BankFodder BankFodder

bolivar

Bolivar vs MBNA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4820 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi folks,

I'm just about to post off preliminary letters to 3 different MBNA cards I have held. These are among a total of about 20 claims I will be making to different banks and credit cards, mostly for quite small amounts, but adding up to quite a lot.

I've previously asked for advice about whether or not to claim for interest at this stage, and how much, but have received conflicting advice. I've decided to go the whole hog, and claim for interest at the rate originally charged by each card, from the date the charges were made until today (even though some of the accounts were actually closed down some time ago). Any views on this?

The cards and amounts are:

MBNA Mastercard: £220 charges + £173.50 interest = £393.50

MBNA Visa: £181 charges + £153.56 interest = £334.56

Alliance and Leicester: £92 charges + £64.13 interest = £156.13

Any thoughts or advice gratefully received,

Thanks also for all the great contributions to this site, really helpful to newcomers like me.

Happy New Year,

Bolivar

Just following up on my last post, got a letter today, saying they are paying £181 as a "goodwill payment", which happens to equal the full charges I claimed from my MBNA Visa card, but not mentioning the interest I had asked for at all (£153.67) - i.e. contractual interest.

Any ideas about where I go from here? Has anyone succeeded in getting contractual interest awared by the Small Claims Court?

Bolivar

you say you will accept as a partial settlement re-iterate the amounts of all three cards and if you are at lba stage give them 14 days, it will stand in your favour if you are going to court as you are showing at pre-litigation stage you are willing to settle without the courts intervention.

Thanks

23/11/06 HSBC **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - GE Capital - **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - MBNA - charges and interest **SETTLED**

30/12/06 - Welcome Finance - Prelim sent for mis-sold PPI

Hi all,

Good news - have now had the full amount back from MBNA, i.e. including the contractual interest I claimed. Total £334.67, including £153.67 interest.

I currently have 2 other claims in with MBNA, which so far are following the same pattern - i.e. they have initially offered to refund the charges without interest, to which I have responded with an LBA, claiming the rest of my original amount, i.e. the contractual interest as well.

How do I transfer a post to the successful claims section?

Thanks to those who have offered their help.

Bolivar

Hi everyone,

Success with MBNA - they have now agreed to pay in full all 3 claims I had made, including contractual interest - total £884. Very pleased, thanks to all on this site for your help.

How do I transfer this to the successful claims thread.

Bolivar.

Hi bolivar, congratulations on the win, i am just starting a claim against MBNA now, after winning just under 4k from Natwest, how do MBNA play it? i am sending off for SAR on the w/end but i know that my charges are going to be less than my outstanding balance, just wondering do they generally ask for the balance back after a claim or just take the charges off the balance??

If you contact a mod. they will move your thread for you :)

Lee :)

:)I am not an expert at this, any advice i give is from reading posts on this site, its all in here somewhere :)

:) If i have helped please click the scales:)

NatWest Settled 16th february 2007----£3902.67 All charges, costs and s.69 interest

MBNA- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 25th March 2007

MBNA missed deadline, LBA for SAR sent 8th May 2007

CCA request sent 8th May 2007