite easy too........I received a letter today offering me a full refund of charges but not the intrest so have taken them up on the offer and sent back the reply today, does anyone know how long it will be until they actually pay up if they receive the letters back on Monday?

My guess is it wont be too long at all, but it's always a good idea to air on the side of caution.

I am surprised to see that your claim has gone so well, especially as the amount you are claiming for isn't exactly small:confused: Usually, this is what happens for much smaller amounts of money.

Here's hoping that everything is as it seems. I'll wait until you actually get all the money you've asked for is in your hands before we crack open the champers;)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA