Vickicb Vs First Direct *2 Claims*

Vickicb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I got my statements from 1st Direct today for the joint account and my sole account. Totals are £2998 and £1766. :eek:

Immediately completed the spreadsheets and sent off the prelim letters today (treating a seperate claims). Will update any progress.

• 3 weeks later...

I could do with some advice. I claimed as above and sent as two seperate claims, one for the joint account and one for my account. THe 14 days were up so I sent the LBA, again, two seperate letters in two envelopes. The next day I received an offer from FD saying "thank you for your request for refund of £4764.00 bank charges" - so they have put the claims together - and offering £3627.00 (the enclosed acceptance slip breaks it down as £1397 sole account; £2230 joint). Now, I want to continue with this so I have these questions:

1) I have sent the LBA's already - they must have crossed in the post - should I send another accepting in part settlement and saying I still want the rest?

2) My OH has around £300 charges to claim on his FD account. Should I just start this as a seperate claim or should I add it in now as they seem to be treating the different accounts as one claim? I don't want to risk them seeing it as a "second" claim later on as they seem to close accounts on the second claim.

Many thanks

Vicki

Mine crossed in the post two. Write and accept as part settlement and say you still want the rest. Remind them of the LBA and the deadline for that (stick to the original deadline you set).

I'd start you o/h's as a seperate claim. But I don't know what others think!

I hope you find this helpful.

You can merge them as the total is still under the £5k small claims limit or keep them split, makes no difference. As for your OHs, start a new claim. You shouldn't just up your claim halfway through.

If I've been help to you, click on my scales and add to my rep! :wink:

Stuck with RBS charges?

Click here!!

Settled

RBS Current Account1 £2794

RBS Current Account2 £503

HBOS Credit Card £498

Still to Settle

Barclaycard Est£180

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 1 month later...

Good news, received a letter today offering to settle in full £4765. First offer was £3700-ish, second offer after LBA was £4300-ish so sent another letter rejecting and giving a further 7 days to respond. got a letter back within 3 days offering full settlement. Thanks to everyone for help, will donate when money in the account.

Superb, congratulations!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!