BankFodder BankFodder

wotnext

Reclaiming charges from catalogue accounts?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4898 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can you reclaim charges levied on any accounts you had with catalogues?

And on a similar subject - I had an account with Next. Their charges sent my account deficit through the roof. Then they took it to court and now I have a CCJ against my name. Can I reclaim the charges for this even though they have already taken me to court?

Advice welcome!

Yes. It works in the same way as for banks

Thank you. I'll add them to my ever-increasing list then. ;):D

Good luck and keep us posted.

One more thing, if the charges you are claiming back are more than the debt then there was no debt to take you to court in the first place. You can then look at claiming the court charges back and compensation and having the judgement removed.

Can you reclaim charges levied on any accounts you had with catalogues?

And on a similar subject - I had an account with Next. Their charges sent my account deficit through the roof. Then they took it to court and now I have a CCJ against my name. Can I reclaim the charges for this even though they have already taken me to court?

Advice welcome!

You could explore having the judgment set aside

Hello there :)

I had several charges made on my account by 'Studio'. This is the letter I sent: I used the same advise as given for claiming back bank charges -

dear 'Studio',

Regarding my recent statement which shows my account has had a further charge of £20.00 made against it.Please bear in mind that my payment due to you has already been made and this was only for an amount of £10.00.

It has come to my notice that the 'administration' charges you have applied to my account are unlawful under consumer legislation, statute and common law. PLease note that the Office of Fair Trading has confirmed that these types of charges are automatically deemed unfair.

If for some reason you believe this not to be the case, please provide a complete breakdown of your costs.

I respectfully request that you remove the admin charges etc etc

Your faithfully etc

I enclosed details of charges which added up to £100.00 over a three year period and gave them 14 days to reply to my satisfaction or I would take further action.

Within a week I received the following letter:

Dear xxxxxxx

IN LIGHT OF THE RECENTOFFICE OF FAIRTRADING INVESTIGATION INTO THE BANKING SECTOR WE ARE CURRENTLY REVIEWING OUR ADMINISTRATION CHARGES. ONCE THIS REVIEW PROCESS IS COMPLETE ANY NEW INFORMATION WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO OUR CUSTOMERS VIA NEW POLICY DOCUMENTATION.

DETAILS OF OUR CURRENT TRADING TERMS ARE ALWAYS PRINTED IN THE CATALOGUES. HOWEVER NOT WITHSTANDING THIS,WITHOUT PREJUDICE AND AS A GESTURE OF GOODWILL I HAVE REIMBURSED ALL ADMINSTRATION CHARGES AS REQUESTED.

YOURS ETC ETC...

:D I believe that Studio are part of a much wider concern including better known companies so this action would apply to them aswell. ( they charge £20.00 a time)

Soldier Girl x

:rolleyes: