• Tweets

• Talking in general terms (especially as I don;t know the details of the type of murmur they've found, nor do I need to know to explain about the lack of correlation between ECG and murmur!)   Murmurs are related to flow (uneven / turbulent flow -> noise made). Many are innocent and get found incidentally.   Echo-cardiography looks at flow, (using ultrasound and the 'doppler effect') so they'll (hopefully!) 'see' why there is a murmur (I say 'see', but the device 'hears' but converts that into a false colour picture, red and blue, of the flows).   ECG's (electro- rather than echo-cardiography) instead looks at the electrical signal associated with making the heart pump.   Someone can have an abnormal ECG with no murmur (the electrical signal is disordered, but the flow itself isn't turbulent enough to give even a slight murmur). There are LOTS of people walking around with AF (atrial fibrillation, a very common ECG abnormality) and no discernible murmur.   Someone can have a murmur (abnormal flow, indicative of a problem, or 'innocent' and merely an incidental finding), but a normal ECG. So, never having anything picked up on an ECG doesn't rule in or rule out a murmur.   (For sake of completeness, and not suggesting this is the situation in your case!), a structural problem giving rise to a murmur can be significant enough to affect the electrical conduction, so a murmur and an abnormal ECG can be related. Equally, just because someone has a murmur and if they also have an abnormal ECG doesn't mean they are related ...... the ECG abnormality (or the murmur!) could have been there first, and they aren't related.   So, one might influence the other, but it is nowhere close to being 'causal link'.   So, expect an ECG (if you haven't had one recently) and the echo-cardiography - almost always a 'trans-thoracic echo' (TTE) to start. Trans-thoracic: they look (using the ultrasound head) from the outside of your chest ; like an ultrasound in pregnancy, except from the chest rather than belly!   This gives a good enough view much of the time. Only if they don't get a good enough view (or for some specific conditions where the TTE doesn't give enough detail to rule them in or out) do they then need to consider a trans-oesophageal echo (TOE) - most of the time (for a murmur discovered incidentally, and not found when looking for a specific problem) the TTE is good enough.   You may get your answer the same day, or they might want the tapes of the echo reviewed by a cardiologist ; not getting your answer the same day doesn't mean there is a problem.  
    • I need to start off by saying that although I do understand that you have had lots of difficulties this year, if you want to deal with this then you are going to start having to be on the ball, responding quickly and putting an end to these delays. Once again, I do understand from looking at this thread that you have had some difficult personal issues but I'm afraid now is the time to start taking control – and you will feel much better if you do that. This is gone on quite a long time so let's just confirm: You have got evidence in terms of a bank statement that you made the payment – correct? You have sent an SAR and they have simply returned the standard data – correct? On the basis that the SAR should contain everything about your dealings with Uber and details of your account, please can you give us a list of the things which you think are missing. If you took them to court for a data protection breach, would you be able to prove that their data disclosure to you is incomplete? Also, it's been far longer than 30 days since your last visit here. Did they supply the disclosure within the 30 day limit?
    • Well speaking with Morrisons last year, they essentially said all CCTV and transaction data is only kept for a month. On finding out that the PPC owned the CCTV, I thought it would be a good point if going to court that they will obviously have footage of me purchasing a ticket then displaying it in my car.   My worry is that they have deleted their footage, but I could also use this as a point, if you were attempting to prove someone didn't purchase a ticket surely they should have retained that footage to show wrongdoing.   At the moment I need to know if I should write to the carpark, requesting the footage of the day, under ICO guidelines. It's just going to a problem if they revert to a 'we only hold our CCTV footage on file for 1 month' response.   Thanks 
    • That would be the altruistic thing to do, but I haven't seen anything about it, HT.
    • Hi. Yes they took it from the drive ive spoke to the logbook company this morning the want £1000 to release the car and £300 set up on a payment plan i asked why it was now £1300 they said £300 recovery charges and £200 admin fee  this was applied in may ive got 6 emails/txts asking for them to take payment since them and they said there was nothing they could do as they had already  passed it over to recovery i told them could have advised me they also said a dn was sent in december 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

This is a self-help forum, so you must be prepared to do some of the donkey work yourself.

This site is huge and contains shed-loads of information on most aspects of financial subjects, all sitting there, waiting in anticipation for you to find it.

It can seem a bit daunting when you first start, but the more you learn the easier and more enjoyable your claim will be.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....