Mr F v HSBC current account & credit card

MrsF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya im posting here with regards to my husbands claims with HSBC.

We sent the SAR request on 14th December and on 30th December we received their reply. We asked for documents relating to his current account and also his credit card account.

The bank account statements arrived in full, and we have worked out the charges to be around £520.

However with regards to his credit card account, we have received a seperate letter which says:

I am in receipt of your recent letter requesting all statements in respect of your credit card account.

Unfortunately, on checking our files, we do not appear to have any credit card accounts listed in your name.

To enable the bank to proceed further with your request, I shall be grateful if you will provide me with either a copy of an old statement or your credit card number.

This is where our problem is, we did not have either of the account numbers and they managed to provide us with bank statements but not credit card statements, which i think is odd. Now on one of the bank statements there is a partial account number from when my husband paid his credit card using his debit card, but 6 digits are starred out. We know it was a mastercard and was held around the same time his bank account was open.

How should we deal with this? I was thinking i could send them a letter quoting the partial account number but im not sure this would be enough. The only other option is to abandon the idea of claimimg the credit card charges back (we know there was quite a few, probably another £500 or so).

Any help is greatly appreciated. In the meantime i will send the prelim for the bank account charges.

Thanks

Also should i send the prelim to our local branch, where we sent the SAR?

Or should we reply to the address on the bottom of the covering letter shich was with the bank statements, this is:

HSBC Bank Plc

Harry Weston Road

Binley

Coventry

CV3 2QT

Thanks in advance.