HSBC (Holy Son of a Bank Charge)

babyfactoryxxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if your claim is over £1500 it will cost you another £100 to file the aq. you will get this back though when you win. don't worry.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

here's the info of filling out the aq:

aq info:

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

this is your step by step completion guide -and here is:New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

and here is how to use it:

for section g of the n149 (section h on the n150), use the wording in blue on post #3 of new strategy link, and then attach draft order for directions - use wording on post #2 of new strategy link(the bit in blue) making sure to add your name and court claim number to all pages. simple as that. just follow the steps with these two minor additions. the draft order is just asking the judge to order both parties to lay out their wares within 14 days of him ordering it - so it shortens the length of the time to a court date - and as dg/hsbc/all banks don't want to do it - they will pay up by offer or just not file their aq in which case you also win.

on, the other front - of this two pronged thing - have you sent dg a breakdown of your charges - it is advisable to do that, as they always ask for one before they offer anything - so it saves a couple of days.

and unless your claim is for under 1500 and wouldn't incur the filing fee of 100, i suggest leaving it until the aq is nearly due before filing it - as dg have been coming in with offers just before the due date in several cases.

so, that's the aq info: and be sure if you file it - to add the 100 to your claim.

now, looking back over your posts, i can't see where you sent dg a copy of your breakdown at any point - don't assume because you sent it to the bank and to the court - that dg have it - they probably do - but they never offer an offer without first asking for the breakdown. i'm thinking - did you ever send them one? i'm going to suggest you hold off on the aq filing until 20 april - that's two weeks to light a fire under dg - if you don't file - by the way - they will kick out your claim - so don't miss that deadline.

let's do this - let's send a letter to dg:

tweak it depending on whether you have or have not given them - dg specifically - a copy of your breakdown.

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Re: XXXXX - v - HSBC

account no,

claim no and filing date.

I understand from the courts that you have now filed a defence in this case. Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to this claim.

I would remind you that should I be required to file an Allocation Questionaire, I will then require the addition of that fee to my claim.

I am mindful of the vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing. In order to more speedily resolve this matter, I am willing to accept the sum of £xxxx. (This sum represents £17XX charges and 8% interest, £120 court filing fee plus daily interest from the date of filing XX/XX/XX at xxp/day = £xx.xx as of today's date) I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their further intervention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

As for the total to put in there - did you ask for daily rate of interest?

if so, i'd put yourtotal then (charges and 8% interest, court filing fee + .xx

per day from the court filing date xx/xx/xx - which to date would add: £xx.xx Total claimed XXXX.00) make that total equal the total in the sentence before it - see i'm trying to itemise and give them a total.

Yours has really dragged on - so emphasize that filing date to them.

I don't know why it has dragged out - but now they've filed their defence - let's see if you can't get an offer out of them before the aq is due.

what do your think?

i'd also ring them about 3 days after you post it asking if they received your letter and breakdown....(send it recorded delivery then you know they have but ring anyway)

You really don't need to worry baby. The chances of your even getting a day in court in front of a judge are very slim and even if that happened then I am sure you would win. Keep plugging away and it will all come good soon. :)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I love this site, everyone is willing to help others out both with advice and support!! Now lets see, AQ due in on Monday 23rd April-filed yesterday (20th April) along with new strategy for AQ stuff (don't understand the legal stuff in it but what the hell!!) saved a copy for me-sent a copy to DG, both the court and DG got a copy of my schedule of charges (AGAIN!), just waiting again now.. the only thing I'm worried about is if it gets to court and then I might have to start looking round for a solicitor to help out (HSBC would be paying for that as well don't worry!).

To be honest, I don't know why this has dragged out so long either, going on Hol in a couple of weeks (with some of the money from RBS-ha ha ha!) but hope it gets sorted shortly after I come back at least!

ha ha ha! I know, might get my post edited for that one!! how funny would that be with all you lot in court as well! It'll be Sheffield combined courts then and i'll let you know of the date.... then we can all go for a big party after with my money-how's that for a donation??? ; )