BT - time before disconnection?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three and a half weeks. Sounds about right.

Why, how much time do you want.

Normally it is not a complete disconnection, just restricted to incoming and emergency services, only. Complete disconnection comes a few weeks later.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I experienced similar a few months ago. Whilst I don't object to the timescale, I got no advance notice because I paid by direct debit. They restricted my service on a Saturday evening, and couldn't resolve matters until Monday morning. Whilst their reconnection charges are not high, I was concerned that they refused to give me a breakdown of their charges, despite 3 members of staff telling me they were a penalty charge,

Challenge the penalty. They can remove service and reprovide with a few keystrokes, and someone calculated the cost to be around £4.80. It doe help if you pay on time, but if it was the first time this happened, they are usually reasonable in making your first reconnection at no cost as a goodwill gesture.

You were lucky to get 3 and a half weeks. Mercury telecom restricted my line 3 days after a direct debit bounced without so much as a word from them. Then 2 weeks later they barred incoming calls as well. Again without word from them. Then added over £80 of penalty charges for an outstanding balance of £19.20 and are now taking me to court for £117.87 plus costs

Course I'm now trying to wipe the smile off their face by counterclaiming for breach of contract for failing to contact me prior to disconnection as they say in their welcoming letter and as as there was no provision for disconnection or penalty charges in the terms and conditions on their website on 23rd October 2006

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

hi

i used to work for bt (in business ) and it is unusual for them to cut you off or restrict services after 3 weeks youd normally get a reminder letter at that point

from a personel point i can understand how somone may find that cant pay and during my time away from work (after a bad car accident ) it was about 3 months before they restricted my line and about 6 before they cut me off

i my experience of working there its usually the newer smaller companies that take such action in such little time due to not being able to cope with payment being late

i hope this helps