• Tweets

• The sticky thread is locked because it's just a template thread. We need to see the invoice you're disputing. And for you to answer the questions below (I'm guessing this is an ANPR capture, the vast majority of tickets are) -   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement Give answer here   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Give answer here   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? Give answer here   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Give answer here   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Give answer here   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here   Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up both sides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY
    • Perfect, thanks Dave.   You're right, a whole dodo storm this has been. As sons of first-generation immigrant parents, whenever something like this happens the old man panics. There was a whole "appeal this now" because my dad paid for the parking as he was with the hirer at the time and he isn't as tech-savvy as my brother so he ended up doing what he did and because I don't live there anymore it came all the way down to this.  But yes, we'll do this SAR and see what comes of it.  Will keep posting here with the hopes that it may benefit someone in the future.  Thanks again, everyone. 
    • saying the thread is locked, what shall I do?
    • Please fill in the forum sticky and upload a copy of the invoice, redacted of anything that could identify you -  
    • first time to use this forum, so a bit clueless got a PCN from Horizon, saying that "exceeded ma stay period" any template for me to make appeal please?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

People vs LLOYDS TSB

Redmountie999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

After a few weeks of researching the forum I decided to try my luck at getting back my money from the bank.

Here is where i'm at so far!!!!!!

1. Data Protection Request sent - 20/09/2006

2. Reply from Lloyds asking for standard £10 fee. ( found out total charges via online banking and thus saved £10 initial payout for this charge)

3. Prelim Letter Sent - 14/12/2006

4. No Reply within 14 day period - 28/12/2006

5. LBA sent - 28/12/2006

Guys is it normal to not get a reply????

I know i'm sending the letters using the correct templates. My only concern is that i've been sending them to my local branch. I do not know of any other Lloyds correspondence address to send them to.

I made a mistake of not sending the first letter recorded delivery but I sent the LBA via recorded delivery. I've checked the tracking with the Royal Mail and I know this was received on 29/12/2006.

I'm waiting on a reply or non reply re the LBA before I start to fill out my N1 Particulars of Calim form.

Any suggestions as to why no reply?? Where to send further letters???

I know that the N1 needs to be sent recorded delivery to their registered office.

Guest NATTIE

This is you in control. No reply after 14 days from the LBA and you do what you have said....SUE THEM. The second letter is quite clear as to what you intend. They still have til Jan 9th I believe to respond so use that time to read around the site in preparation.

I'm not quite sure that i'm sending the letters to the write people. So far up until now i've been sending all my letters to my local branch manager. Any suggestions r welcome please??????

Also when i'm totaliing up my claim on the N1 do I need to include the courts fee in that figure?????? If I do then I will have to pay court fees of £120. If I don't then I only need pay £80. My claim is borderline on both court charges.

Received a letter from Lloyds Tsb today in relation to my LBA.

Dear Mr A N Another

Thank you gor getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Line any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough in their accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work - and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it's fair to charge for this service.

Of course it's noly fair too, that we're completely open about any charged-for services before you take them up. That's why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges. You can also get up-to-date details about fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, through our helpline and on our website.

Just as importantly, we do everything we can to help our customers aviod these charges altogether. i'm sure you'll know how easy it is to keep a running check on how much is in your account. You're free to get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, on line and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over the limit we've agreed, you're welcome to see if we can raise it - and we can usually give you an answer straight away. Again we can do that for you by phone, on line or at any of our branches.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I can't agree to cancel your charges.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. If we cannot come to an agreed solution after this I will help you refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for independent advice.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need to reply to my letter. If I have not heard back from you by 24/02/2007, I will close my file, though I will be happy to reopen it should you come back at any point after wards.

Please give me a call if it would help to talk through anything in my letter.

Yours Sincerely

Debbie Gilbert

Team Manager

Customer Service Recovery Centre Andover

Well guy's any suggestions as to the next step? Is this the normal crappy letter that the send out to all who make a stand. I'm keen to reply back with the next stage if you can help.

Hi there Red

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your claim.

Yes this is the normal crappy letter I'm afraid.

Best to get started down the court route by following the advice and templates on here.

Go for it with gusto! ;)

Best wishes

Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Have just filled out N1 for.

Need a little guidance please folks.

If I'm claiming back £964.73 do I need to pay an £80 fee. I've added this £964.73 fee to the court costs of £120 which gives me a total figure of £1084.73. But becasuee the total excluding the court costs comes to less than a £100 does this mean I only need claim back £80 ???????

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("471195") report.gif

Have just filled out N1 for.

Need a little guidance please folks.

If I'm claiming back £964.73 do I need to pay an £80 fee. I've added this £964.73 fee to the court costs of £120 which gives me a total figure of £1084.73. But becasuee the total excluding the court costs comes to less than a £100 does this mean I only need claim back £80 ???????

Moderated .. moved from another users thread

user_online.gifreputation.gif vbrep_register("471195") report.gif

Redmountie can you please reread your above post and post it again in an inteligible form .I could guess what you mean but taking on a large organisation shouldn't be guess work

You have also posted this on a number of other peoples threads , I will delete all the duplicate posts .Can I please ask you to ask any questions you have on your own thread and not hi jack other peoples threads or make duplicate posts across the site, thanks :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Okay guys tommorrw monring i'm off to my local county court to hand in my N1 - POC against Lloyds Tsb. I'm nervous for some strange reason. I'm sure it's because i'm not used to taking on banks and financial institutions. I'll let you know if it goes smoothly and when I get an acknowledgement.

Red

Hiya Red

Try not to be nervous! I know how you feel because I felt the same, but I found the Court staff so helpful and friendly when we got there to hand in our N1. :)

I asked the Clerk who dealt with us on arrival whether the court had had many claims against Lloyds and it sort of broke the ice, as she said they definitely had (with a wry smile on her face) and that all had settled, even though with some it had been very very last minute!

I had imagined beforehand that it would all be very formal at court and the staff would be a bit stuffy - but this was definitely NOT the case Red. They were very very approachable, and any queries about submission of paperwork into court we've had throughout our case they have been more than happy to help us with!

I'll be following your progress and wish you well.

Spiritgirl x;)

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Data Protection Request sent - 20/09/2006

2. Reply from Lloyds asking for standard £10 fee. ( found out total charges via online banking and thus saved £10 initial payout for this charge)

3. Prelim Letter Sent - 14/12/2006

4. No Reply within 14 day period - 28/12/2006

5. LBA sent - 28/12/2006

Quick update guys this is where i'm at now.

6. No Reply within 14 day period - 12/01/2007

7. N1 - poc handed to court - 15/01/2007

8. Lloyds Ackowledgement of Service - 24/01/2007

I guess thay have until the 14/02/2007 and will then no doubt enter a defence.

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned the county court yesterday to enquire if lloyds have filed a defence. The court clerk advised me that they had in fact received a defence from lloyds on 30/01/2007. They then proceeded to tell me that they had received a directive from the circuit senior judge directing them to allocate all cases involving bank charges to the main court in Cardiff.

They have also stated that my case is going to be heard with all the other's towards the end of March and that they are going to be multi tracked at the decision of the judge.

Can someone put all this into plain English ( or welsh will do ) for me. When do I get to know what lloyds' defence is and what do I do next. Jjust sit back and wait for the case to be listed in court? Don't really know.

Hiya Red

Just a couple of personal observations here...

I wonder, on reading your last post, whether the Circuit Senior Judge has decided on this course of action as the courts are rapidly becoming fed up of the time being wasted by banks in general with all these cases, and who can blame them really? When you think that banks are settling out of court, often at the very last minute, the courts must be fed up of all the wasted paperwork and general wasted valuable time of their court staff.

I'm sure someone more in the know on here will be able to advise you re getting hold of a copy of the Defence your bank have submitted. If it was me (and this is just a personal opinion, not necessarily the official procedure) I would phone or call into the court and ask them for a copy of the bank's Defence. If the staff are anything like as obliging as my county court I am sure they will give you a copy no problem. However, there may be an official procedure for getting one Red - so again this is just my own opinion.

Best wishes

Spiritgirl :)

Ok,

So today I received an N24 General Form of Judgement or Order from the local court. It states that

Upon reading the Claimant's claim

Ex Parte

IT IS ORDERED THAT the claim be transferred to the Cardiff County Court.

Dated 31 January 2007.

I also received an N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings form in the same envelope. The form states

To all parties...

A defence has been filed, the claim has been transferred to the Cardiff County court, Cardiff civil Justice Centre, 2 Park Street, CF10 1ET.

Is this all normal? I've tried to ring both courts to find out why this is exactly happening and no one can seem to tell me why the order and directive has been made. I'm concerned at the amount of time that this will now take for my bank charges to be refunded. It appears to give Lloyds more time to prepare and it seems like they have the upper hand.

Anyone else had any similiar experiences they can share with me.

Hi

It seems this is standard for quite a few of the South Wales claims, if you do a search on here for Cardiff, you will see several other cases the same.

Good luck with your claim!:)

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Responding to this posted elsewhere:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/56933-tjc-ltsb-2.html#post569798

No full court bundle is usually necessary for a preliminary hearing, but sometimes judges ask for documentation to encourage the matter to settle. Sometimes not essential to be there in person neither.

Can you post up (in full) the order from the court please relating to the prelim hearing. In any event the first part of this link is useful regarding preparing for and attending the hearing:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok,

So today I received an N24 General Form of Judgement or Order from the local court. It states that

Upon reading the Claimant's claim

Ex Parte

IT IS ORDERED THAT the claim be transferred to the Cardiff County Court.

Dated 31 January 2007.

I also received an N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings form in the same envelope. The form states

To all parties...

A defence has been filed, the claim has been transferred to the Cardiff County court, Cardiff civil Justice Centre, 2 Park Street, CF10 1ET.

Is this all normal? I've tried to ring both courts to find out why this is exactly happening and no one can seem to tell me why the order and directive has been made. I'm concerned at the amount of time that this will now take for my bank charges to be refunded. It appears to give Lloyds more time to prepare and it seems like they have the upper hand.

Anyone else had any similiar experiences they can share with me.

I also had an order transfering my claim from my local(ish) county court to cardiff. Bit annoying really as its turned it into a 170mile round trip.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry I have'nt replied any sooner, been busy with work and 2 different court claims.

Well the good news is that I have won both of them.

Lloyds have now coughed up £1084.73 in unlawful charges and court costs.

Any Mods could you please move thread to success thread section.

Thank you to ALL who helped me during this process. This was the first of three successful claims and it guided me in the right direction. Thank you once again.