Vickicb Vs Barclaycard

Vickicb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my SAR to Barclaycard recently as I'm missing a few statements. I got a letter back today with a bunch of statements from 2004 - Sept 2005 and every statement says £0 balance, 0 transactions, etc. Now, I know I used it during that time so I compared them to the statements I have and it appears that in December 2001 Barclaycard changed my account number. The number I put on my SAR (taken from a statement as I've cut up my card) was my OLD account number. Why would they have changed it?

I used the spreadsheet anyway to work out my charges from the statements that I have, I think the missing ones will not have any charges on them anyway as there is a clear balance on statements either side of the missing few. However, the first 3 charges come under the OLD account No and the other 5 charges come under the NEW account No. How do I proceed with this claim? Do I need 2 spreadsheets, but one claim letter? Very confused....:confused:

Hi Vickicb,

Barclaycard are on my list of "things to do" so am just browsing.

I always thought that a SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST was ALL info held about that particular person...NOT just one account details???

Perhaps they may need reminding of this or else someone could tell me that I have got it wrong???

It could depend on what U actually asked them for also...maybe U were too specific?

Hope this helps Vickicb

• Haha 1

Guest ian cognito

Your SAR should result in them sending all info they hold but if you quoted the account number they've probably used this an excuse to just send what you asked for. You are still entitled to the rest of the info if you need it.

You can put these together on one claim and one spreadsheet, I did one for GE Money for several accounts and just added another column and listed the account numbers so there would be no confusion!

Good luck

Thanks for the advice - galileo, it could well have been due to losing my purse, I remember losing it when doing teacher training which was at that time so that probably explains it.

janquinny, I'll do as you advise and add another column to the spreadsheet to save confusion - it's only a claim for £212 but every bit helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd start a thread for this claim, one of 4 I've started this week.

Their response to my SAR was pretty poor TBH, but as I have the majority of statements (and the few missing ones probably incurred no charges) I thought I'd go ahead on what I've got - It's a small-ish claim anyway.

So, prelim sent today for £140, rising to £256 with interest.

Will keep you posted.

Good Luck I have just filed my N1 with the courts yesterday for a grand total of £316 incl. of interest.

Should be fun......:D

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

I also filed my n1 and recieved a defence which stinks. heres the link to the scans :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/56475-barclaycard-legal-papers-here.html

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I'm just completing my MCOL for Barclaycard. I'm claiming £140 in charges since 2001 and £114.59 in interest on these charges at their cash balance interest rate of 27.9%. I have got the particulars of claim from the templates library and I'm confused about what I put the two sections below (My questions in CAPS). Can anyone help? Many thanks.

5. Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of £XXX SHOULD THIS BE THE TOTAL CLAIM AMOUNT? OR JUST THE CHARGES THEMSELVES?;

(b) Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £xxx [enter interest total at date of claim] continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.xx; WHAT DO I PUT IN HERE? I THOUGHT I DIDN'T CLAIM THE S69 INTEREST AS WELL? IF I PUT IN THE 27.9% INSTEAD HOW SHOULD I WORD THIS?

Claimant claims: (a) return of the amounts debited of £140.00

If you're claiming contractual you should include something along these lines.

The Claimant also claims interest at a rate of 27.9%, from the date of each transaction to (date of claim) of £114.59, as set out in the attached list of charges. (Schedule A) The claimant further claims interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment, at a daily rate of £0.11p per day.

The Claimant believes this rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on the Defendants overdraft interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

Should the court find that this interest rate is not applicable, then in the alternative the Claimant wishes to claim interest pursuant to section 69

County Courts Act 1984 of 8% as set out on the attached list of charges (Schedule B)- £xxx [enter interest total at date of claim] continuing at 8% until judgement or settlement at a daily rate of £0.03p

Plus 2 separate schedule of charges A and B: 1 for 27.9% and 1 for the alternative s69 8%

• Haha 1

Can you fit all that, plus the rest of the POC on an MCOL?

Mike

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.