BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4847 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Travelled to Orlan:-x do on the 13th December from Manchester via Philadelphia, on arrival only 11 or the 13 bags that were checked in were there. I planned to be away for 3 weeks 2 of these on a cruise around the Caribbean .

The two bags that were missing were my mothers , I reported it and was treated very badly by US airline staff, who did not seem at all interested in my plight. The cases had brand new dresses that my mother has purchased especially for the cruise, jewellery from my late father and Christmas presents for all the family ( nine of us travelled)

By the 16th December my mother had received one of the bags ( small holdall), but my main case had not arrived. She is leaving the country on the 2nd December still minus my bags, they offered her $25 per day for being without my bags and $500 to cover out of pocket expenses , which came nowhere near as most of the $500 went on phone calls to the airport and taxis to and from the airport.

This holiday was a once in a life time the whole family have been affected as we all refused to attend the formal evenings we had looked forward to, in order that e support my mother and much of the holiday was spent travelling to and from the airports both prior to and after the cruise.

I feel that the costs of my mothers flights should be refunded and the fact her whole holiday was thrown into turmoil that they should refund the cruise. I am also aware that these holiday companies ask fro receipts fro clothes etc, this is the thing that is annoying me more than anything as most of the receipts she has thrown away , as we all do with clothes ( I do anyway) and I feel that she may lose out because of this, can anyone offer me any advice.

I really feel that unless they make a reasonable offer that this will end up in court, anyone have any advice before I begin complaining.