BankFodder BankFodder

Fullyskinted

Collection information on old mortgages

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I cant seem to locate all theinfo I need to start CCAs etc on Abbey and Halifax for their mortgage accts I held previously.

Is there any way of politely asking for the act details (acct numbers to start with I guess) without looking 'suspicious'!?!? ;)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

You can still to SAR without the account number. Give all other details that you know including address of property, your date of birth and roughly when the mortgage started and ended. Who cares if it looks suspicious, they still have to comply.

Yeh I can remember roughly the dates. And the address.

Ill look into it a bit more wrt finding the info. :) (Runs off to the cupboard that hasnt been opened in 4 years...) ;)

CHeers.

I know that feeling, Ive been crawling in the cupboard under the stairs for the last few months lol

I know that feeling, Ive been crawling in the cupboard under the stairs for the last few months lol

I just had a clear out (of paper!:rolleyes: ) and got rid of 4 bin bags full of junk mail...

I had to keep about the same which may be of interest! (escuse the pun!):D

Still a bit more to go...

I thought I knew where it would all be (in said cupboard), but obviously not :(

Found sopme paperwork relatiing to the acct so I have just called them and am about to send them the following letter... Its not perfect but it will get the ball rolling.;)

Skintsville House

UK

Abbey PLC

PO Box 287

Stockton on Tees

TS17 6QQ

3rd January 2007

My Ref: Abbey 01

Request for Information relating to Previously Redeemed Mortgage

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Following on from a telephone conversation that I have just had with ‘Susan’ in your Mortgage Services admin department, I have been asked to request the following in writing.

I had the above mortgage account number with Abbey between 1998 and 2002 (possibly late 2001).

The Address was:

Notsoskint House

Skinton

UK

I am seeking information relating to the redemption of this account. Specifically what (if any) charges were deemed payable at time of redemption.

I have enclosed the copies of the Year end Summary Statement (showing up to and including December 2001 – including payments made by myself and the year end interest applied).

I have enclosed the relevant pages from the “request for redemption figure” letter/information I received in November 2001. The letter and all calculations are date stamped 15th November 2001. The letter is signed by a Mr R. Corruthers.

I also enclose a copy of the Redemption Product Related Charge Statement.

What I require is the final settlement figures. i.e. what I actually had to pay to Abbey National to redeem the charge on the property. This needs to include all calculations (suitable examples of which have been provided in the form of your own documentation). I now require the final settlement workings applied at the time of redemption.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10(Data Protection Act subject access request fee) which is sometimes deemed chargeable for this type of request. You now have a maximum of 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

My full details are as follows:

Name: Mr Fullyskinted

D.O.B.: 13/1/1599 (;) )

Account Number: XXXXX XXXXXXXX

Once again, I require all mortgage redemption details for the account number above. I estimate that the mortgage was redeemed in full in early 2002 (approx January).

Yours faithfully,

Fully Skinted

Encl.

Cheque for £10

Copy of ‘Redemption Product Related Charge Statement’

Copy of ‘2001 Transaction Summary Statement’

Copy of ‘Redemption Statement for 15 November 2001’

Copy of page 1 of letter received from Abbey National dated 15 November 2001 from Mr R. Corruthers.

Will that do then? I hope so. Its now gone!

Sounds good to me. I am just about to do one for an Abbey mortgage for my friend so will watch your progress.

Bascially the lady on the end of the phone - whilst reasonably helpful once she'd asked me a few security questions - couldnt answer anything over the phone.

She did say that there was documentation that showed what I required, but could not discuss it any further at the time.

So it was just really a quick courtesy call to ask if they still had acct details.

They obviously do.

Now all I need to do is get them!!!

Good luck with yours too ;)