• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

egg.**SETTLED UNCONDITIONALLY **

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They responded to my prelim saying they were going to investigate (3 days after my deadline) and that i must send them £10 for my DSIR, which i'd already received and paid for. Stalling tactics as usual.

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Submitted MoneyClaim on 30 May.

Acknowledged 7 Jun, 3 Jul deadline for response

Defence filed 4 Jul

Received their copy of AQ 21 July, awaiting court date

*********** SETTLED IN FULL - 17 August *************

Egg Card:

Requested Payment Protection Refund on 20 May,

Sent Data Protection Act request, egg acknowledged,

8 Jul deadline for response.

26 Jul: Sent Prelim Letter

01 Sep: Sent LBA

Citibank:

Not Started

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, ah well - I expect I have a reply at home but I don't care what it says. My LBA is already in its envelope ready to send tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Well, as I thought there was a letter from Egg last night (the last day) when got in. It says:

____

Thank you for your letter dated xxx with regards to your complaint.

1. Your credit Agreement ("The agreement") with Egg Banking PLC ("Egg") clearly states that charges (as defined in section 8 and set out in more detail in section 7 of the Agreement) will be added to your Account if you exceed your Credit Limit or fail to make your contractual repayments. Section 7.1 clearly states:

"If you break teh terms of this Agreement we may charge you the following, where relevant, to cover the additional costs to us:

- £20 each month you go over the Credit Limit...

- £ if you do not keep up the payments on the Account..."

2. Egg does not believe that the terms and conditions set out in the Agreement are in any way "unlawful". egg recognises taht customers sometimes exceed their Credit Lmits and/or fail to make their required repayments and Egg therefore has in place systems and processes to deal with the same. Such systems and processes include the use of computers, staff and other necessary overheads.

The charges set out in section 7 of the Agreement are calculated by taking into account the total costs incurred by Egg in maintaining those systems and processes and the estimated number of customers who will exceed the credit Limits on their accounts or fail to make their required repayments. The amount of the Charges applied under section 7, therefore, represents a genuine pre-estimate of the loss caused to Egg by customers failing to make the agreed repayments and/or exceeding their Credit Limits.

3. We would further point out that Egg takes steps to try to ensure that you do not incur Charges set out under section 7. For example, the Agreement requires you to have a direct debit in place to make your monthyl payment. This is done to ensure (as far as possible) that you do not inadvertently fail to make your repayments on the due date (and do not incur the relevant Charges under section 7). With respect to observance of your Credit Limit, you are able see your outstanding balance 24 hours a day on New Egg Home. This enables you to monitor your balance and manage your spending within your Credit Limit (and therby avoids incurring any relevant Charges under section 7).

4. We should point out that it is Egg's policy to terminate the account of any customer where, in Egg's ciew, teh bank/customer relationship has irretrievably broken down, for example, where a customer issues legal proceedings against Egg on the basis of a disagreemtn over Egg's standard terms and conditions. If you do wish to take this matter further then we suggest you consider seeking independant leagal advice.

5. Where a customer's account has been terminated, the customer is obliged to repay all outstanding amounts due and owing to Egg within 30 days. where amounts remain outstanding beyond this period, Egg will consider taking legal proceedings for repayment of the outstanding sums. Where the termination is doen by reason of the customer issuing leagl proceedings against Egg such legal proceedigns are likely to take the form of a counterclaim. Any adverse result to the customer under legal proceedings to recover moneys owed will ultimately lead to a county court judgement being registered against the customer (which could affect futire credit status).

6. If you have any concerns relating to information heldd about you by a Credit Reference Agency you chuold contact the agency diredtly. Egg uses the following agencies:

a) Equifax

b)Experian

c) Call Credit.

If you want to discuss this matter further, pelase call me on the number at the top of this letter, or contact me directly on: 08007 834 393 ext 6162.

Jackie Bradley.

Phew, my fingers hurt now!! Sorry about any typos, I haad to type it up - no scanner thing!

Any ideas what I should do now? I'm going to pay the outstanding balance, so there's no option to counterclaim, ccj's etc. what you reckon?

Any ides on replies? Just the standard LBA?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Well, I'm gonna try and pay it off, lol. I get paid friday so will just pay it all off, even it leaves me with nothing - would have had a enough withmy HSBC pay out, but had to pay something that I wasn't expecting, damn it, grrr......

Thansk for the advice, just send the LBA then?!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I was particularly concerned about section four, so I called the FSA and asked if Egg can cancel my account based on a complaint. They said that they cannot, just based on a complaint but they can based on a commercail decision and that once legal proceedings have been actioned by a consumer it is out if their juristiction and they have no say. Bloody hell!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Right guys, LBA sent!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Go for it, expecting a reply to my (second) LBA today ... long story, good luck!

They've scared a few people off with this and other tactics, if we just bombard them with all the claims people are putting forward now (and be stubborn with them) we might get somewhere.

There scare tactics have worked so far, it's time to show them we have the power!

NatWest:

Sent LBA on 12 May.

Submitted MoneyClaim on 30 May.

Acknowledged 7 Jun, 3 Jul deadline for response

Defence filed 4 Jul

Received their copy of AQ 21 July, awaiting court date

*********** SETTLED IN FULL - 17 August *************

Egg Card:

Requested Payment Protection Refund on 20 May,

Sent Data Protection Act request, egg acknowledged,

8 Jul deadline for response.

26 Jul: Sent Prelim Letter

01 Sep: Sent LBA

Citibank:

Not Started

How comes you had to send them 2 LBA's?? lol

I've had a letter from Egg repeating a lot of the alst letter and also saying that "It is not clear on what basis you are alleging that the default charges you ar claiming constitutes a penalty, nor is it clear what evidence you propose ti adduce to back up that allegation."

They also say that they will refund me £28 as full and final pament for this complaint (£28 the difference between the total charges that have been applied and the amount that they have had to reduce them as per the OFT), and keep my account open.

Well, I'll leave it and just issue MCOL - or should I actually reply and say that it's as a part-payment?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Well, I'll leave it and just issue MCOL - or should I actually reply and say that it's as a part-payment?

Any ideas?

I'm thinking that as part of the Particulars of claim and settlement I ask that the account stays open, what you reckon?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hey guys, just setting up MCOL.

Is this the best address to use:

Customer Relations Office

Egg plc

Riverside Road

Pride Park

Derby DE99 3GG

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hehe, MCOL ready to be submitted, got it as £30.00 costs which is cool.

I'm also claiming the Data Protection Act fee of £10.00 and postage costs of £5.00!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Thanks for the support Moose - let me know what your Thread's called and I'll keep an eye so I can help you!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

How comes you had to send them 2 LBA's?? lol

I've had a letter from Egg repeating a lot of the alst letter and also saying that "It is not clear on what basis you are alleging that the default charges you ar claiming constitutes a penalty, nor is it clear what evidence you propose ti adduce to back up that allegation."

They also say that they will refund me £28 as full and final pament for this complaint (£28 the difference between the total charges that have been applied and the amount that they have had to reduce them as per the OFT), and keep my account open.

Hiya,

Just to let you know that I have decided my next moves:

I am writing to Egg accepting the above as PART PAYMENT ONLY. If they have not paid the full amount within 7 days, I'll issue legal procededings.

Also, I am going to pay the balance off, that whay they can't counterclaim, eh?>

My charges claims:

Default removals:

What do you think of this as a reply;

______

Thank you for your letter dated xxx regarding a settlement offer for the claim I am making against Egg for unlawful charges that have been applied to my account.

I note your offer to refund the difference of your previous charges to that of your revised charges. I would like to point out that the OFT’s ruling to reduce charges only meant that they would not get involved with any complaints if the charges were below a certain level: £16.00 in Egg’s case. The OFT asked that card providers didn’t just reduce their charges to the level they said they wouldn’t get involved; they still ruled the charges to be unlawful!

You mentioned the termination of my account. I would like to highlight the Banking Code’s Bulletin 21 which states that account termination should not be imposed automatically and each case should be reviewed individually. I believe you to be in breach of this directive as you have not entered into any discussion regarding my circumstances.

I will not take any further action regarding your breach of the Banking Code according to the following conditions:

I accept your offer of £xxonly as part payment for the full amount of £xxwhich has been taken unlawfully from my account, as well as my costs of £xx. I will only accept the part payment via a cheque, made payable to un1boy and it must be with me within 7 days from you receiving this letter. The remaining £xx should reach me no later than 14 days from the date of this letter. As this is still classed as a complaint, I would like to point out that any mention of the termination of my account would be referred directly to the FSA, without any further notice.

If I have not heard from you within 7 days I will begin legal proceedings as mentioned in my Letter Before Action without any further correspondence.

________

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Well, got a letter back retracting the offer to refund the difference as I had said I wanted to claim the full amount.

All I need to do now is cash in all the money I've lent to others and pay off my Egg card, that way I don't have to worry - although, they'll probably end up taking me to court.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Good luck to you I think Egg are the worst of the bunch. I have changed my home telephone number because they hounded me so much! Problem is I cant do anything about them yet as just dont have the funds to pay off the whole account. When I have the money I will go for them as a priority

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

Good luck to you I think Egg are the worst of the bunch. I have changed my home telephone number because they hounded me so much! Problem is I cant do anything about them yet as just dont have the funds to pay off the whole account. When I have the money I will go for them as a priority

I'm in a similar situ about paying it off, but Ive had to save up so I've got the dosh (actualy, I lent it to some of my family so I knew I had it, hehe!).

I was tempted to not go for it, but then I thought, no I will - thye've just increased my interest rate as well, the swines!!!

I am concerned though, as no one seems to have won with Egg yet!

And I'm a bit scared about having to turn up to court, like they keep amking people do!! :(

My charges claims:

Default removals:

See if they turn up in St Helens tomm on Fergals case. I doubt it for the amount involved its not worth it to them to pay anyone to represent them they are not going to get costs in any circs. always ask for the Hearing to be conducted in person dont agree to telephone hearings as maximum inconvenience for them & make sure the case stays in your home Court

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Egg seem to think that they are allowed to charge £16 as per the OFT's ruling - is this correct? Also, what about the other lenders? Can we calim for their charges if they are £12?

Any comments greatfully recieved!

Thanks

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi,

Egg seem to think that they are allowed to charge £16 as per the OFT's ruling - is this correct? Also, what about the other lenders? Can we calim for their charges if they are £12?

Any comments greatfully recieved!

Thanks

Hi I believe that Egg managed to get dispesation from the OFT to allow them to charge £16. However the OFT ruling for Egg and all others only states that they will taken action if their charges are above £12/£16. You can still argue that these figures are not a true reflection of the actual costs and therefore reclaim them. I have already recieved a £12 refund from Capital One.

Thank Lively Lad and happy new year!! :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi I believe that Egg managed to get dispesation from the OFT to allow them to charge £16. However the OFT ruling for Egg and all others only states that they will taken action if their charges are above £12/£16. You can still argue that these figures are not a true reflection of the actual costs and therefore reclaim them. I have already recieved a £12 refund from Capital One.

Just had a thought - is there a way we can get hold of the "bulletin" the OFT issued to the lenders? What about a Freedom of informationr equest etc?

Cheers for your help.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Guest Battleaxe

UnIboy,

We keep claiming back the £12.00 charges with interest from Capital One regardless and what is more they are refunding them.

Until egg disclose their actual costs all the charges are unlawful.