You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

piggybankbreaker

PiggyBankBreaker vs. Halifax Visa - HELP!!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4902 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello All,

I have completed steps 1 (asking for the statements Data Protection Act etc), and 2 (asking for it back) with Halifax Visa.

I have had letters back from them saying 'huh? you want it back? errr. no, we're not listening, laalaa laaaah' and something has tweaked in my brain and now I'm all a panic...

The correspondance I have been receiving from Halifax has been from Pittreavie, Scotland. Now, I understand Halifax to be an English Building Society, but I opened my account in Scotland (though for the last 4 years have been living in London, where the majoeity of the charges were incurred). It is my understanding that Scotland is not included on this OFT / Bank Charges, etc etc...

So are they just laughing at my pathetic attempts (they cashed my £10 S.A.R. [Data Protection Act] cheque) to sound like I know what I am talking about, knowing fine well that they are happily shrouded behind Scottish Law and I will never see a penny?

Also, when I inevitably sile my MCOL, what address am I supposed to put under defendents??? The address I beleived myself to have to respond to in the past (as that's from where they were communicating), or the registered HALIFAX office, in (derrr) Halifax, England???

A VERY CONFUSED,

Piggy

HI in scotland we too can claim back bank charges although the difference is we can claim up to £750 maximum in small claims, as you are in england then send to (derrr) yes halifax, lol. Think if you send the LBA you will get a goodwill gesture as a final settlement offer, good luck.