• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

King Dongel Vs Halifax......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone...

This is my first post......a little nervous, but after spending the last 4 weeks reading through as many other posts as possible I don’t think I’m alone.

I sent off my SAR a few weeks ago to the Halifax, but I’m getting the impression they are going to drag there feet as much as possible - I was just wondering if anyone had any SAR reminder letters, or possibly a contact number to chase them up......

Can anyone recommend a good strong coffee to calm the nerves ? :smile:

Haliax

5th December - Sent S.A.R

5th January - Received Statements

6th January - Sent Prelim Letter for £1181.50

16th January - Reply recieved - we'll look into it

22nd January - Sent L.B.A

06th Feb - Inital offer of 647 - Refused

07th Feb - Full offer of £1181.50 - Accepted !

10th Feb - Money in my account ! YES

My Story....http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/55295-king-dongel-halifax.html

Haven't got a phone number but my statements were sent from

HBOS

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

Ken Patton

Data Protection Consultant

Perhaps you could track down the number via customer relations

08457 253519

Good Luck - I think its a good idea to give them a little reminder.

Doo - cheers for the responce, rang the friendly people at the Halifax only to be told they cant access my information as ive forgotton my pass number, despite reciting every direct debit and recent transaction they werent convinced. Advised to go into the branch direct and chase from there. Cant say i mind really, will pop in on friday and remind them they have 7 days before there in breach of the DPA - hopefully that should speed things up a little ?

How long were you waiting for ? Ive got a feeling mines going to be longer than 40 days...............

Haliax

My Story....http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/55295-king-dongel-halifax.html

Seems rather strange, unless you called the Internet Banking lot or something?

I usually call 01422 380880, their main switchboard, if I want anything - they'll always put me through to the correct department.

If you ask for the data controllers department then you should only need your roll number to enquire about progress of your SAR.

OR, ask for Ken Patton - he's the guy who signs all the letters they send out on the topic.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

kingdongel, my statements only took about 3 weeks, received first lot then a repeat batch on 22 December. I must admit though I had already done prelim letter and LBA by then and was due to file MCOL on 24th Dec, I had actually asked for a print-out of my charges in November, which I received within a few days so I worked off that, I only really sent off SAR so that I had laid a paper trail and done everything properly - after some good advice from hillards I rung them on 22 December and settled my charges with them (only £30 short) was happy with that - so am now waiting for money to hit my account. If my phone number was no good try the one hillards has left for you.

Doo / Hilliards - much appriciated.

By strange co-incidence I received a letter today from Ken Patton saying thanks for your request and duplicate statements are on the way. Good timing really. Interestingly enough, the letter mentions HBOS not being under any obligation to provide details of manual intervention, I didn't actually ask for this in my S.A.R, Im wondering if they even actually read the whole S.A.R letter or just mark it for the bog standard reply....

I've already got my prelim and LBA letters ready, so hopefully its only a matter of time now.

I think the total charges is going to come in at around £1K, do you think its worth calling after expiry of the LBA to try to negotiate settlement? from what I've read all I'm expecting is another standard - "we'll reply in 4 weeks - please read our leaflet"

Haliax

Letter you got sounds like standard one. Also I think it's worth ringing halifax just before you file court action, it worked for me - took the advice from hillards. Was due to file on 24th Dec but rung them on 22nd and agreed settlement with them for whole amount (all but £30) was happy with that and have received my money today.

Oh happy day....

Statements arrived this morning - so I've spent the last 1 hour adding up all those charges - a little more than what i was expecting £1142.50, still a lot of money though.

My prelim and LBA letters have been waiting for almost 2 weeks to be sent off so just have one question - does anyone know where the prelim letter should be sent ? I sent the S.A.R to my local branch but I'm assuming they would have forwarded this to Halifax / Leeds ?

Roll on 28 days !

Haliax

Hi - send all correspondence to the Trinity Road address as above - by recorded delivery. Have a look on my thread as I'm claiming against Halifax too. They have been really quick with responses to me -- it'll give you some idea as to how long it took me. Best wishes. jaxads.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Jaxads - Cheers for the response

I've actually been following your posts - congratulations on the win by the way, hoping I'm not going to be that far behind you.

I'm getting ahead of myself at the moment and trying to decide if I should accept a full offer of £1142.50 or go to court just for the sake of the extra £350ish.........

By the look of the other Halifax posts they seem to be making good offers if you call them just before your about to start action.....

Any thoughts on this ?

Haliax

Lastest Update....

Have just posted my prelim letter, made a slight error adding up my charges - came to £1181.50, looking forward to there standard reply and then sending off my LBA...The prelim should expire around the 22nd so I'm just going to count the days now........count the days and start working out now i calculate the daily interest hahahaha.

Haliax

Hi King Dongel --- keep counting down the days -- won't be long now - eeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Best wishes. jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hello All,

Well 6 days have passed since i posted my prelim letter and although it was sent 'signed for' delivery, as yet, no one has signed for it. I've just rung Royal Mail who state that although it was sent 1st Class, it can take upto 15 days to arrive.....ha ha ha 15 days...........

I cant help but think this could be a new delaying tactic ?? Has anyone else had a similar experience ?

Anyway, I was wondering if its ok to hand delivery the prelim to my local branch and ask for a receipt ? I've read a few posts of people taking in the S.A.R to the local branch but not the actual prelim letter - I would send another copy to Halifax head office, but i don't want to risk another letter getting 'delayed'.....

any suggestions ?

Haliax

Stick to your timetable King.

Recorded Delivery is a waste of time and money. All you are paying extra for is a signature when it is delivered, not that the letter will actually reach its destination. And now Royal Mail have the procedure where if they are delivering several recorded delivery items to one address, only one signature for the bundle is taken, not for each individual item. So if your letter is in a bunch of 20, you only have a 5% chance of your special number being the one that gets the signature.

All you have to do to satisfy the court (should you get inside one - ha!) is supply proof of posting. This is free at the post office counter and you just get a little receipt - job done!

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

Thanks for the replies people.....

Got my 'Sorry to hear your unhappy....' letter today which has cheered me up. Didge I think you were spot on with your point, the Royal Mail web site is still showing the item hasn't been signed for which is great considering thats what I paid a pound for ha ha ha.

Anyway, all is forgiven at least i know they recieved the letter, and I know Ive got another 7 days before i send my LBA........

counting the days...............

Haliax

Good Luck KD. I wont be contacting them before filing moneyclaim as I want all that luvverly interest but can understand if you want to get the money back quickly and hassle free of Court Proceedings. Please keep posting your progress

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

Hi JayneKul....

I don't think I'll be contacting them either, I'd rather get the interest aswell, I think its only fair......ha ha ha . From what I've read on other posts the MCOL seems strait forward. Im sure when I get round to doing it I'll be on here asking lots of questions though.....

Still counting the days till the LBA goes off......4 days - ROLL ON MONDAY !

Haliax

Alrighty then, the time has come to send off my LBA, its been sitting on my computer for the last 2 weeks just waiting for today.........I'm still trying to decide if i should call them when the LBA expires or if i should just go via the moneyclaim site so i can get the interest. Suppose I have another 2 weeks to think about it - Counting the days again........

Haliax

IMHO go straight to moneyclaim why let them have any longer?

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

Jaynekul - the LBA has only just gone off - so they've got 14 days. Im sure ill only get the standard 'we'll offer you a few pounds letter' but I've decided that on the 14th day Im going to file on the moneyclaim site - I want the interest as well - they've had my money for years, its only fair.

Haliax

I totally agree. There have been a lot of people who have rung when they get the "we are still trying to have you for as much as we can take a pittance" letter and got the full amount but if you can wait a few more weks and incur the issue fee it will be worth it

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Well the LBA 14 days are up today.......I had a dream last night that the bank had rung me and said they only owed me £200...what a nightmare.

Anyway woken up today by the postie with a letter from them offering me £647.00 ( a lot better than £200 ). Obviously I wont be accepting this but I was just wondering if Im ok to still file my claim today, the letter states if i wish to discuss the offer further to ring them - but Id rather file my claim and add on the interest as well....

Can I just send them the rejection of offer letter stating i have already filed ? would that be ok ?

Help

Haliax