BankFodder BankFodder

hells6

woodgate vs barclays

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4843 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

very new to the site so if i annoy anyone sorry, had a read of all the step by step stuff and the FAQs but still got some Q's

i originally set out to claim from watching a BBC money prog and used their template letter. i wrote to barclays and got all my statements. total charges came to £1335 so put ll this in the BBc letter an sent it off

got a lette outlining the compalint process, saying it could take 8 weeks, but 4 days later i got a letter offering £700 as full and final settlement. in the orig letter i didnt inc a schedule of charges and didnt mention interest.

have i messed up my claim already? or should i inc a scheduleof charges in my decline letter?

:mad: barclays: £1335 without interest

Hi Hells6.

I'm afraid that the BBC have never read the FAQs or the step by step guide. That's why we get so many new users with problems.

The bank's response is standard stuff.

If you want to claim the interest then you will need to download the spreadsheed template from the templates library and enter all your charges into the spreadsheet. When you've done that, save it onto your PC because you'll need it again. Print off a copy of the spreadsheet and enclose it with your letter as a schedule of charges.

Send the letter before action LBA which is a final request for repayment, giving them 14 days to respond after which you will start a claim in the county courts without further notice.

Click on this link for LBA...

If no response after 14 days then either MCOL (Moneyclaim on line) or form N.1 direct to your local county court.

Keep to your own timetable and don't let the bank try to intimidate or delay you.

Post any questions and progress reports in this thread.

Good luck with your claim.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

brilliant, thanks for your reply. ive read all the courts info so far but im sure i will run into problems and need your advice.

Some people in their threads mention that they call the bank, is this worthwhle. the the partial offer letter i received it gives a telephone number to call to discuss the matter and the letter is apparently from a gaynor mills - customer relations manager.

you only need to call the bank when you get a court date as they are more likely to pay up when they know you will go all the way.

unless you want to accept their offer.

i,m going all the way.

good luck.

thats good advice, goodluck to you too!

very new to the site so if i annoy anyone sorry, had a read of all the step by step stuff and the FAQs but still got some Q's

i originally set out to claim from watching a BBC money prog and used their template letter. i wrote to barclays and got all my statements. total charges came to £1335 so put ll this in the BBc letter an sent it off

got a lette outlining the compalint process, saying it could take 8 weeks, but 4 days later i got a letter offering £700 as full and final settlement. in the orig letter i didnt inc a schedule of charges and didnt mention interest.

have i messed up my claim already? or should i inc a scheduleof charges in my decline letter?

Hi hells6,

The Rooster is right. That is the same amount they first offered me and your charges total is £20 more than mine was. Have a look at my thread from the successes forum. Heres the link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/44145-tanzarelli-barclays.html

Also if you want to ask question feel free. I'd be happy to help.

Tanz

thanks for the support, as advised im going to sed off a lba (asper the librarys template) tomorrow. do you think it is advisable to inc in the letter that i would also be claiming interest as well as my court costs should they not make the full offer,forcing me to proceed to county court?

There's no need. They know what to expect. Just edit the letter to fit your own circumstance.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman