dpa 40 days passed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent a dpa request for 6 years statements to my Halifax branch in October. About a fortnight later I was contacted and told that I would need to pay £10 for them to proceed. I paid this amount on the 13th November and was told that they would be received within 40 days of that date.

The 40 days passed on the 23rd December, I've rung Halifax 3 times since and each time I've been told someone from the branch will be contact me by the end of the day but no-one has. I'm on day 50 now and still no contact or statements from them!!

They are required by law to provide them within the 40 days aren't they? Is it 40 working days or something? What can I do now as they just appear to be ignoring me?

Many thanks

TPRICE

Typical - I look everywhere and find nothing. Posted this and then came across what I wanted almost immediately!!

DPA non-compliance template letter 3 will be on it's way to Halifax tomorrow am.

If anyone has anything that may be helpful to add, please feel free.

Cheers

You are on the right tracks, so stick with it. They had 40 days (plus two working days for postage) from your request, so report them. Some people have got their statements much quicker even though they didn't pay anything (requested them via phone).

Keep us posted!

This happened to me when trying to get my data, I phoned up and instead of chasing it up, I just asked at what address I should serve court papers for my imminent claim for non-compliance - this seemed to get their attention. I eventually got through to a lady with the job title of "Data Protection Consultant" in the "Business Risk - Retail" department, who was very apologetic and helpful. I got my statements through by special delivery by 9am the next morning.