HSBC Cock up wages

ispartacus75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I heard on the radio earlier tonight that HSBC have cocked up on thousands of peoples wages and they are not going to get paid until Tuesday now.

How much is this going to net the bank in unauthorized OD charges and Returned cheque and DD charges. I predict it will be in the thousands.

This is absolutely rediculous now. People are going to be left with little or no money all over a bank holiday and what are the top brass of the banks going to do about it?

SWEET F*&K ALL

HSBC you are a bunch of useless idiots who couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery.

AND I DONT EVEN BANK WITH YOU!!!!!!!

You should automatically extend to all of the affected customers an interest free loan for the full amount of their wages with no time limit to repay it.

YOU F*&KED UP....YOU FIX IT!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4955362.stm

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

A very slight extension to your query - and it involves all the other banks concerned:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5817

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

We were told about it in a fax and asked to "take a sympathetic view" when it came to paying DDs / SOs / cheques, whatever that may mean. If the customer had a query about charges caused by this we were to give them HSBCs address.

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

Someone's gonna have fun refunding all the automated charges that get sent out when everyones' DDs and SOs go unpaid - hey maybe they'll get away with a few gestures of goodwill and net a tidy profit in the process? :eek:

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

We were told about it in a fax and asked to "take a sympathetic view" when it came to paying DDs / SOs / cheques, whatever that may mean. If the customer had a query about charges caused by this we were to give them HSBCs address.

Thanks for posting in this thread. Its interesting to hear what the banks response has been so far.

As a person working for a bank (dont know if its this one) do you feel that their banks instructions to be 'sympathetic' are enough?

While this may get DD and SO paid surely it still means that people are going to be left without cold hard cash?

Has you been told how to address this at all or is the banks main priority DD and SO right now?

Again thanks for posting your reply.

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

BCT Status

Capital One Status

I work for RBS. Asked my manager more about it this morning. It was just a general fax we received yesterday, we get a good few of these a day with "important announcements" so unless someone came in and queried it we did nothing (as we had no idea who was/wasn't affected)

I think the underlying message was to try and not annoy our customers. If our customers have a problem then do what we can but shift the blame to HSBC (Well it was their fault!)

Unless the customers affected actually came to us yeterday i don't believe there was any manual intervention (ooh that old chesnut! :-D) involved and items would be paid or not as the system had already decided.

If the customer came in to ask/complain about it we were to look back at the account to confirm there were regular monthly payments. Assuming everything was in order managers could authorise cash out, pay SOs etc etc and this is what they mean by "being sympathetic".

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

• 2 months later...

Typical isn't it!? The bank makes a mistake, and your just supposed to accept it, and understand that sometimes these things happen.

When it's you, it's a different story.

I hope people do get more money back than just their charges - in fact, people should be saying that HSBC owe them double the amount they've paid out in charges. People should be charging them. But would HSBC then send you and LBA asking for their charges back!?.....;-)

Someone's gonna have fun refunding all the automated charges that get sent out when everyones' DDs and SOs go unpaid - hey maybe they'll get away with a few gestures of goodwill and net a tidy profit in the process? :eek:

Yes I don't forget each unpaid DD will incurr not only bank charges but also simular charges from the company your paying & if it's a credit card company it will be automaticly recorded on your credit file.

You can demand they pay any additional charges/costs caused by them & demand they have any unpaid creditor who has marked you down for late payment remove said record.

Failure to do so could lead to a complaint to the OFT & consumers taking them to court.......again. It might give those staff engaged in trying to fob us off something worthwhile to do

• 1 month later...

Thinks that's bad? They paid someone elses wages into my account in error and took them back out over 6 working days later without my permission! Ombudsman said if it happens again, take money out, put it into high interest bearing account and make bank apply for money then offer them £10 per month so that you make on the interest. Interesting eh!

Hi all,

Ok, after much deliberation (and what feels now like cowardice!), I sent a D.P.A. request letter . Less than 2 weeks later, I received the cheque for £10(!) and a whole list of transaction and charges. They 'waived' the charges. Anyway, I've had a look at the charges....each charge is £20. Now is that too low to claim back, anyone know?

PT

• 6 months later...

There is a message on the HSBC site that this has in fact happened again today and some salary BACS payments will not hit peoples accounts until Monday:

"Delayed salaries. Due to problems with the UK BACS payment system, some payments including salaries may not have been paid in to bank accounts today. These salaries will be paid in to accounts on Monday at the latest.

If you are affected by this and require assistance please call us on 08457 404 404."

26/03/06 - 1st letter sent

16/04/07 - LBA Sent

08/05/07 - MCOL Submitted

08/05/07 - 2 copies charges sent to court

14/05/07 - Claim served

11/05/07 - Acknowledgment of Service

21/05/07 - 2 copies charges sent to DG

06/06/07 - DG defended

18/06/07 - Noitice of Transfer

22/06/07 - 1st nudge to DG

Yep over 400,000 people didn't get paid this morning due to the problems I spent quite a bit of time on the phone last night making sure that all my people got paid and fortunately they did!!! :D

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

BCT Status

Capital One Status

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks