Nax Vs. natwest Bristol - may need some direction here!

nax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

having spent several days and hours reading through the threads here over christmas (not that i have anything against christmas!) i have decided to take action against NatWest....so i have used template one (S.A.R request) and taken that too my local branch this morning, only to find out that they "apparently" dont have an address to give me to send it, but are more than happy to forward it internally on my behalf. so after much discussion about the chances of it being "lost" i agreed to let them do it internally in echange for a stamped dated and signed reciept from a member of staff in the branch....can anyone tell me if i can begin my 40 day countdown now or will i have to wait for contact?

thanks to all who help my on my journey through the gates of hell and back!hehe.

happy new year also!

Nax:D

Guest NATTIE

Yes is the answer and Welcome to the CAG. In the 40 days that you may have to wait, get yourself familiar with the FAQ's and also of how others have won their case against NatWest. Once you are confident and if you have any other questions then use this thread to update us all on your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

have set up my account to view online and found this happened!

5th dec - unpaid item charge - this put me over my overdraft limit by £3.86

6th dec - card misuge charge - £35.00

8th dec - referral charge for november - £90 *funnily enough i phoned natwest and asked why it was £90 and they said i am charged £30 everytime something fails in my account..i.e missed payments etc - when i looked at my online statement i was not "charged" or "fined" once during november, anyone know if they charge £30 for using at ATM machine?!hehe...

29th dec - charge (when i enquired as to what it was for i was informed that they "weren't really sure", faith in the people that maintain my account???? HELL NO!)

...i contacted them today to see if they have recieved my S.A.R request as i missed two phone calls from withheld numbers and thought it may have been them - and they apparently have nothing on record, perhaps i should have asked the branch staff to log a note on they're system? its been 8working days since i gave it in (not including the day i gave it in at the branch)

Am i being to keen to expect some form of contact from them already?

and to "natweststaffmember" you wrote yes to my question about the 40 day countdown - but im not sure if thats a "yes you can begin the countdown" or a "yes you have to wait untill they confirm recieving it at the head office(or where ever the hell it goes!!!)...

and one last question for the day "i promise!" - is the 40 day countdown real days or working days?

thanks again to all who aid me on my quest!

thats amazing! ok maybe in this knowledge i'll have to break my no more questions today statement!

question is - if i have no response by the 11th of feb what do i do in regards to getting my 6year history in order to proceed with my case?

did try and look for this scenario in other threads but no luck!

thanks so much for the help and response time!

Nax

Hi nax, and welcome.

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they refuse, or do not furnish you with the full information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - Information Commissioners Office – Information Commissioner's Office - for a breach of the Data Protection Act. We also have templated letters to force compliance through the courts - see the Templates Library.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Referral charge £30 an item(max £90 a month). A referral charge is when an item is paid when the account is £26 or more over the agreed limit.

• 5 weeks later...

nax, long time no threads.

Any luck on the SAR front?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

"excuse me....please allow me to dust this off!!!"

i recieved my "s.a.r type letter" i had to request it twice....once in the bank with the letter...and then 27days later i phoned to confirm it arrived with them...no such information - so another request was made...

several days later i recieved a slightly ripped brown envelope of my statements leading back until 04/10/2002 (was going to query why it didnt go back the full 6years as requested but it wouldnt matter much as i was only 17 yrs old then!And probably had no charges then!

same day i also recieved a letter asking if my S.A.R request was required (something in the fourth paragraph apparently suggested otherwise- it was the standard template from this site!, delaying tactics me thinks!)... but thats now irrelevant (perhaps i cannot spell!?!)

anyhow i been busy but just inputted the charges for my history on the template spreadsheet and am quite pleased with the amount it summarised!

however i now, like many other people on this forum...have some questions...

1) on my history i have had one refund against charges and one partial refund...can someone confirm how i take this into consideration? (i assume i just note them on the spreadsheet and remove them from the total amount im claiming?)

2)i have several charges on my statements that are either £20 or £28 - but none state what for.... any bright idea's on if these are claimable or even what they are....they have a past month date on them - is it a fixed charge for being charged in the last month and are they claimable?

3)can i claim back charges for "card misuse?"

and finally...

4) can i claim for "referral charges?" as i had a pleasent £90 one back in december!

thanks to all who help me and good luck to anyone that this perhaps helps?!

3 and 4 is yes, need further info on the £20 and £28 ie date for definitive answer, but think yes and on 1 you need to take partial refund off amount claiming

an example of the "£20 - £28 charge" is -

29/07/2005 i was charged £28 and the details are - 01jul A/C*******

and only the partial refund or the full refund aswell on question 1?

anyone able to confirm my Q2?

thanks again!

nope - i dont even think i now do - im sure its just a current plus account...how would i know?

im still concerned - if they gave me a full refund for a charge surely i would be wrong to claim it back again right??

Hi nax and good to hear from you (finally)

Glad to see that NATTIE has come to the rescue and provided you with the answers to most of your questions. It might be a good idea just to have a butchers at the FAQs and the step-by-step isntructions http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

just to recap, seeing as its been awhile, as all of the answers to your questions could have been answered simply by looking here.:)

Take time out to ensure that yor schedule of charges is spot on before sending it along with yor PRELIM. The tides appear to be changing as Natwest seem to be settling a lot sooner, more often than not, simply by sending the initial letters, hopefully you may be one of the chosen few.

Good luck.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• 1 month later...

ok so its been another month and im agai dusting this off...... soo busy lately! anyhow - had two family members go over charges spreadsheet and am now confident there are no faults with it...next step - remove the interest column and post to natwest... i know its in the FAQ's section.... but im very uncertain still.... (need a "hell yeah thats right" i guess!?)

Guest NATTIE

I think the answer is a hell yeah! Even if it isn't they should come back to you with an offer on either Prelim or LBA

"What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter"

can someone explain to me what i write in these... do i list charges seperately to the interest charges?!? i dont understand!?!?!?!?:-o:sad:

in the first lot of £XXXXX you put the total amount in charges before interest, in the second lot of £XXXXXX the amount of interest and in the third lot of £XXXXXXXX you put the total of those 2 added together.

Good Luck!!!

x

NatWest owe me £1890.00 + £220 court costs + £250 interst

Egg owe me £250 including interest

...............................................................................................................................................................

07.12.2006 - sent Natwest 1st letter ;)

15.12.2006 - Natwest offered £414.00 :|

18.12.2006 - sent 2nd letter to Natwest asking for the rest

08.01.2007 - Natwest claim serviced

16.01.2007 - natwest acknowledge claim

19.02.2007 - filed aq form

21.02.2007 - Natwest offered £1890 (not accepting)

15.03.2007 - sent 1st letter to egg

22.03.2007 - received letter from egg offering £44.00 (not accepting)

30.03.2007- Natwest sent me a cheque for the full amount £2360 :-D :-D

07.04.2007- Egg claim serviced

:D "SHOW ME THE MONEY NATWEST!!!!":D....

and u did coz i won.. WOOOHOOO!!!

Yeah thats right. The interest is the 8%. all the ino you should need will be on the spreadsheet if you have done one.

Lori

NatWest owe me £1890.00 + £220 court costs + £250 interst

Egg owe me £250 including interest

...............................................................................................................................................................

07.12.2006 - sent Natwest 1st letter ;)

15.12.2006 - Natwest offered £414.00 :|

18.12.2006 - sent 2nd letter to Natwest asking for the rest

08.01.2007 - Natwest claim serviced

16.01.2007 - natwest acknowledge claim

19.02.2007 - filed aq form

21.02.2007 - Natwest offered £1890 (not accepting)

15.03.2007 - sent 1st letter to egg

22.03.2007 - received letter from egg offering £44.00 (not accepting)

30.03.2007- Natwest sent me a cheque for the full amount £2360 :-D :-D

07.04.2007- Egg claim serviced

:D "SHOW ME THE MONEY NATWEST!!!!":D....

and u did coz i won.. WOOOHOOO!!!

thanks soo much for replying quickly but...sorry ( i genuinely am) i dont mean to challenge you but - on the step by step instructions it say's -

"(2)

If you know how much you are claiming (i.e. because you already have all your statements), then send the preliminary approach letter - PRELIM LETTER - in the library section.

Edit the letter according to your circumstances, removing any details not applicable etc..

Enclose a schedule detailing the charges you are claiming, but do NOT include the 8% interest on the schedule yet."

which i think conflicts with what your telling me to do....

can anyone else answer me or confirm that your right?!?:confused::o:confused:

again im sorry i just dont want to do this wrong!

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX (your charges)

plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. (this is just overdraft interest that has been charged relating solely to your charges, not general overdraft interest. If your not claiming this delete this para)

Total £XXXXX .(add the two, or if not claiming OD interest, delete)

I enclose a schedule of the charges (without s69 8% interest)which I am claiming with this letter"

Any clearer?