BankFodder BankFodder

poochball

One Step Too Far

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4842 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I recently had my current account debt written off as it was made up purely of charges. This was with Intelligent Finance and it took me a year to get this far. Anyway this was back in October 2006. I was assured in Writing that the DCA had been informed not collect the account.

Unfortunately Intrum Justitia are still pursuing this debt and will not listen to me. I have contacted Intelligent Finance twice and each time have been assured it would be dealt with and no more letters would be received. The final straw was a letter reporting that an agent would be visiting unless I paid the account in full. I telephoned Intrum who report that Intelligent Finance are still instructing them to collect.

I am guessing that this constitutes harrasment.

I have written the following to Intelligent Finance and will be faxing it through tomorrow: -

1 Baird Road

Kirkton Campus

Livingston

EH54 7AZ

Plan Number: 007

IMPORTANT

Dear IF,

You may remember speaking to me a couple of weeks ago regarding my current account and the fact the Debt Collection Agency has been chasing me for payment since October 2006. I was assured that this would be dealt with by Intelligent Finance Collections department and that no further contact would be received from the agency Intrum Justitia.

As you can imagine, I was quite surprised to have received another letter dated 23rd December 2006 reporting that I had 48 Hours to make payment or door stop collection would be initiated. This would involve an agent visiting my home to establish why I have not paid this debt, and to work out an affordable Monthly Arrangement. This would have been quite embarrassing for me.

Upon calling Intrum Justitia I was asked how I would be making payment, to which I explained for the 20th time that the account was not to be collected. Intrum Justitia report that Intelligent Finance are instructing them to collect this debt and have no information otherwise than to pursue for the outstanding balance. Again Intrum Justitia have proven that they are not willing to listen to me. As far as they are concerned I am in debt and should be treated with no respect.

This has gone too far now and I have done all I can to put matters right. In fact I have gone above and beyond my duties.

I am now considering legal action against Intelligent Finance for negligence, and for the unnecessary stress and inconvenience this matter has caused me over the last three months. Unless I am assured I shall not be contacted by Intrum Justitia again, and some form of goodwill gesture prevails I am afraid I shall be left with no other alternative.

At the very least I expect my Loan Account to be written off by way of apology for the unnecessary stress, inconvenience, expense of calling 0870 numbers, writing letters, sending faxes, taking up my personal time and for the shady, disorganised and incompetent Debt Collection agency that Intelligent Finance has instructed to act on their behalf.

A separate complaint has been submitted to my local Trading Standards Team, the Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Services Authority regarding the practices Intrum Justitia have employed against me during the life of this debt.

I also note that in your letter dated 25th September 2006 I can contact the Financial Ombudsman, however I am hoping this is not going to be necessary.

On a final note I would also like a written apology from Intelligent Finance.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely

Poochball

Do you think the above is ok? Am I being a bit cheeky by asking for my loan account to be written off? The amount is about £1000 that is outstanding.

I really want to go to town on them because I am sick to death of being harrassed.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

also,the threat of someone coming to your door is an empty threat....designed to intimidate you.

Tell them to bog off,or you will take them both to court for outright harassment

I agree, it is never really worth them sending someone especially as the debt amounts to £260. At one point they threatened me with court action and I was like "Please, please, please take me to court!":D

Completed:

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

I agree, it is never really worth them sending someone especially as the debt amounts to £260. At one point they threatened me with court action and I was like "Please, please, please take me to court!":D

this was discussed a while back on the forum-I don't believe they are actually permitted to send someone to your door.....

My understanding of it is that they can send someone to make a payment arrangement but that's all they can do and nothing else. You also don't have to let them in.

It is generally uncommon to send someone though because of the expense involved. Like above it is merely a scare tactic.

However they cannot send Baliffs unless they obtain a Warrant of Execution from the Court. And well that opens a whole can of worms!

Completed: