BankFodder BankFodder

kendraflo

Ge Capital Money

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4827 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone help me with the interest rate for GE Capital Money - used to be First National Tricity Finance - bought something on buy now pay later from Northern Electric -= got statements - was charged £20.00 a few times for unpaid direct debits - want to claim interest on top - don't know what rate to use - cany anyone help?

Kendraflo:confused:

Halifax - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Overdraft facility removed 21/9/06 - threat to close account - Default Notice lodged 06.10.06

Mint - S.A.R - 8/9/06 - Statements received 03.10.06 - Prelim letter sent for £268.13 03.10.06

First Direct - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 21/9/06 - Prelim letter sent 21/9/06 for £410.00 - settled in full

First Direct - S.A.R 21/9/06 - for husband's old account

Barclaycard - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Statements received 16/9/06 - Prelim letter 18/9/06 for £496.25 - Part offer received 22/9/06 for £228.00 - Rejection letter sent 25/9/06 - MCOL issued 8.10.06

MBNA - S.A.R 8/9/06 - Partial offer received 6/10/06 - full offer & interest received on 6.10.06

ACE CARDS & GIFTS - S.A.R - 19/9/06 - statements received -27th September - vouchers received in settlement - 4th October 2006 - £235.00

Not sure on this one. It might be a good idea to ring them and ask what interest rate they charged you.

We used 29.9% for GE Money - Burtons Store Card. They have repaid charges but are curently refusing to pay the interest. This is what we wrote about that:

"On the matter of interest I would make the following point: I do not expect to borrow money free of charge but fully expect to pay interest. However, the interest I have claimed back was not levied on money I had borrowed from GE Money but on money unlawfully transferred from my account in charges. Therefore my claim stands."

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.