You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mcwoodgnome

McWoodgnome vs HBoS (Retail)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4849 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Currently started 2 claims against HBoS - one for my personal account that I'll detail in this thread, and one for a business account that I'll use another thread for.

Sent off SAR fromthe template on 3rd December and received a letter dated 22nd December confirming that duplicate statements have been ordered, but that "With regard to your request relating to manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further with your request." Then received 3 years worth of copy statements.

Am writing back to ask them to confirm in writing that they do not keep any records older than 3 years! Anyone else had this letter I wonder?

As an aside I have just received a letter telling me that my HBoS Visa card is due for renewal, but that they are not going to renew it - what a customer retention policy eh!

Which bank is going to be the first to realise that if they offer a current account (even with a small monthly payment) that imposes charges at a reasonable rate then they will immediately clean up the 100,000 or more customers who are aware of this? Probably no bank actually wants anyone who is aware of their rights.

Oh well, onwards and upwards....

Mcwoodgnome yes id agree with that view and maybe one bank will see the opportunity that lies in front of their eyes but firstly they have to pay up, send another letter to the bank and advise them that they have until such and such a day (40 days) to have all your banking history (statements) delivered to you and that failure to do this will result in you making a complaint in regards to non-compliance of the Data Protection Act to the information commisioner, this should speed things up, good luck with your claim.

Got all the required statements, but no response to initial letter. Now preparing the LBA.

LBA sent out, no response within time limit so time to bite the bullet and initiate the claim. Using MCOL with an English c/o address as it seems the easiest way to go. Used the template MCOL wording which seems fine, double checked the interest calculation and away we go. Total claim £2281.06 including £120 court fee.

Slight concern with who to put as the defendant - eventually used

Bank of Scotland PLC

Leeds

PO Box 548

LS1 1WU

Waiting for a response.......

MCOL have sent an 'Acknowledgement of Service' that they intend to defend all of the claim. They have until 5th March to file a defence.