• Tweets

• Forgive my ignorance but I assume take out dates would be when next payment is usually due? Jacamo is the 10th of each month Vanquis is usually the 6th or 7th of each month
    • Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC (Holy Son of a Bank Charge)

babyfactoryxxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there, SAR sent on 11th November, letter back (including my cheque back for £10) and statements within 2 weeks, request for charges £1634 sent on 8th Dec, no reply, LBA sent 29th Dec, just waiting for reply they have until 12th jan otherwise have already printed 3 copies of N1 with all my info on inc £120 court costs, interest at £0.35 per day etc but have no idea where to send it!! any help after this point would be much appreciated! thanks

thanks guys, will take it myself, the post just seems such a long way round! and yeah i wanted to have a look round anyway!! i'm looking forward to my money back.. they've both had it for too long (RBoS-Right Bag of[edit]as well) (quick question, would you both mind having a look at my thread on RBS bit as well as there's a bit about court costs for Data protection and the process for this?? after 40 days has exp.) cheers

ha ha ha!!! I had 2 boys a year apart, not expecting any more anytime soon but yeah the quote is quite fitting!! lateralus, are u trying to say I've put on weight... (you could say I've lost a few pounds since being with HSBC!!)

oh, such wit! i'm going to like you - i'd look at your thread but probably wouldn't understand it - they will. my forte is the bog standard following of hsbc's trail to get it back and what to expect next so i'll help where i can. good luck - sounds like you've done your homework and may not need much.

we'll see! am just in the middle of submitting a claim form online and copy/pasting all the answers from the FAQs-fells like i'm cheating as don't understand a word of it! but they've (hsbc) have got a while yet so am just going to save the forms on there until 12th jan...

• 3 weeks later...

taken my court claim form in to courts yesterday and a nice lady there said i should hear something back quite soon.. anyone know how long it takes from this stage to get my money back as repayments on my managed loan from hsbc need paying off...

funny that, received offer letter today for £1388 (claim is for £1634), i'm thinking that they only did this to [edit] me off cuz it wouldn't be such a bad offer if i hadn't just paid the court costs i would accept it.. i think i might accept as part payment and advise them of court proceedings already submitted. does anyone think this would be a better idea (court claim would be £1754 plus interest, so their offer is £366 under-not including interest).

that's fine - use the rejection of settlement template and tweak it to read as you said above.

i think it is all computers - you file - they send a 80% offer - it happens too many times to be a coincidence - why wouldn't they offer that earlier - it's a ploy to weed out the weaklings! carry on! don't look back!

cheers lateralus, i've got the letter printed off and ready to go, just waiting now i guess (speaking of which, my claim with RBS is takin ages, haven't even got statements back yet but filed N1 form on 8th jan for data protection-and i think you'll get this- i paid the court fee for a court order and damages with an RBS cheque!! how ironic! :)

• 1 month later...

submitted my court case-judgement day was on 12th march so sent my form back to the courts-not heard anything back yet so will give them a ring on monday to what the crack is. can anyone tell me how long it takes for a judgement to be enforced.. ie when i will get a cheque from HSBC?? cheers.

sorry to sound daft but what does struck out mean? they basically have 2 weeks from when i ask for judgement as a final final deadline then will i get a court date or does the court just tell me of the ruling? (thanks for your post by the way!)

What typically happens is that the judge will send out an order to HSBC/DG telling them to file their AQ by a particular date (usually 2 weeks from the original one) if they don't then the judge will declare that you have won by default. If they do file their AQ within this time then you will have to wait for a court date.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

you two are talking about two different stages - but the practicalities are the same -

they had 28 days to file a defence - they didn't file one - had they filed, you would have received paperwork including an allocation questionaire which would have been due back in about 2 weeks. you would have filed it and if they hadn't filed theirs you'd also be contacting the court to see if you could get their defense thrown out. just a slightly different stage, thought i'd clear it for bf and gmmm.

but back to bf and them not filing a defence. as with all the deadlines for the defendent - the court seems to bend over backwards giving them an extra week or two to file (makes you wonder why they give deadlines - should call them dyinglines or hangingaboutlines but deadlines is a mockery)

so, the court will give them extra time and i've only seen a couple in all these months where peeps got a judgment. best scenario - as crush says, send them a letter - i'll tweak one hear for you if you like and in general, dg will hold up their hands and say ok - we missed that one.

keep in touch with the court side of things - by ringing the court and just nicely keep saying what happens next.... they are very accomodating.

see if this works for you:

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Re: XXXXX - v - HSBC

account no,

claim no and filing date.

It has come to my attention that as of xx/xx/07, (latest date you've talked to the court) you have not filed a defence in this case which was due on xx/xx/07. Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to this claim.

I would remind you that with the filing of the court claim, I will now require the addition of that fee to my claim.

I am mindful of the vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing. I would remind that I require £xxxx.xx in total to end this claim and for me to halt the court action. I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their intervention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

have to dash - didn't want to loose this, i'll be back in a bit to proofread it

ok, back now:

i was looking for this from crusher:

Remember, its actually best to try not to get a win by default.

You are better trying to ring debbie and get them to put in a defense, (although this is something that goes against my intense will to get the bailiffs in on hsbc...:grin:) as a default judgement normally results in loads more delays. The judge WANTS to get this case heard, not won on a technicality.

take a look at this.....

default judgement

so, look at that link and this is the letter from that link:

Quote:

:

Dear

Claim Number 7XX00000

You have not filed a defence for claim number 7XX00000 at (Town) County Court, and the time to file a defence has now passed and judgement in default has been/will be granted.

I am writing to give you one final opportunity to make full payment of £000.00

If I have not received payment in full by 4pm (date - 7 days from date of this letter) I will file for Judgment in Default/apply for a warrant of execution.

Yours sincerely

i think i like the one from the link a bit better - but there are a couple of options - yes, i'd def send them a letter.

thanks very much you 2!do really appreciate all this as starting to get a bit worrying and haphazard in these later stages as all other cases i have read seem to take different routes. i'll have a read of the letter in the link and send one off 2moro and ring the courts as well. (ps lateralus, what were you doing up at a reasonable hour??)

• 3 weeks later...

hiya, sent a letter to DG telling them that time was up, one week to file a defence or else etc.. they filed a defence and now i have an allocation questionnaire.. due on 23rd April, i can fill in the AQ but what happens now? the defence says what i guess everyone else's does, that HSBC deny everything and that they are in the right... i'm starting to get a bit worried now, what if the judge doesn't file in my favour? and do i have to pay another £100 on top of the court fee I've already paid?-can i claim this back too? HELP!!!