• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,

not sure if im in the right forum but here goes. basically im thinking of making a claim for all my charges (should be a few) and even though ive read a lot on hear i think my heads swimming. do i just start with sending the £10 and getting my DPA records. and can i come on here and ask as many questions as i like or is there somewhere else i should go

thanks

peeps

Fil

Hya and welcome to our forum.

Yes you're in the right place.

Best to have a look at the FAQ's first as you'll get most of your answers in there.

Also read as much as yuou can in the Yorkshire forum, have a look at loads of claims so you can follow the gist of it.

Try your best and if you get stuck there'll be someone around to help you

good luck

Freebird

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

• 1 month later...

hi there, finally got round to doing this after a fun ne year:rolleyes: quick question. who or where do i send the initial letter (the dpa one) is it to my branch or the head office? been looking for too long i think cause i cant find the answer.

cheers

• 1 month later...

Everything you need and all the links are in this thread.

Step-By-Step Instructions

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

cheers sarah, but how do i work out the total, just add all the charges up and thats the amount im requesting? i know it may seem like a daft question but do i deduct anything for the amount they are allowed to charge?

cheers

fil

• 1 month later...

i sent a letter on the 1st april asking for the £1176.00 and giving them 14 days as per the letter template. its now the 4th of may and ive heard nothing......what now :(

do i send them a copy letter or a different one?

please help

fil

quick question, what if they apply charges to my account while im doing all this? i had a returned unpaid DD which i cancelled weeks earlier and they,ve charged me another £35 this week.

• 3 weeks later...

its been longer than the 14 days stated in the LBA and ive still had no letters since the statements came through. i sent all the letters to the address given to contact them on:-

Advice Quality Unit – Charges section

Third Floor

Brunswick Point

Wade Lane

Leeds

LS2 8NQ

is this why ive not heard anything? have i done something incorrectly?

or is this common?

cheers

fil

You have the correct address. Yorkshire Bank love to stall everything they do. Could be they are snowed under but dont be fooled.

Its up to you to set your timescales.

If you are ready, then file your complaint through the courts.

Remember to keep all your correspondance between yourself and them.

• 1 month later...

hey, guys was just about to start court proceedings but received a letter with an offer for £625.00. first thought was dont take it but i saw a thread that said to check before accepting any offers. has something major changed or should i continue as i intended?

Cheers

Fil

cheers for the quick reply Bigmac :)

im just filling in my N1 form now and have a couple of questions,

1. the account is in two names, do i include both of these in the claimant box?

2. is there one particular registered bank address i need and if so where can i find it?

3. i can find the excel spreadsheet to work out interest, ive used it once but cant find it again, any idea's?

cheers in advance guys and gals :)

managed to find the excel ss so thats great but am having trouble with the daily interest amount i put on the N1 form, is it the charges im claiming (minus the interest) x 0.00022? im not sure :(

thanks for all your help guys/gals

this is one awesome website!

cheers

Fil