BankFodder BankFodder

johnpmc35

Johnpmc35 v NatWest

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4818 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I'm currently trawling though my bank statements & am attempting to fill in the interest spread sheet however I am a bit stuck. At the end of each month underneath where my interest is taken I have a charge but in the details all it has is a date, followed by my account number & then the amount taken which varies from £12.85 (Aug 2004), £20 (Sep 2004) or more recently £28. Does anybody know how I should record this charge on my spreadsheet.

Thanks a lot

John

Guest NATTIE

Not sure on the £12.85 any further details, (did you have an advantage gold account? was it interest?) but definitely £20 Unarranged Borrowing and the £28 so claim em back.

No, it's just a current account & the interest was £17.77 & is shown directly above it. It's recorded the exact same way as the others so I'll just put it down as unarranged borrowing too. Thanks for the advice.

Guest NATTIE

I have a feeling you may well be right as I have come accross Unarranged borrowing as being at a pro rata rate.

Sorry, another question....I used to have a an overdraft limit of £1,500 up until July 06 when I reduced it to £100. I have read that interest on arranged borrowing of up to £100 is free but obviously I incurred a lot of charges before this date. Should I therefore put the Annual Interest Rate as it was when I had an overdraft of £1,500 & if so do you know what this should be for a Current Plus Account. Thanks again, hopefully i'll get to grips with this interest soon!

Guest NATTIE

First thing is yes to the £100 thingy as to the current rate which has just gone up today then have a look at the NatWest website under charges and interest and the answer will be there.

Do I include interest taken for every month from when the first charge was taken, even if there were no charges taken in that month?

Just a quick question. I am due to submit my claim to the court on Friday but I need to know if I am to include the £120 court fees on the schedule of charges & therefore the overall claim or will this automatically be included in cheque when I win? Thanks