APR's on Credit Cards?

Donel261
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is probably going to sound really daft but how do APR's work on cards?

If for example you spent £100 on your card, and your APR was 19.90% would you have to pay £19.90 in interest on that one month alone? :?:

No, an APR is the annual percentage rate and can be used to compare one product with another on a like for like basis. If you borrowed £100 then the interest over a year would be £19.90. Your credit card usually quotes the monthly rate on your statement.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

• 3 weeks later...

Further info some credit cards play it a little crafitly when they change the interest rate. MBNA sent me a letter mentioning only the monthly interest. It's easy enough to convert but I don't see what that sort of info shouldn't be communicated clearly.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

When they quote the Monthly interest rate it of course does not look that high, until you calculate the APR and see the real Rate.

It is a sneaky way of doing it of course.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.