Help ! A new problem - different DCA !

PriorityOne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a 'phone call from a DCA who I have been paying £15 a month to for the past 4 years (on behalf of A & L). I understand that this company Global Debt Management is pet of A & L, but am not totally sure.

Anyway, following a stroppy letter from A & L before Xmas, I have been told that they can no longer accept £15 a month from me, they have done a check on the Land Registry and are going for a charge on my house. I paid the £15 in the usual way this morning and told the bloke to put everything in writing. He said that A & L are handling the account and the letter would come from them (as the previous one had done). :evil:

I do not want a charge on my home if I can help it ! The debt stands at around £4,400 (according to them). I have always bluffed the fact that I am a homeowner and got away with it, but this is the first DCA that have actually checked it out!.... and after so long accepting regular payments from me, I am cross about it! :evil: :evil:

It seems as if my past life struggles are very slowly beginning to slap me round the face ! :(

I am about to post an SAR request to A & L today covering all my accounts with them. This was originally intended to be just in relation to another debt with A & L and Moorcroft, but I am now forced to deal with this one as well. Would that put the debt in dispute anyway ? Do CCA requests need to go off 2 ? if so, to just A & L, GDM or both ? :???:

Any advice would be appreciated. I will be back on here later, but am so stressed out right now.... :(

Not sure if I should have started a new thread of not with this... but didn't want any confusion with the other one.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

back date your request by 2 weeks and also the cheque that you will send. trust me as this will speed things up !!

This is not a practice endorsed by CAG. By all means send your request in - but date it correctly and honestly.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

mixed up the thing. send the sar and then chase after 14 working days. this way it will speed up.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

From this

back date your request by 2 weeks and also the cheque that you will send. trust me as this will speed things up !!

To this

mixed up the thing. send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and then chase after 14 working days. this way it will speed up.

Please dont insult our intelligence.

Ok, I have calmed own a bit... couldn't see the wood for the trees this morning. I have sent the SAR to Alliance & Leicester today.

Whe I spoke to the DCA the bloke this morning, he said that they were agents for A & L and the letter would come from A & L re. the charge on my house.... yet I have been paying this DCA for 4 years without hearing a peep out of A & L 'til now.

Neither of them have hassled me too much during this time, but am now wondering who owns this debt, as the DCA bloke implied that they were a seperate company from A & L and were acting as agents for them.

Can anyone shed any light on the truth behind Global Debt Management ?

Do I need to send a CCA request to them ?, or...

Do I need to send an SAR to them as well as A & L at this stage ?, or ...

just wait for the SAR info. back from A & L ?

I am thinking that probably do need to send for something else, but am unsure what would be more useful.

Thank you for any advice..... :)

Global Debt Management are 100% owned and controlled by Alliance & Leicester. Also according to the company accounts, they are non trading!!

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

Well, the logic would be that yes, as they are owned by A&L, then they should be able to retrieve the relevant paperwork with relative ease, but it depends on how good A&L are at passing on the paperwork.

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

In that case, I won't bother with the CCA because the payments will have to continue going to one or the other anyway.

I will wait for the SAR from A & L...

If I should be doing anything else at this stage, PLEASE let me have your thoughts folks. :)

Off for a cuppa now ...

Guest Battleaxe

Please make sure you send A & L AND Global a letter stating that the account is now in dispute. Send both letters recorded delivery. A & L hate this, but it makes them sit up and take notice.

Don't assume they will understand this just because you have requested the SAR. I hope in your request you included a para requesting ALL data they hold on you and if there is a credit agreement get that also.

We included the credit agreement with SAR, actually we also asked for copies of telephone conversations. They needed a large plastic envelope to send us the transcripts. Have done this MBNA also. it makes them work harder than just sending statements.

Thank you for the advice Battleaxe. This is the letter sent earlier today.. found it on the site.

Edited

I am expecting to receive a letter from A & L shortly, re. the charge on my house, so I will respond to that when it arrives by saying that the account is in dispute. I will write to GDM at the same time, although I was intending to maintain the £15 monthly payments to them whilst all this is going on.

Now that I am much calmer, I'm wondering what A & L hope to achieve by threats of making a charge anyway ? My payments to GDM have been regular over the past 4 years and I have missed NONE. Is this a scare tactic, do you think ? If so, then it worked very well this morning... :o

Probably is a scare tactic. As to get the charge again they or their solicitors would need to goto court and explain themselves in front of a judge. !!! it works both ways. Also costs will not be allowed as the balance is under £5000. What are they going to say ? "this person has been paying uson time and has not missed a payment so to make sure he does not in the future we are after a charging oder on his property !". Also is your house mortgaged or free ? As you could easily transferr it into your childrens name and so on.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Guest Battleaxe

Thanks for answering this Bailiffchaser. I feel it is a scare tactic and trying to make you pay more. They will try anything. Maybe A & L haven't tried this with us, as we have a shared ownership.

If they can threaten you with things and mentally screw you up then what stops you from screwing up their systems with scare tactics etc?

The people who are fighting the banks over this issue have the moral upper hand in this argument. We do not advocate using dishonesty or scare tactics against the banks even though they often do these things to us.

We at CAG pride ourselves in following a 100% honest and lawful approach to reclaiming our money, by doing this if there is any press coverage of it we always appear whiter than white and, by contrast, the banks appear worse.

I know the suggestion above (to back date the letter and the cheque) has been removed by the person that posted it, but I would like to point out that most letters arrive with a postmark on the envelope. If CAG were seen to be advocating such practises then you can guarantee that they will start keeping the envelopes the requests arrive in and use it against us.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Probably is a scare tactic. As to get the charge again they or their solicitors would need to goto court and explain themselves in front of a judge. !!! it works both ways. Also costs will not be allowed as the balance is under £5000. What are they going to say ? "this person has been paying uson time and has not missed a payment so to make sure he does not in the future we are after a charging oder on his property !". Also is your house mortgaged or free ? As you could easily transferr it into your childrens name and so on.

When I have read simialr threads on here about scare tactics, I am able to recognise them without much trouble... but when it actually happened to me this morning (after so long without any hassle), ... my logic went completely AWOL...

Being a bit of an anorak, I have kept all my existing bank statements for years (nothing to do with A & L) and have actually been paying them £15 a month for nearly 6 years on time, each and evry month, so I am guessing that they are just pig sick of me now.

I also found a letter from GDM, dated December 2002, which states "we have been instructed by and on behalf of Alliance & Leicester PLC to collect monies owed to them.... "

In an earlier posting it was said that GDM are 100% owned by A & L... and, that they are showing as non-trading. Does that mean that they can just go and collect without a CCA ?... because they are an A & L company ? Also, if they are "non-trading", what are the implications for them if it can be proved that they have collected my money for the past 4 out of 6 years ?... e.g. in copies of my bank statements ?

After much thinking, I have decided to send a CCA and Deed of Assignment request to GDM after all, for the following reasons :

If they do not have the docs. then they should not have been collecting from me for the past 4 years, which means that I may be able to claim it all back (especially seeing as they are "non-trading")

If they do have the docs, then A & L are not within their rights to threaten me with charges on my property, increasing payments, etc. and will have made a boo boo in passing it to GDM in the first place.

Anyone's thoughts on this would be appreciated with thanks... :)

Hiya there,

Heres a little bit of new info that might help you,

If it is this company that are involved with A&L

Global Debt Mangement Services LTd Bldg 3 Floor 2

Carlton Park, Narborough Leicester LE19 0AL are registered at Companies House with a Comapny registation No 02417634.

They are not registered with the ICO as a data processor of information.

That means that if Alliance & Leicester have passed information about your account and/or personal details, Global now have your information and are in possion of it unlawfully, that Under Sections 17,18 18, 20 is a Criminal offence under the Act. Failing to register as a Data Processor & not holding a license.

Also the fact that A&L have passed this information they are in breach of the Banking Code Standards Board Statement of Principlles, A&L are respnsible for the actions of their agents and by using a debt collector who is not lawfully registerd they are aiding and abetting Global to commit offences under the DPA

A&L should coduct themselves and operate their internal management and administrative affairs in a professional manner and with due care skill and dilligence( Principles of the BCSB) they have failed to offer you due care and dilligence and have been negligent in passing your information to Global.

Write a letter to A&L with all this info and tell them unless they begin treating you with proper skill and with reasonablness instead of acting in such a reckless manner you will take action against them under section 13 of the Data Protection Act for damage and distress and vexation.

BUT If its Global Debt Recovery LTD

of New Malden, Surrey, The info I've just given you is a waste of space they are registered with the ICO correctly.

I hope for your sake its the First one Sparkie 1723

• Haha 1

For them to register a legal charge you would have to sign and consent to the Legal Charge form. They may register what's called a caution against your property or a restriction, neither of which require your consent. These prevent you from selling your property or remortgaging without them being notified and their consent being obtained. In order for them to register anything against your house they have to get whats called a "priority search". You can stall this if you can lodge a priority before them. If you are aware of the Title Number for your house you could do the search yourself, it is called an OS1 search, and they last for 40 days (i think). This way they would not be able to register anything. This may give you some time to bargain and reach an agreement with them. It also tells them you know what you are doing! Hope that helps and good luck

• Haha 1

Halifax plc - £1600 WON - received

Halifax plc - £925 WON - received

Halifax plc £370.00 WON - received

Yorkshire Bank - £1290 WON - received for boyfriend

Back to sort out Credit File and get back on track!

HAVE FAITH AND KEEP GOING :p

Hiya there,

Heres a little bit of new info that might help you,

If it is this company that are involved with A&L

Global Debt Mangement Services LTd Bldg 3 Floor 2

Carlton Park, Narborough Leicester LE19 0AL are registered at Companies House with a Comapny registation No 02417634.

They are not registered with the Information Commissioners Office as a data processor of information.

That means that if Alliance & Leicester have passed information about your account and/or personal details, Global now have your information and are in possion of it unlawfully, that Under Sections 17,18 18, 20 is a Criminal offence under the Act. Failing to register as a Data Processor & not holding a license.

:D

It is Global Debt Management Services Ltd... but based at Peat House, 1 Waterloo Way, Leicester, LE1 6LP. Do you know if this address is registered ? I sent a CCA request to them today for the h*ll of it.

My SAR sent to A & L yesterday however, must have crossed with their letter to me, which I received today.

It said :

I am writing to inform you that due to the level of arrears on your account, I have instructed our Solicitors to issue legal proceedings out of your local County Court. This could result in a County Court Judgement being entered against you.

I am unable to agree to withhold the issue of legal proceedings unless the outstanding loan amount is paid in full.

No mention of possible charges to my property in writing ...

At the top of the letter, it also says Please Reply to : Global Debt Management, followed by the usual 0870 phone no. So it does seem that I have 2 companies messing around on the same debt. Tut tut.

Let the fun begin .... :)

Should I contact them to say that the acount is now in dispute, or leave all communication for now and wait for someone to stuff up ?

dispute the account and in the mean while wait for the sar a cca. Even if court action starts then it could take months before it goes to a hearing. As by then you will have enough time to sort your defense out. etc.