BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• This is a good article on how to try and spot whether a phone call about Track and Trace is genuine.   https://fullfact.org/online/test-and-trace-scam/
    • Goldman Sachs-backed Marcus Bank has brought back its one-year fixed-rate deal, but the account actually pays 1% now, a lower rate than its easy-access deal which pays 1.05%. View the full article
    • The Independent are saying that Boris is dropping the promise of not allowing US chlorinated chicken, hormone-fed beef and so on.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/chlorinated-chicken-us-trade-talks-boris-johnson-trump-a9549656.html#gsc.tab=0
    • The problem with these small debt amounts is that they can hang around like a bad smell. Every now and again you will start to receive letters followed by phone calls. Then it will go quiet and you will have another debt company chasing you. This could go on for many years.   Ignore DCBL as advised.   Send a complaint letter to ELE/Engie, asking why they have asked DCBL to chase a debt, when ELE have never sent any such bill to you. Then explain that you received a final bill relating to address xxxx and you paid it. If somehow there had been a billing error, ELE were advised of your new address, so they should have written to you at the new address.        
    • Of course it could be the same company trading under variations of the same name in order to dilute their bad reputation. In terms of the money you paid, section 15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act says that where a price for services has not been agreed then a reasonable price will be implied. I gather from what you have told us that they give you the price in advance and you agreed. I'm afraid that on this point, you would be bound to pay the price because contract law does not help people to make good bargains. It simply requires the people stick by the bargains they have made. On the other hand, if they undertook to do a certain job of work and to achieve a certain result – and that result wasn't achieved then you certainly have an action against them. The problem is that a company like this may be difficult to get hold of unless they have got a very clear office or workplace and some assets. The second problem is that you would probably be required to have given plumbforce the opportunity to come back and try again – and unfortunately you didn't do that. This means you tried to make a claim against them, they would probably argue that these plumbing problems they always take one or two goes to fix and that a reasonable person would give them an opportunity to sort it out before going elsewhere. I'm sure you're absolutely right and these people are completely overpriced – and it seems that they have done a bad job – and of course the reviews don't do them any favours. However, I think you're going have difficulty getting your money back on this – although if you want to try, will be very happy to help you – but I'm sure that it will go to a small claim in the County Court. Of course this would be an interesting exercise for you if you have the energy. It's quite simple – but of course you do risk your claim fee and your hearing fee if you lose. I can imagine that if you produced evidence of their reputation and what has happened in court that the judge will be disposed to find in your favour regardless of the arguments which I have suggested that they might put forward. The final risk could be that they would say that you are only entitled to recover the cost of the second plumber required to finish the job that you had paid Plumbforce for. In other words about a hundred quid. It's not a bad argument – I don't know if it is a winning argument – and as I probably wouldn't bother to be represented, they might not think of it for themselves. However, I'm just letting you know of all the possibilities in this problem. Of course I think one of the lessons view is to make sure that you get at least two quotes for everything – even if it seems to be an emergency. When your new home, it's worth making sure that you gather a list of reliable support services – either from your experience or from the experience of neighbours who will already have been through it. That way you can be reasonably certain that if you have any other problems with heating or lighting or water – et cetera, you will have one or two numbers to hand that you can call on with a certain amount of confidence.
  • Our picks

Conni

AQ help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4902 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Well back to the grind stone.

Got back from my Christmas break to find the AQ had arrived in the post and not the N149 as I had expected and was ready to fill in but the N150 which is for claims over £5000, sent in error but have to fill in in anyway. There is a part that is asking for directions which I am not sure how to fill in or even if I have to send any. Went onto the Jonni2bab Thread to find out how to fill in the AQ as it has a detailed explanation on how to answer all the questions for both forms.

If any one has any suggestions about the question F Proposed Directions would be very grateful for you help

thanks.

Hello

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Well back to the grind stone.

Got back from my Christmas break to find the AQ had arrived in the post and not the N149 as I had expected and was ready to fill in but the N150 which is for claims over £5000, sent in error but have to fill in in anyway. There is a part that is asking for directions which I am not sure how to fill in or even if I have to send any. Went onto the Jonni2bab Thread to find out how to fill in the AQ as it has a detailed explanation on how to answer all the questions for both forms.

If any one has any suggestions about the question F Proposed Directions would be very grateful for you help

thanks.

Have a look hear: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Tanz

also you could put in a request for standard disclosure something like this, which is often used for the small claims route in section G of the AQ:

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and

not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the

defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed

or even reflect their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their

actual costs and I am surprised the defendant did not counterclaim

for these, as I would have paid them without argument. However,

the continuing problem is (in common with the hundreds of other

cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the

banks are refusing to reveal the details of their penalty-charging

regime, and that the charges they apply to accounts for exceeding

overdraft limits and so on are entirely disproportionate to the

actual costs the banks incur. As the banks have a fiduciary duty

towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly

and in utmost good faith. Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that

the court in this case, not withstanding allocations to the small

claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in

the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid

end to this litigation. I have attached the schedule of the charges

I am claiming for to this allocation questionnaire to show a

breakdown of the amounts for the courts perusal.

I believe the case will take no longer than 1 hour

You can amend to suit.

I may be wrong so seek additional comment on this, please

Tanz

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and

not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the

defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed

or even reflect their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their

actual costs and I am surprised the defendant did not counterclaim

for these, as I would have paid them without argument. However,

the continuing problem is (in common with the hundreds of other

cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the

banks are refusing to reveal the details of their penalty-charging

regime, and that the charges they apply to accounts for exceeding

overdraft limits and so on are entirely disproportionate to the

actual costs the banks incur. As the banks have a fiduciary duty

towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly

and in utmost good faith. Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that

the court in this case, not withstanding allocations to the small

claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in

the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid

end to this litigation. I have attached the schedule of the charges

I am claiming for to this allocation questionnaire to show a

breakdown of the amounts for the courts perusal.

I believe the case will take no longer than 1 hour

If you include the draft directions order, delete the above in red, since this is what effectively the DDO is asking for.

Thankyou all I will add this