BankFodder BankFodder

freds dad

Freds Dad vs Abbey

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4899 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all.

I have sent my initial letter to Abbey claiming both charges and interest. I received what appears to be a very standard letter saying that they are looking into my case and will probably get back to me within 4 weeks!!

Should I sit tight and wait or should I write back saying that that is too long a time scale?

I hope that I am asking this question in the correct place, if I am not, maybe somebody out there would be good enough to point me in the right direction.

In the meantime......Happy New Year to all.

First of all you need to have another read of the FAQs and related self help info it seems you have made an error already, you do not include any interest until you file a claim at court. I can only suggest that you send another letter stating your original total was incorrect and doesn't include interest, you then wait 14 days as stated in your letter, don't wait for them.

What letter did you use? Ours doesn't tell you to include any interest, please start a thread in the abbey forum and let us know what letter you used. Thanks. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Thanks for responding Cheddar. I used a letter template off 'Money Saving Expert' along with a 'Bank Charges Interest Calculator' on the same site. I have very limited time to research the best way to do this as I have an 18mth old boy and a 4 day old baby girl to entertain. I would appreciate any advice that you can offer but will not be able to respond until they have gone to bed tomorrow. Thanks again.