Additional Charges Question

brokensword
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am a relative newcomer to the site and require some advice as regards to the procedure of how to include any additional charges incurred since any claim was submitted.

For example I have submitted my initial claim letter which I am waiting for my bank to resond to - in the meantime I have incurred further charges. Would I be able to include these charges in the existing submitted claim - if so how? Or would they have to be submitted in the form of a completely new claim.

I have tried seraching for any guidance on this but am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of returned searches.

Many thanks in advance.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

As long as you haven't filed a claim, you can just add further charges into your next letter.

You can keep adding on additional charges right until you submit your claim with the court.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have a quick question I hope someone can answer..

As a result of Abbey not paying a direct debit for my mortgage, it resulted in me also getting a £30 charge added by Northern Rock to my mortgage account. grrrrr!

Can I add this to my Abbey claim or do I need to claim from Northern Rock for this?

One of the unpaid DD's was because my overdraft had expired(?) and I never got any notification from Abbey, gits! (there was enough money in to pay the DD's!).

Abbey did refund their charges on this occaison but I still got hit with a £30 from Northern Rock because of it.