Seralh Vs Natwest

seralh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to the site and need some advice. I just spoke to my bank(NatWest) in regards to some charges I have of over £150 last month. I asked them to refund them for me and they agreed half.

When I agreed I also told them I am still going to be taking the matter further in regards to a ludicrous amount in charges from way back until present. They said I wouldnt be able to if I accept what they are offering me today.

Is this correct or shall I call to get my £75 refunded into my account and still take the matter further or would I not have a right to do that?

Your advice would be much appreciated!!

:oops::sad:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Why dont you claim back the charges for six years all together?

I would tell them to stick the £75 for now - and just go throught the process of getting it all back at the same time :)

Thanks for your advice. I am doing exactly that-cheers!

Also I asked them for my past 6 years of bank statements and they said i need to write in to get them-is that correct?

Sorry that reply was to Embo. I will take your advice in that case then. I think the guy didnt know what he was talking about to be honest so I will call to ask for the £75 to be refunded then still write to get the full 6 years charges back in that case.

Thanks!

I wont!! thanks for the advice. I am currently in the process of writing to them to obtain my bank statements for the past 6 years then i will calculate my charges and then write to them.

Has it worked for you?

Embo

I have put National Westminster Bank into the link to obtain their head office address in Bishopsgate so therefore do I send that letter to that address along with £10 (who is this payable to?)

cheers!

Here is the address to send the letter to

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/238-data-protection-manager.html

Cheque Payable to Natwest.

I would really recommend you have a good read of the site before you start anything.

Like I say the FAQ's and step by step instructions.

Have a read of some of the other members threads as well, you will get a clearer picture then

Hi

Me again. I have joined this site today, I have read all the info I need to get started but I have a few questions.

1. I need to obtain my statements by sending the SAR. Where do I send this? Is it to my local branch, head office OR the Data Protection manager? And who do I make the £10 payable is it to my bank?

2. Once I have obtained my statements do I need to fill out the spreadsheet as I dont have online banking with my bank! Cant i work them out manually then just put the total into the first contact letter???

Thanks in advance!

1) Data Protection Act- cheque or postal order to your bank. Address should be in the relevant contacts list for your bank

2) Yes, you can fill out spreadsheet advanced if you are claiming contractual interest on the charges or if not just add them up and put total in first letter

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.

I'll put it this way, I know a few things in relation to how the game is played and how the CAG way is the best way forward to claim what is rightfully yours.

I came I saw I helped. I could do no more.

I just noticed that for my bank (Natwest) the only address i can find is the Bishopsgate branch. Wheres the address for the Data Protection Manager. I have one in Edinburgh - is that it?

Hi Seralh.

Me again. I have joined this site today, I have read all the info I need to get started but I have a few questions.

You then ask some basic questions, which are all covered in the FAQs and the step by step guide.

You really need to spend two or three days with the FAQs to not only read it but to understand it. This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared put in some effort yourself.

You are preparing yourself to take a major financial institution to court and sue for return of charges. These institutions have unlimited financial resources and large legal departments full of experienced lawyers, all eager to eat you for breakfast.

If you don't do the deed correctly then the legal department will get their meal.

If you follow the well-tried and tested procedures suggested on this site, to the letter, then you will win your claim.

It's your claim..... It's your money.....It's YOUR homework.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya

Happy New Year people. I am new to this and Ive read the step by step guide twice but I have 2 questions still, I wonder if someone can put me straight?

I need to get my last 6 years of statements sent to me and I am not sure whether I need to send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter to the Data Protection Manager (Edinburgh address-I bank with NatWest) OR the Natwest Head office (Bishopsgate)?

Also can the cheque for £10 be sent by my husband as I have no cheques left?

Also once Ive worked out what my refund amount will be do I send the first letter to my own branch or their head office address??

Please advise asap cheers.

Seral

Yor should send your SAR to the Edinburgh address, and when you send your first letter for request of refunds you can just send this to your local branch, they will advise you when to start sending future correspondance to their head office.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

Once you start the process of your claim remember to open a thread in the relative bank forum, this will enable you, and others helping you, to keep track of your claim.

All the best in your claim!! :wink:

DELLER

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Thanks very much Deller I will do that asap. Would it be ok if the cheque was in my husbands name or would this not be acceptable?

That would be fine.