• Tweets

• OK, thanks, I won't wait for them. On a side note, some of the posts on here are a bit frustrating, I read through five pages or so of someone going through the court process rooting for them as I'm reading, then nothing, not heard of again. Left here wondering what the outcome was, lol!
    • Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because there was still £69 owing, I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle. However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account ......... has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
    • Noted. Keep an eye on the other threads here including the update a few hours back by Rob Carr.
    • dont need statements. nor std info sheets. EVERTHING else  dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ds V Barclaycard Litigation In Progress*won*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doo, just for you! this is copied from para 3 is on my thread 17 above, what is in red was my questions at the time. Garyh one of the site helpers helped me with the preparation of the bundles and what was needed from my side. Without his help I could not have done it. I must tell you I had two lots of bundles to do, and the Judges direction/Order, only gave me 3 days to get filed in court for my GM card and 7 days for Barclays, I almost had a neverous breakdown, Barclays took a lot of photocopying as there were a lot of statements and everything has to be done 3 times.

Well, I am going to write again by fax to to Adrian St John, in the Litigation following my earlier email and tell him that I now have the judgement in my hand and ask him to deal with it by return, or I may want to inform the press!!

Enjoy,

DS

3. Subject to the Claimant complying with paragraph 2, the defendant do by 4pm on 23rd March 2007 clarify the defence by filing in court and serving on the defendant ( I think the courts have made a phopar should be the claimant, should I bring this to the courts attention) the following information.

a)pursuant to what contractual provision each charge identified in paragraph 2 was made. What does this mean!!

b)whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty and if not why not.

c) If such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the defendants loss incurred by the claimants actions (whether or not such actions (whether or not such action is treated as a breach of contract between the parties)all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such was a proper estimate of such loss and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealingwith the matter was.

e)if such charge is not alleged to be a pre-estimate of the defendants loss incurred by the claimants actions the facts and matters relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be aduced at trial to show that the charge was fair and reasonable.

f) the statements of any witnesses whose evidence is to be relied upon at the hearing.

g)copies of any decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon

and if the defendant fails to comply with this order the defence will stand struck out without further order and judgement be entered for the claimant for the sum claimed.

4.Any party affected by this order may apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed provided such application is made to the court in writing no more than seven days after the date on which this order was served on that party. Do I need to anything here!!

5. The court is of the view that this matter ought to be settled by sensible negotiation or mediation and will take into account that the failure of either party to follow such a course when dealing with the question of costs. Is this normal!!

How does this fair with other courts and has the Judge covered everything!

Your help in this matter would be as usual very much appreciated.

In any event I will call Barclaycard in about 7/10 days time as I have read on other threads that this is the suggestion to ask them to a settlement to avoid costs and the valuable court time.

I like para 3 - I am sure I will need some help later on, have just finished my letter to cap one and I will post it on my thread once they have received it. I will read it in more detail later, I have to go over these things a few times I am afraid - dog wants walking. I am hoping this sort of thing will keep cap one out of the court room but if I do get that far you can be sure I will be wanting a breakdown of their charges. I may need to enlist the help of Garyh, we do not see him in the cap one forum - maybe he will pay a visit :D . Cap one have until 4th to defend.

Doo, you probably wont get that far with Cap One, they normally pay out a few days after they put in the defence and then put the money into your account, asuming you still have a live account. My claim with Cap One was so easy, that is why I freaked when I got the Judges Orders to follow, I did not know what hit me. But it was all good in the end and Gary certainly knows what he is talking about. Some courts are not now sending out AQ's, but I do not think you will have any problems with Cap One unless they have changed their tact since December/January.

DS

Well what they have done is said they will pay charges, 8%, all purchase interest paid on the account and my court fee, they have cleared the balance on my card and have stated they have sent me a cheque. They have said they will not pay the contractual and they have written to the court to let them know, presumably this is their defence. The claim is short of £1,000, now I would have accepted charges before court action but they have had since 1st February to re-pay me and I have claimed CCI from my prelim, they have paid out 3 claims this week contractual but I know mine is for more money. I have written a letter and will post Monday basically saying no-deal and that now it is for the judge to decide the interest they pay - they had their chance. I have asked them to take the money back off the card and that I will send the cheque back to them, I have not accepted this and not signed either. Do you think I am mad :) - they have not put their defence in yet as I checked with the court on Friday and she told me to check early next week and if they have not received one to get my judgement in a day early so they have it for the 4th. What do you think, will they take me all the way or will they back down?

Doo, they always do this, but they will settle. I claimed the rate of interest they charged me whatever that was and they paid all of it Contractual rate on a simple interest term

DS

ps have you sent the rejection letter and accepted on a partial settlement!

No I haven't accepted any of it, have just rejected it - have written a 3 pager and will post it up once they have received it. Did not want to accept any and just go to court to sort out interest - want my claim to stay intact but not sure they will remove the funds from my card now, I have insisted but we will see. Letter goes Monday so they should have it by Tuesday. My claim now amounts to just £3,000 and I reckon that may be the reason, have been trawling the threads to find some payouts around that figure, do you remember any?

Thats why I was so interested in your para 3 on the breakdown of the charges, am obviously trying to make a big point of this.

Following an email I sent Barclays on Friday evening, I had a very positive response this morning. The letter confirming that they will pay me in full including my time in preparing the bundles and contractual rate of interest (simple terms) + court costs they are drawing a cheque for the sum of £2105.47.

I told them that I wont be telling the court that I have settled until I receive the chq and it is banked. It may not come in time to be cleared by Monday next week, when the court date is set, and I did not tell him I already received the notification from the court that they have already given the judgement so all I can do is tell the court that they have agreed settlement and ask that they delay the hearing to give a chance for the chq to arrive and clear. Barclays tell me it takes at least 3 days to get a chq drawn, how bad is that. They really do not care about whether they have a judgement against them or not. Lets see the cheque arrive first, before we say anymore!

DS

Following my conversation with the litigation department today, agreeing my claim, the gentleman did tell me that they will before long bring a test case and all the cases will be put on hold untill after the hearing. He said they are just waiting on the right claim and of course taking Barristers opinions as we talk. But at the moment they will carry on settling claims as they get closer to the hearing date.

DS

No I think he was trying to put a frightener out. But who knows what is really in their mind. I can only repeat what he told me! Who knows what he means by the right claim!

DS

Hi all,

The cheque has now been received and banked so my claim is now well and truely settled in full. It includes 9 hrs at £9.25 for preparation of the bundles and the return of the court fees, all my charges and interest at contractual rate.

I have therefore advised the court that I am vacating the hearing tomorrow. I have done the survey and donation has also been done.

All I need to do now is have this thread moved to settled.

Good luck with all your claims and for all the help given on my thread.

Regards

DS

Well done! nice one.....

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

Following my conversation with the litigation department today, agreeing my claim, the gentleman did tell me that they will before long bring a test case and all the cases will be put on hold untill after the hearing. He said they are just waiting on the right claim and of course taking Barristers opinions as we talk. But at the moment they will carry on settling claims as they get closer to the hearing date.

DS

Funny, they said the same thing 1 year ago. We had someone who knew someone who knew Keith Jeremiah, and it got reported to us that from now on, they were taking EVERY case to court... Well, see what happened??? :D

Lively Lad, The Survey and donation has already been done.

Bookworm, Who is Keith Jeremiah! But in honesty the chap at Barclays was extremely helpfull and hopefully will conclude my hubbys claim with Barclaycard tomorrow, to save him doing his bundle for court as he has just got a court date for August. He has given me a direct telephone line and if anyone wants a good contact in the litigation department please ask them to PM me and I will give the details. He did agree unofficially that they were never going to prepare to go to court.

Thankyou everyone for your support and good wishes.

DS

DS

I reckon it will be my O/H!!!! :D

milly XX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

No, it won't be, unless it goes to a Mercantile Court. there was 77 cases listed at Leeds Mercantile Court a few weeks ago, before they even got to court at least half were settled, all but 4 cases have now been settled which was just prior to the directions hearings and because there were some minor points to sort out, at least 3 cases will be settled before the next hearing and the case which is suspect at present is Citibank, they seem to be sticking to their guns! but I am sure they will cave in on or before the hearing. The Judge their has told the banks that he will make a test case if they fail to settle prior to hearing. My source at Barclays, told me what happened at Leeds and he was the one who told me about their preparation for a test case. It is in my honest opinion only that it is just big talk. The Banks have had ample opportunity to bring about a test case and none of them dare to go down this route! why do you think they will not give their breakdown of charges as they know it will cause even a bigger influx of people claiming back, or even the Judge may direct them to pay back the difference to ALL customers between their actual costs and what they have charged. I am sure they would prefer to deal with each claim as it comes along and hope that we will forget about it and it will go away.

Keep going with your O/H claim and don't forget we are all here to support you!

Hope your car will soon be better! I am looking for a car at present and really do not know what to get. I wanted a Smart Car but my son and O/H told me that it was inpractical. So it's back to the drawing board.

All the best

Dsxxx

• 4 weeks later...

SETTLED, SETTLED, SETTLED..........................

The good news is that BARCLAYS have today sent a cheque in FULL payment of the claim. The court date was scheduled for August, but after I spoke to a nice guy in the litigation section ( he has since left) when they dealt with settlement of my claim they agreed to pay my hubbys claim earlier They also confirmed at that time they would not be attending court or doing any bundles. From the time they agreed to pay and they eventually sent the settlement letter it has taken 3 weeks to raise a cheque. Well the day came and as soon as the cheque clears a donation will be on it's way.

With special thanks to Tanz and Garyh for your help/

DS