BankFodder BankFodder

marionmorrison75

Anyone complained to Information Commissioner?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm acting on behalf of my Mum - they charge pensioners too!

We sent the first letter requesting 6 years charges in October 06 but never heard anything back. Called at start of November and they claim not to have received the letter. Sent another letter to which they sent a reply stating they would send the information within 40 days (there're letter is dated 7th November) and they returned the £10 cheque saying it was not necessary. I take it as 40 days and not 40 working days?

I'm planning to call them tomorrow to find out what is going on. Will I need written consent from my Mum to Halifax for me to act on her behalf?

If I get no response am planning to send fax requesting information and giving them 7 days to get something out. Will then report them to the Information Commissioner. Does anybody know what happens then? Until We know the charges can't really take it forward. :)

40 days indeed, not working days.

You almost certainly will need to send a letter, signed by your mum, saying that you are authorised to deal with her account. Otherwise, they can refuse to discuss it with you under the terms of the Data Protection Act.

However, i had the same problem with my SAR - i found that speaking to Customer Relations and mentioning that they were in breach of the DPA got them moving quite quickly :)

fix (vb.):

1. to paper over, obscure, hide from public view;

2. to work around, in a way that produces unintended consequences that are worse than the original problem.

Usage: "Vista fixes many of the shortcomings of Windows XP".

40 days indeed, not working days.

You almost certainly will need to send a letter, signed by your mum, saying that you are authorised to deal with her account. Otherwise, they can refuse to discuss it with you under the terms of the Data Protection Act.

However, i had the same problem with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - i found that speaking to Customer Relations and mentioning that they were in breach of the Data Protection Act got them moving quite quickly :)

Apologies for buttin' in. I had similar problem & called Halifax - no joy. Sent 'em let on 29/12/2006 helpfully, i thought, pointing this out to them. Nothing to date. Will keep you guys updated.