bt problem please advise

cazpro77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there im very new 'hi'

right so my problem is bt

started around 3 months ago

bill for the quarter was over £300

had a look down the bill found over £170 dial up charges??

i looked on the 'net' and found the number was tiscali dial up

i phoned bt 4 times explaining that i have been a braodband user for 5 years with demon braodband

never been with tiscali

i built my pc and i never put a 56k dial up modem in it.

bt said to just pay the bill

I replied "would you pay for something you have never used?"

they then said 'well pay the rest'

so i did

bt then said they will investigate

so they did they also found out the number was tiscali dial up

i had already told them that but hey,

i then said i have never been a tiscali customer never have been never will be

also how can i have a braodband modem in the phone jack and a dial up modem in thus same socket (1 bed flat 1 bt socket)without affecting my phone line also phone in said socket

no responce

then bt said 'well its your kids downloading stuff'

i replied i dont even have kids ,

then bt said i had downloaded a dialler/virus/worm/trojan

i scan daily i told them with spy bot and destroy,ad adaware,virus scan ,firewall on at all times etc

oh well something wrong with you pc was the reply i then said no there isnt broadband is currently running fine pc running fine

so i then ran outta of patience and said what ill do is cotact ofcom etc

so i connected ofcom who said phone or write to tiscali confirming you are not a customer

so phoned tiscali they confirmed that i have never been a customer

asked for that in writing

3 weeks later recived that sent same letter to bt special next day

tracked it and accurding to royal mail was recived and signed for

phoned bt after waiting a week

now there saying not recived letter i said i have my tracking number

asked them to check with royal mail 'no sorry we cant do that '

i have just been cut off

my landline is complety off

no warning letter no phone call no nothing

i only discovered this after my mum rang me in tears

the reason is that i have severve uncontrolled epilepsy and im on the waiting list for brain sugery

i have3 tonic clonic seizures dialy and am prone to going into status

ie more than 24 seizures in less than 24 hours (for example)

so if i needed emergancy help such as an ambulance how would i get hold of one ?

i do have a mobile but i have used all my credit on phoning these people over and over.

i also have another life threating illness.

my mum said did i tell them i am registered disabled i said of course as im hoping to get a 'fall alarm' of social services

mum said it was an infringement of my human rights and they should have allowed incoming and emergancy services outgoing

but they havent

what should i do?

i have had to have my relitives phone my mobile almost hourly as we are all so worried

any help advice suggestions very much appreated

thank you caz

OK - most of BT has shut down for the holidays, so you'll need to speak to them as a matter of urgency, however they will only deal with the account holder, so if that isn't you, you'll need to get them to intercede.

Explain that the line is needed for medical emergencies, and whilst you realise there is a dispute, you would expect them to keep your service ongoing until the investigations were complete.

If you are a BB user, then clearly you have no use of dial-up at 56k - so this is the main plank of your argument, providing you are sure no modems were involved on your property. How many calls to Tiscali were made and over what period? I cannot imagine bills of £170 simply for calling their access point, UNLESS there were 0900 calls to support.

Do you live in a flat? There is the possibility you line may have been intercepted and someone is using your service without your knowlege, so it might we worth having a look at your internal/external junction boxes to see in non BT witing is interfering with your circuit.

hi raymond thank you for the qwick reply

I am the account holder altho my carer has 3rd party authrision of my behalf with all bills in case im in hospital for example.

i will defatatly phone them from monday onwards again calling on my mobile

i did try and get thro to them via skpe(naughty me) but somehow couldnt get thro i got thro to a person but they couldnt really understand me

with it being new years eve im at my paents so i dont have the number to hand of the dial up when i return home ill find it and post it here

it doesnt say the amount of dial 'calls' jjust the number and how many hours etc

i know the number wasnt 0900 but ill check

yes i live in a one bed flat the block is three levels high around 30 flats

my internal master socket is right next to the pc 1phone 1 broadband modem

i did ask them to investigate further still waiting on a phone call!!

no warning to being cut off issued

they did howver verbally agree to keep incoming and emergancy calls but they have gone off that idea

i will fine the bill tho and put some of it on here

happy new year and thank you again

caz

OK - most of BT

has shut down for the holidays, so you'll need to speak to them as a matter of urgency, however they will only deal with the account holder, so if that isn't you, you'll need to get them to intercede.

Explain that the line is needed for medical emergencies, and whilst you realise there is a dispute, you would expect them to keep your service ongoing until the investigations were complete.

If you are a BB user, then clearly you have no use of dial-up at 56k - so this is the main plank of your argument, providing you are sure no modems were involved on your property. How many calls to Tiscali were made and over what period? I cannot imagine bills of £170 simply for calling their access point, UNLESS there were 0900 calls to support.

Do you live in a flat? There is the possibility you line may have been intercepted and someone is using your service without your knowlege, so it might we worth having a look at your internal/external junction boxes to see in non BT witing is interfering with your circuit.

just on an off note - you can call 999 from a mobile without credit and supposedly (never tried) without even a sim card. Wouldn't worry about having to pay, if it ended up in court a judge would see sense that you wouldn't use dial up whilst having broadband and couldn't do so without a modem which is totally different to a broadband modem.

hi blacksheep,

sorry for the qwick reply i will reply better tomorrow,

i have my mobile next to me at all times in case of need to dial 999

during a siezure i cant dial the emrgancy services no able

i have my homephone set up so if i can press 1 rings emergancy services 2 parents

etc

im hoping it ownt go to court

im really worried

thank you ever so much for your help

happy new year

caz

hi there thabk you for all your advice

I have the bill in front of me,

destination local rate

called number 0845 6630221

total number of calls to this number 113

total duration 150.25.30 (i assume 150 hours 25 mins 30 secs?)

type of call lo-call

total cost £170.308

i spoke to prakish floor supervisor (india) on 10 october at 14.00

he said pay some agreed amount £70 and he will get bt to call me

paid £70 next day recipt attcthed to bill

bt never phoned back

17 october i rang again 13.00 spoke to Raj (india)again floor supervisior

he said investagation team will ring me no further action required by me untill this matter is sorted out. i agreed to pay the remander of the bill minus the £170

this was paid on the 20 oct recpit again attacthted to bill

29 october bt rang me telling me that it was tiscali dial up and unless i could prove i wasnt a customer of there's bt couldnt do anything

as i said before letter arrived from tiscali 15 novenber

have the royal mail slip in front of me sent to bt follwing day was signed for and recived according to royal mail on the 17th november

my mum said i should have of photocopied the letter from tiscali but i panicked

were would the external junction boxes be?

i havent any credit so today im logging a 'call me back' through bt

then i will email tiscali and explain yet again and ask for another letter

ofcom told me to photocopy this letter 3 times send them a cc of my cover letter and tiscali's letter and a copy of the bt bill stating the dispiuted charges they said that they cant intervine but they will keep and eye on my complaint and how it is handled

many thanks again

caz

just on an off note - you can call 999 from a mobile without credit and supposedly (never tried) without even a sim card.

It's up to each network what they'll allow - but without a SIM card, no emergency call is possible because no number is presented. Actually, it is better to use the 'new' 112 code as 999 is on the way out.

hoi buzby

like the name lol

the calls from/to tiscali started september ended 10 oct 06

ok after reciving yet another bill today a red bill !

it shows that the tiscali calls stopped 10 oct (on a day i phoned bt!!)

UPdate

i emailed bt complaints and resedential services yesterday explaining that ill will not stand for this

also emailed tiscali and asked them to phone me i explained the situation to them and hoping they might phone back??

bt wrote me an email today stating that they would try and speak with me

the email stated that they phoned me on my mobile at 8.15am

I wrote back saying i had a seizure this morning and was found on the floor by my neighbour (which was true)

i have my freinds staying as long as they can to aid me should i need it

they only arrived after work today .

so hopefully tommorrow phonecall fingers crossed might help

thank you all once again for your help

any other suggestions are most appreated

thank you caz

Tiscali will be very useful if they can tell you what username/customer accessed their service for those 170 fraudulent calls - they can do this from your telephone number, and you can ask BT to provide call itemisation to Tiscalli to prove the fraud took place on a line that was already BB enabled. It should be fairly evident you're the innocent party.

hi

ive read your post

do you have any calls going through tiscalli ?

has anyone from tiscali ever contacted you ?

the reason i ask is it is becoming more and more the case that this and indeed other companies are slamming customers meaning they take people across to them without knowledge or consent

or as above somone may well be using the same line as you

you might find it useful to contact ofcom they wil look into both tiscali and bt for you

hope this helps

hi buszy re username and passwords still waiting for tiscali to call/email me

donnalou

i have made a complaint to ofcom they are monitoring the sitution, i have never been a tiscali customer for anything

i have demon broadband part of thus plc

thanks

i really appreacte all your help

as yet 2.58pm no callback from bt nor tiscali

i did ask bt to phone me after 1pm today

thank you all very much for all your help advise and suggestions

thank you caz

hi qwick updaate

bt phoned me at 4.00pm floor supervisior on bt call back section

took all my details and information asked me what the problem was

to which i almost chocked on my tea !!

explained to him then again to a higher person and then they said manager wasnt available and i have to wait for a more senoir manager to contact me as he/she has level 1 clearance to reactivate my incoming and emergancy calls

so just waiting again really

is there any else i could be doing ?

any suggestions welcome

thank you caz

I suggest that you contact Tisacli again and ask if they can send you a copy of that letter BT didn't get, make a copy and send it again. It is obvious that dealing with them on the phone isn't helping, however get an address to send this letter from Tiscai to and maybe send a copy of it to OFCOM.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

hi there

just a qwick update

bt phoned again today 3pm spoke to 3 differnt people explained to three differnt people

basically was told allmost up yours

let me explain 1st person couldnt understand what i wanted

2nd person said omg so sorry this has happened i see what i can do extremlly sorry though (so far so good!!)

passed me to credit controll she said your dispute is with tiscali you have to pay no matter and untill you pay at least £40 we will NOT put your phone on incomming and emergancy

so out of £60 tuesday i have to pay £40

if i dont pay i wont get the incomming or anything

phoned tiscali got through after 30mins music spoke to then they couldnt call me back so i told them all about it and they said well its bts billing so i agueed and asked them to find my account (which of course they couldnt)

a manager is hopefully phoning me tommorrow.

out of £10 credit put on moby this morning i have £2.00 left

great stuff

thank you all again

take care \caz

I think you're being given the run around. You're not a customer of Tiscali, you never dialled Tiscali, therefore what are you doing calling them to find out why your phone line somehow called them?

To me this is a job for BT's fraud investigation department. All you need to prove to BT is that you have a valid BB account and no requirement whatsoever in making dial-up calls, therefore your line has suffered from theft of service, and they can either credit your bill with the cost, or let you know when they're staff will be round to check your line for possible interference. For all you know, other lines within your block are now providing free calls. It is so easy to do, and an Indian call centre isn't going to provide any satisfaction unless you force the issue, in writing. It also may be a good idea to have Premium Rate Call Barring (free) placed on your line too.

I think the best thing at this stage is to

(a) call the Police and give a full account (i.e. make a statement complaining of a crime - Fraud) and get a crime number.

(b) WRITE TO BT stating the following; KEY PHRASES which MUST be included are in bold.

BT Account Number: nnnnnnnn

Dear Sir

ACCOUNT DISPUTE - LETTER BEFORE ACTION

I am writing to tell you that the account presented to me on nn Oct 2006 is IN DISPUTE and you may not enforce any recovery action until this dispute is resolved. The dispute hinges on 113 calls made to 0845 6330221 - this is a number apparently used by the Tiscali Internet Service Provider for their dial-up customers.

I can confirm that I have formally notified you in an earlier communication that I am NOT and never have been a Tiscali Customer.My computer is not fitted with suitable equipment to enable me to make dial-up calls to an Internet Service Provider, and I have a Broadband service active on the line which I use to its full advantage and therefore have no need of a dial-up service. I will reiterate for absolute clarity that neither I nor any equipment in my posession or at my property has made the calls in dispute and that I will not pay a penny towards them.

I can further confirm that I have reported this matter to the Police as Fraud; and I note that your internal procedures are woefully inadequate to deal with it - and have left me without the provision of an emergency telephone service which as an acute epileptic I absolutely must have. I received NO NOTIFICATION of any impending disconnection and your action has caused me acute distress. I feel that your continued attempts to force me to pay a bill which I have not incurred are intimidatory and may constitute harrassment.

I require you to immediately remove the 113 calls to which I refer from my bill, and reinstate my telephone line to AT LEAST emergency calls capability until such time as we are both satisfied that this dispute is resolved. If you fail to do this before 15th January 2007 I will refer the financial matter between us to the County Courts without further notice, along with a claim for compensation pursuant to the distress your mishandling of this matter has caused. The matter of Fraud I will leave in the capable hands of the Law enforcement authorities.

Yours sincerely

I suggest you do these things TODAY.

• 4 weeks later...

my phone has just been slammed, talktalk say bt disconnected my phone and bt say talktalk did it, anyway, I've had no broadband for this and had to start a new contract. I'm going to complain to OFCOM and get them to investigate as they can get access and hopefully will not get the run around i'm getting.

good luck

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

I will try to start a thread, been with talktalk for at least 7 months with no problems, didn't owe any money to either bt or talktalk all upto date. I had phone calls through talk talk talk too, the first I heard of it was when I got a letter saying sorry you are leaving talktalk and my phone was disconnected.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

my phone has just been slammed, talktalk say bt disconnected my phone and bt say talktalk did it, anyway, I've had no broadband for this and had to start a new contract. I'm going to complain to OFCOM and get them to investigate as they can get access and hopefully will not get the run around i'm getting.

good luck

hi

if talk talk have taken over your phone line they will have had to have placed an order with bt to do so it takes 10 working days to do so

it is protocol within bt to give you written confirmation of this action ie were sorry your leaving

giving you time to contact bt and cancel the order unfortunatley because the order has now gone through you will have to wait 10 working days to be connected back to bt and i would strongly advise that if talk talk has told you they are disconecting contact them before they do other wise it could become messy and costly as you may have to pay a reconnection charge

also talk talk have to give you time before disconecting your line again in case it has been a mistake on either part

ofcom are not very good i have to say at dealing with complaints and have stopped customers ringing their call centres and asking that all complaints are done in writing

I will try to start a thread, been with talktalk for at least 7 months with no problems, didn't owe any money to either bt or talktalk all upto date. I had phone calls through talk talk talk too, the first I heard of it was when I got a letter saying sorry you are leaving talktalk and my phone was disconnected.

So you phoned them to ask who requested the disconnection? If you didn't do it, then there's an error - it doesn't have to be 'slamming' just incompetence and bad eyesight at TT.

You've every right to enjoy your telephone service, if you don;t ask, they cannot resolve the problem.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear Sir or Madam

Since March this year we have been receiving a mountain of fictitious BT bills for services and features we never ever requested or ordered. However, as we call and resolve one, we receive a new fictitious charge and then we sort that out, they charge us for another thing we never heard of or ordered.

Further, each time we try to resolve one incident, it takes many hours out of our schedule and we have had to pay other people to help us to sort out through the problems and then, you guessed, something else arrives!

These charges seem to be manufactured by BT staff. We do not believe this is a case of identity fraud. My reasons for believing this is that the first incorrect bill that we received, it did include genuine as well as fictitious charges on it - ie charges for items I had ordered and then manufactured charges that had been applied to the same order!

We thought it first to be an anomaly - but as the fictitious bills and charges kept on coming and coming and we got suspicious and then more came still!!!

BT has not been able to offer any explanation and I believe that fraudulent charges are being applied randomly to our invoices. We are even getting invoices for accounts we never ever even set up!!! I don’t know if this is an isolated case or not, but if it is happening to others then I would say that perhaps they might not have queried or examined their invoices.

We have collected the information and evidence we could and can make them available to you. Whether this is part of a genuine and organised [problem] or not, or whether these are generated by BT employees who may be paid on commission, I cannot be sure. But I am sure the mountain of evidence we have collected will be of assistance to you.

I hope you can help stop the wrong doers.

Marina Bowler