BankFodder BankFodder

clairedd

clairedd v Cooperative bank

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4832 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have followed the tips and advice on here and trying to claim back £934 of charges on my personal bank account over two years. I know I can go further but I my financial situation was better before this time.

I have sent the first letter claiming I want my charges refunded. I have given them a set time in a letter sent via recorded delivery to the HQ.

I know I will receive the letter saying 'we are in a right mind to charge this' but I am determined to get this money back. It has brought me to tears when I was a penny overdrawn and then they charge me for everyday I am in this state. Its absolutely disgusting.. I am closing my account with them once its settled. AND it will!!!

Guest ian cognito

Yes it will Clare, Co-op appear to be one of the most reasonable about repayment of charges.

Good luck with it.

Jut to let you know.. the damn Coop have ignored my letter and are taking the mick... shall I sent them a LBA??

when did you post the very 1st letter?

TBH as it was xmas/new year? time,

might a few days have been lost due to no workers?

might be an idea to wait or maybe call them?

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Hi,

I got the letter back from the bank saying they will be looking into this in the next 7 days. They apologised and said they would look into it!

Shall I still send the next letter as its gone past the day I gave them as a warning?

Guest ian cognito

Yes Claire, keep at 'em!

Thats a standard reply but at least they probably are looking at it!

Hey, I got that letter, eight days laterI had all my money paid back into my account - before I'd even sent an LBA.

Co-op may have taken your money, but they are certainly one of the best to claim it back from!

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

Sent off my LBA yesterday and for some strange reason I have received three letters with the procedure for making a complaint with the bank.

Has anyone else had this? They promised me that someone would be in touch within a week and this has not happened. I highlighted this to them in my LBA letter.

Come 7 days and I shall be claiming small courts action.

the letter the bank sends out is what they call a holding letter. that they know you have written into them, but currently do't have an answer nd will let ou know in 7 days. if they then cannot meet this, then they will send another holding letter saying another 7 days.

under the fsa guidelines, they can do this for upto 8 weeks, but if you go by the sites timetable, stick with it.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

Defence Filed, Waiting For Court Date

HSBC

LBA Sent 15-05-07, Still No Reply

Barclays

LBA Received 14-05-07, 2nd Holding Letter Sent To Me Stating Should Have Answer By 09-07-07