BankFodder BankFodder

Gemz

Gemz Vs Halifax One (CC)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4846 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

There is currently £1685 owed on this card, the limit is £1700. I've calculated £275 of charges, but I'm a bit worried about claiming it and them lowering the card limit.

We are also trying to get them to agree to freeze interest and accept token payments, the minimum amount was not paid last month so the account is in arrears.

Is it worth claiming or leaving it for now? There is also insurance which I would like removed as it is unnecessary.

Any tips?

Hi Gemz

If you've not paid, even just once, then they may put a restriction on the card and prevent purchases until you catch up. If you're intending asking them to acept reduced payments then they will not allow anything else to be added, so your worries about the limit being lowered are justfied I'm afraid. However, that's not because you're claiming charges back.

I've tried all sorts of things with them to freeze my account and stop adding to it each month, but they've refused so far. I did eventually get them to stop the insurance, which was totally useless when I became unemployed anyway.

It looks like I have to wait for a certain time period to go by, without payment, before they'll pass it to their own debt collection department. I'm hoping that's where they'll stop adding further charges to the account.

They have asked me to agree a payment plan with them but as I don't have an income I can't pay anything, and so it goes round in circles...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi Gemz

If you've not paid, even just once, then they may put a restriction on the card and prevent purchases until you catch up. If you're intending asking them to acept reduced payments then they will not allow anything else to be added, so your worries about the limit being lowered are justfied I'm afraid. However, that's not because you're claiming charges back.

I've tried all sorts of things with them to freeze my account and stop adding to it each month, but they've refused so far. I did eventually get them to stop the insurance, which was totally useless when I became unemployed anyway.

It looks like I have to wait for a certain time period to go by, without payment, before they'll pass it to their own debt collection department. I'm hoping that's where they'll stop adding further charges to the account.

They have asked me to agree a payment plan with them but as I don't have an income I can't pay anything, and so it goes round in circles...

Yes, they have frozen the account, but also frozen interest for two months. The limit is only £1k and the balance is £982 and has been for a year, as the min payments have only been covering the interest - the downfall of never checking the DD.

They have also asked us for a payment plan which I am currently in the process. Hence, not being sure whether to rock the boat asking for charges