BankFodder BankFodder

eg2006

Debt Advice Bureau? Who are they?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3832 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Just been searching for some fre debt management advice and came across the Debt Advice Bureau. Are they as good as they say they are, does anyone have any advice?

Also, we are currently up to our eyeballs in debt and have been trying to sell our one bedroom flat since I found out I was expecting our son, who is now 18 months, we are struggling to meet the mortgage payments. Is there a way of getting the Mortgage company to take the flat back, without getting repossessed? we stand to lose about £10K on it as things stand at the moment if we sell it, so we are looking at all options.

Thanks for reading!

C

I have not heard of this company but I do suggest that you go to a non fee paying charity like the CCCS - who can give you free advice and refer you to DMP companies that also don't charge.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Thanks for the advice cheddar, I had looked at the CCC website, but cannot do the online thingy cos hubby is self employed. I would assume that this is because his income is not fixed each month.

Will give them a call though as they have advised.

Thanks again x

Hello,

Just been searching for some fre debt management advice and came across the Debt Advice Bureau. Are they as good as they say they are, does anyone have any advice?

Also, we are currently up to our eyeballs in debt and have been trying to sell our one bedroom flat since I found out I was expecting our son, who is now 18 months, we are struggling to meet the mortgage payments. Is there a way of getting the Mortgage company to take the flat back, without getting repossessed? we stand to lose about £10K on it as things stand at the moment if we sell it, so we are looking at all options.

Thanks for reading!

C

easy way, make an appointment with your local c.a.b, they will sort it out for you free of charge,DONT go to a debt management company ,they will charge you for there sevices, the c.a.b is free and they have very good debt advisors,they will sort every thing for you and all debt companies will have to go through them, rather than contacting you. hope this helps

Edited by sailor58