Mbna Nightmare!!!!

Cornucopia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have got the message but unfortunately its not isolated incidents of no enforceable cca so they are acting as schoolgound bullies trying to intimidate - knowing that most people are genuinely scared of going to coury (apary from CAG'ers of course).

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Peter's defence, his expertise is heavily into Bailifs and distance marketing regs. As far as the day to day bashing of MBNA, he's usually not been actively involved in that.

HI

Nobody knows everything and besides i was mad and wanted to vent my anger.

Hence the awful spelling.

Sent them a CCA request together with a letter poining out that they were preventing me from exercising my statutory rights by intimidation and a letter to the OFT was on it's way.

Don't know if it was that or the request for the cca but i got a very appologetic letter saying my account was stoped in error please accept our appologies and the block has of course been removed.

They don't get away that easy

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

HI

Nobody knows everything and besides i was mad and wanted to vent my anger.

Hence the awful spelling.

Sent them a CCA request together with a letter poining out that they were preventing me from exercising my statutory rights by intimidation and a letter to the OFT was on it's way.

Don't know if it was that or the request for the cca but i got a very appologetic letter saying my account was stoped in error please accept our appologies and the block has of course been removed.

They don't get away that easy

Peter

Oh Peter that was me that originally asked the question about why you had posted, apart from the question itself i did notice the spelling too. It just didnt seem like you....i am sorry i didnt mean to offend.

Oh Peter that was me that originally asked the question about why you had posted, apart from the question itself i did notice the spelling too. It just didnt seem like you....i am sorry i didnt mean to offend.

HI

You didn't offend i like to think we are all friends here.

I was about to go into hospitkl fot an heart opp which didn't help my mood.

Looking throught this thread there s a lot of information regarding addresses and peioples peronal experiances that is invaluable. It is all very well knowing the law but it it is very useful indeed if you know beforehand, when threatenting to litigate what their defence is likely to be

Best regards

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I can understand, exactly why peterbard made his post.

He was and quite understandably 'Hopping Mad', 'Enraged' and about to 'Boil Over'. Been there, done that, got the T shirt!

MBNA have to be the most non-consumer friendly CCP, they are rude, aggressive and their Customer Relations department needs to go back to the MBNA charm school to re-take the MBNA exams on customer relations.

In 2003, I was in a similar position to peter...my credit card was gobbled up by the ATM machine for no reason, other than an MBNA commercial decison.

Of course, when one knows that one has done nothing wrong to precipitate this kind of action; one's blood boils over with rage and anger.

Personally, my anger at MBNA has not abated, I will fight them tooth and nail until I obtain justice.

Good for you peterbard.

Love AC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just an update for you all on my little disagreement with MBNA. I have taken their offer to settle out of court, but the war isn't over yet. MBNA could only supply a template letter of a Notice of Default, with a note to say it was sent "on or about" a particular date. As they cannot provide the letter, a deed of assignment or a definite date, I am now requesting they stop all Data Processing (standard template letter). I'm also tempted to insist on complete removal of default as they cannot prove its existance. Should they disagree, I have them for not meeting SAR by not providing it when requested. DCA must have found a very snug hole to go and hide in, not a murmur from them since I CCA'd them.

Still fighting with SLC who missed the CCA deadline by some way. DCA now handed back to them. All this for "arrears" that wouldn't be if they were able to process paperwork properly.

Hope you are all fighting on - don't give in.

Next stop - Barclaycard court hearing in a few weeks - if it gets that far?

• 1 month later...
What's happening with the story here. No posts since 5th July. is everybody on holiday?

Hi Tartan, no there is simply nothing to report. The words "mexican" and "standoff" spring to mind!

I am most certainly not blinking first!

Regards,

Corn x:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Tartan, no there is simply nothing to report. The words "mexican" and "standoff" spring to mind!

I am most certainly not blinking first!

Regards,

Oh dear, that is sooooooo funny:lol:

Thanl God you have not lost your sense of homour.

Well this is the agreement that they have sent to me, I have to add that it has been copied through a fax machine, the photocopiers were obviously busy with other agreements, and is mostly illegible where there is any normal size print!

I have let them tighten the noose around their necks through their countless threats since I received this, am just going to send a non compliance letter to stir things up a bit, oh what fun :-D Think I will leave it a while before I even start on s85 hehehe

MBNAAgreement.jpg

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

• 1 month later...
Have you blinked yet in your Mexican standoff, or should I send you a bottle of Optrex:D

Ha ha!! No blinking going on here, as you well know!!! You little troublemaker you!!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Cornucopia you must have one wicked stare. Still no movement after months.

I have been away from the Forum fighting my own battles and what follows is a brief summary

MBNA from sending me on average 5 letters a week,threatening all sorts, seem to have run out of paper and ink. They have even stopped sending me statements. My case is currently with the FSOB who have managed so far to get me refunds in excess of £5000 but I have yet to see the appropriate statements with the amounts deducted. Has anybody thought to challenge the validity of MBNA's entitlement to a Credit License.

Mint have written off a £5000 debt as a result of not being able to find the original Credit Agreement.

Morgan Stanley are still digging their heels in over charges and the differance but so far I have had an offer of about £800 to be repaid, but I haven't accepted yet.

Marbles or HFC have refund £1100 which I have accepted.

Amex have cleared my account as a result of my offer to pay of the balance less charges.

Nationwide Bank paid me in full over £1200 in charges.

Not bad for 6 months work and no court appearances.

You stand your ground. Best wishes

Well Cornucopia you must have one wicked stare. Still no movement after months.

I have been away from the Forum fighting my own battles and what follows is a brief summary

MBNA from sending me on average 5 letters a week,threatening all sorts, seem to have run out of paper and ink. They have even stopped sending me statements. My case is currently with the FSOB who have managed so far to get me refunds in excess of £5000 but I have yet to see the appropriate statements with the amounts deducted. Has anybody thought to challenge the validity of MBNA's entitlement to a Credit License.

Mint have written off a £5000 debt as a result of not being able to find the original Credit Agreement.

Morgan Stanley are still digging their heels in over charges and the differance but so far I have had an offer of about £800 to be repaid, but I haven't accepted yet.

Marbles or HFC have refund £1100 which I have accepted.

Amex have cleared my account as a result of my offer to pay of the balance less charges.

Nationwide Bank paid me in full over £1200 in charges.

Not bad for 6 months work and no court appearances.

You stand your ground. Best wishes

Hi Tartanscouser! Nice to hear from you again!

Wow, you have done a brilliant job, well done!! This is all sounding fantastic!

I am really really pleased for you and it is very heartening to hear stories like this!

There is lots going on with MBNA but nothing I can publicise unfortunately, however, I will do when I am able - God only knows when that will be!

Anyway, good luck with them and do shout if there is anything I can help with!

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Tartanscouser - it's a shame this was only your 4th post. You seem to know what you are doing and have had some success.

Just an idea, but, maybe post a summary of how you achieved your successes - in new threads in the right forums - so that others may gain useful information.

..and Corn .. wishing you well.

Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this site so forgive me for sounding naive. I have a problem. I have recently emigrated and had a credit card with MBNA. They have sold this debt onto 1st credit who have some how got hold on my mother-in-laws address! I have never ever lived at this address and my finances are in no way linked to my in-laws which is why I am mightily annoyed! The only people I gave this to were my old mobile phone company!! My mother-in-law is fast approaching 70 and is extemely worried. They are threatening legal action. Whilst I freely admit this mess is my own fault I do not want them to know where I am. I have emailed them and even phoned them (and left a voicemail) advising them that I do not and have never lived at that address and if the letters continue I will seek legal advise on their behalf for harrassment. We here do I stand. HELP PLEASE! :Cry:

• 5 months later...
Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this site so forgive me for sounding naive. I have a problem. I have recently emigrated and had a credit card with MBNA. They have sold this debt onto 1st credit who have some how got hold on my mother-in-laws address! I have never ever lived at this address and my finances are in no way linked to my in-laws which is why I am mightily annoyed! The only people I gave this to were my old mobile phone company!! My mother-in-law is fast approaching 70 and is extemely worried. They are threatening legal action. Whilst I freely admit this mess is my own fault I do not want them to know where I am. I have emailed them and even phoned them (and left a voicemail) advising them that I do not and have never lived at that address and if the letters continue I will seek legal advise on their behalf for harrassment. We here do I stand. HELP PLEASE! :Cry:

Oh dear, I think you didn't get an answer to this as you put it on my thread rather that starting your own.

I see you haven't posted in some time, so if you get this I suggest you start your own thread in the MBNA forum and I am sure you will get lots of help.

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hello all you strangers! I thought it was about time I updated this thread as I haven't posted in a long time. To cut a long story short, Arrow Global have just issued a claim on us for the whole amount and are aiming to get a charging order on our property.

I have, of course, sent the acknowledgement of service with notice that we are defending in full. Defence is ready for submission but I am just waiting for the Barrister who is advising me to return from holiday to give it the once over.

So, that is where we are at now. It's taken them long enough hasn't it?

I will try and keep this updated with developments.

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hello all you strangers! I thought it was about time I updated this thread as I haven't posted in a long time. To cut a long story short, Arrow Global have just issued a claim on us for the whole amount and are aiming to get a charging order on our property.

I have, of course, sent the acknowledgement of service with notice that we are defending in full. Defence is ready for submission but I am just waiting for the Barrister who is advising me to return from holiday to give it the once over.

So, that is where we are at now. It's taken them long enough hasn't it?

I will try and keep this updated with developments.

Regards,

Corn! Lovely to hear from you again......thought you had dropped off the radar! Keep us up to speed on your developments. Debs x

Hi Corn. I read through this thread many moons ago and cannot remember it all now. Is it possible you could do a quick summary? :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi Corn. I read through this thread many moons ago and cannot remember it all now. Is it possible you could do a quick summary? :)

Hello Hope & Emp, thank you so much for your posts!

Blimey, I have just realised that my thread has had over 17,000 views! Right, a very short rundown :

Husband had a bit of a breakdown.

I found out some time later that he hadn't been paying card.

Tried to come to an arrangement with MBNA, they agreed and then promptly sold to DCA.

That is about it actually!

Now, I have spent the past 16 months trying to enter into dialogue with DCA and their sols, they haven't answered a single letter.

MBNA provided a Blue Peter agreement. They then actually admitted to doing it IN WRITING!:eek:

This has not put off the DCA and their sols, oh no, they have now issued a claim for £15K plus.

I have hired a Barrister.

I have spent all of today putting together the bundle and defence is ready to go.

Because of the situation, I can't post any of the defence or other issues up on the forum. I promise to keep you posted.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

MBNA provided a Blue Peter agreement. They then actually admitted to doing it IN WRITING!:eek:

:o Seriously, what is it with these people? And in writing???!!!!!!!!!

I bet your barrister is going to have lots of fun with this one. I wish i could hire one to deal with my court claim (HFC). I am quite sure that would completely take them by surprise.

These people expect everyone to roll over. I think it's fab you are well and truly taking the fight to them.

I shall look forward to your updates.

Best wishes ;)

• Haha 1

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

:o Seriously, what is it with these people? And in writing???!!!!!!!!!

I bet your barrister is going to have lots of fun with this one. I wish i could hire one to deal with my court claim (HFC). I am quite sure that would completely take them by surprise.

These people expect everyone to roll over. I think it's fab you are well and truly taking the fight to them.

I shall look forward to your updates.

Best wishes ;)

Thanks Hope! I know it sounds daft, but I have learned so much about these things over the past months. I will PM you.

The Barrister works on a time used basis so can be quite affordable, I have to admit I wouldn't have been able to afford him a year ago, or when this all started, but I have budgeted for it! I do understand, though, that this is not always an option for everybody and I SO wish it were.

I have no choice but to defend, this has gone on long enough and has completely taken over our lives, so I have to get on with it!

It is a slog though and if you saw the amount of paperwork I am surrounded with, have had no dinner and am still in gym kit from this morning, it isn't pleasant!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards and I promise to keep updated!

Regards,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Aw, Corn, So sorry to hear about this but if anyone can beat this lot, you and Mr Corn can, sure you are very well prepared. My fight is still ongoing too, they didn't comply with SAR, so complaint to ICO and just sent off huge wad of papers to FOS, I sooo know what you mean about being buried in paper work, my poor old computer is struggling under the strain, keep us all posted.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks