You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gemspan

A&L Customer Service - or non-service

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4936 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I just wanted to say that I take my hat off to everyone who is dealing with A&L trying to reclaim charges.

I have recently opened an A&L account as a parachute account. I sent off a cheque on 13th December so that I would have money to pay my telephone bill. I checked on 20th December and it still had not cleared. I asked when it was going to clear and they told me they had just received it the previous day(!) and it would clear on 29th December. I consequently had my phone cut off because of this.

I then took £100 cash from my LTSB account and paid it in cash into my account at a post office. I asked if it would go straight into my account and was assured that it would. I then went home and tried to get my phone switched on again only to be told my card had been declined. I telephoned A&L and they told me that because I had used a payin slip as opposed to my card it would take 2 days to hit my account. I was absolutely livid and asked to speak to a manager.

A lovely lady (not!!!) called me back and to say she was rude would be an understatement. She told me I only had a "basic account" and I would just have to wait until the cheque cleared on Friday and the money went into my account on the Friday. I asked why post office staff were not trained in the various ways of paying in to A&L accounts and she said it was nothing to do with her.

She finished the call by saying if I wanted to complain I should go ahead but I wouldnt be getting any money until Friday.

By chance, the following day I checked my account (Thursday!) and the whole balance was available.

It seems to me that A&L have the worst customer services (closely followed by Toucan!) I have ever dealt with. I would urge everybody to reclaim everything they are entitled to. I am not easily intimidated but this woman made me feel 2 inches tall.

I will soon be claiming for A&L credit card charges so I am expecting the worst.

Well done to all who win. They dont deserve to have anybody's money.

Gemspan