You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

tonyflow

Stalling Tactics from Egg

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4904 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sent SAR off to Egg back in Early december, and received a letter from them a couple of weeks later asking for proof of ID in the form of a bill with my name /address on it (why they needed this I did wonder being as I could apply for loans etc to them without having to provide this!), so I replied with a statement attached to prove my ID. I received a letter last week from them saying they have accepted this and will now reply to my SAR within 40 days. Should I give them this, give them 28 days from their reply last week (original letter stated 28 days), or stick to the original plan and report them for no compling when the 28 days from the original letter is up (I will give them a few more days than 28, as, with the Christmas break, it is only fair!)?

Interesting news on the confidentiality notices :)

Hi Tonyflow and a happy & PROSPEROUS new year!

I had exactly the same request from Egg but am still only giving them the 40 days to get my data to me as they know perfectly well who I am & are just stalling but like you might give them just a few extra days due to Christmas but I can't see how it takes 40 days to retreive data from a computer anyway

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

6 years of claim offered 25/10/06

15/11/06 default filed

16/11/06 warrant requested

Capital 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/10/06

Black Horse S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/06

Egg CC/Loan SAR sent 17/11/06

Haliax ERC pre-lim sent 17/11/06

Hi Tonyflow.

Ask yourself this, would Egg give you extra time because of xmas, birthday, easter, vacations etc? I doubt it.

Stick to your timetable, because if your case goes to court, you need to be seen to do everything by the book. As with many other institutations, Egg will stall as much as they can, using any tactic to hand. Don't give them space.

I too got a letter like that, in fact they wanted two forms of ID, one for my current address and another for my old address (which I had at the time of using my Egg card) - annoyed me, but won't stop me.

I plan to stick to my timetable rigidly! :D

Its quite funny, as the various institutions seem to have a choice of 2 tactics.

Tactic one (from my experience), includes Co-op/smile and now Egg, and they will stall for as long as they can, which doesnt help as it will only delay the inevitable (unless they can get their solicitors etc to find a loop-hole or such like - I am guessing this is what they asked Father Christmas for).

Tactic two (from my experience), includes MBNA, who will offer a settlement immediately (before I even asked fro any amount), I guess in the vain hope that people cannot wait for the money, and will bank the cheque as they dont have any choice.