• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Maxibon Vs RBOS.....Round 1

maxibon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, dont know if this will help but I just got every penny back including all charges within 3 weeks of first and only letter. I posted this to Tommy Mclean, Customer Relations, Customer Central Support, First Floor, The Forthstone, 56 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9LE. Hope this helps and good luck.

• Haha 1

Thanks Young,

I am pretty sure this is where it has ended up. He is the guy that responds to virtually everyone from what I have seen..

Do you mind me asking how much your claim was for as mine is for £5300 as I think this has something to do with how quickly they respond. i.e if a low amount they seem to settle faster?

Thanks for you help

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

hi maxibon can i just ask who is is just out of shout on your avatar. it would'nt be nucle tommy would it;)

i think you are right i'm claiming over £3k and they hav'nt bothered getting back to me at all

Hi Mbdiss,

Its 'Michael Bolton' Character form the film office space venting his frustrations on a printer!! Have you seen it? Great film!

Has it taken forever for you to get a response?

Thanks

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

i wouldn't wait for them to reply as soon as you reach the 14 days from the LBA letter i'd be starting court action, otherwise the banks not going to take you seriously, well this seems to be the steps everyone else does. as for the request for bank statements, i'd again just wait for the 40 days to go by you've sent an S.A.R, an email and a phone call, if they can't reply in the time which you stated, then thery're in the wrong and you should report them!

do agree with you from all the reading i've been doing, that the smaller claims seem to get settled quicker, than the larger claims, hope thats what happens with mine :)

BOS 1st Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 2nd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 3rd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 4th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 5th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Hi Mbdiss,

Its 'Michael Bolton' Character form the film office space venting his frustrations on a printer!! Have you seen it? Great film!

Has it taken forever for you to get a response?

Thanks

no i hav'nt seen it.

they havn't responed at all to the LBA letter so i'm issuing claim on monday if my funds have cleared.

i wouldn't wait for them to reply as soon as you reach the 14 days from the LBA letter i'd be starting court action, otherwise the banks not going to take you seriously, well this seems to be the steps everyone else does.

Just wanted to check if you mean you are taking court action after your 1st prelim or are you following standard procedure and issuing after 28 days? Just not clear from your post....:confused:

Mbdiss, Office Space is definately worth a watch ...All about socking it to the man! Getting back at big corporate industries...GREAT FILM!!

Just re read my letter from RBS stating they are 'looking into it' and apparently I am now a MR and my boyfriend is a MRS? and apparently I sent a letter NOT an email?? Could they get any more incompetent?.....NUMPTYS :eek:

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

i sent this prelim letter from the template library, have i misunderstood it, i thought i give them 14 days from the date on this letter to reply if i don't hear i send the LBA letter and give them another 14 days, if i still haven't heard then i start court action?? sorry if i've confused you, i've confuse myself now!

i thought you'd sent your LBA letter, i thought it was 14 days after you send this letter if no response, or stalling you then start court action, cause you've told them that, thats what your going to do, is this right??? or is it 28 days? hope thats not right cause thats a life time to wait and more time to panic/worry :lol:

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Hi Sinking fast,

Sorry I stated LBA I meant 14 days from prelim, then LBA for 14 days which total 28 days

Should have made it clearer shouldnt I!?!

You are doing it correctly its just crossed wires there:confused:

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Phew! was panicing there for a moment

Anyway, so whats happening with your case now, did you phone them again today and tell them you waited in all day on friday for them phoning and whats happening or are you just going to leave it wait the 14 days and start court action?

Hi there,

Thats excellent news! Congratulations

I had the letter from Sandy Watt too but just saying 'they are looking into it'.

My claim is larger ( £5500 mark ) so bound to mess me around but have issued my LBA today

KAY STANBRIDGE

RBS LITIGATION

1 PRINCESS STREET

LONDON

EC2R 8PB

Dear Madam,

Subject: Refund of charges

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxx

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond with a resolution to my letter of the 06/01/2007.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £xxxxx which is charged at your authorized borrowing rate in interest for the sum which you have taken. Total xxxxx

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 06/01/2007.

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money in cheque form and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

I would also like to make you aware of a serious breach of data protection that occurred on my account on 20/12/06 which has already been reported to yourselves and the OFT to which I have not had a resolution from you to date. :-x

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

I would also like to add that if you do not comply with this request court action will result in you having to pay my court costs in addition to the outstanding amount.

Yours Faithfully,

I did have some sucess in claiming back charges on a seperate account though. I called them confirming I wanted access to my money that was paid in before christmas as the account was in dispute AND they have seriously breached DPA on my account. They refunded £650 of charges there and then on a seperate account which I have to say Has made me hate them less! :rolleyes:

SO 14 days are now rolling and will be heading into court myself to have the satifaction of filling the forms in myself..( Only live round the corner ) :D

I just hope they understand I mean business ;)

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was told today they wont respond till the 09/02/07 despite the fact that their 14 day LBA runs out this Friday 03/02 so I told them I will be taking to court.

Tough titty for them really! I am also going to mention in my N1 about the Data Protection Act breach that occurred and they Still havent responded to!

I have just come out of work so I at least don't have to fork out £250 for the priviledge! :)

I have added to my costs the time spent typing letters and calculating bank charges to a total of £69. Anyone had luck with this as yet ?:confused:

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

I believe so......a GlenUK or GlennUK (not sure) has had one of his accounts (possibly co-op) settled with this included, was reading it the other day. You should be able to find him / it quite easily I think - search for threads started by him....

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Offer received of £4100 but my claim is for over £5000 so I am going to call them today and then file N1 in court tmoz to make sure I get it all back!

Been gracious so far in giving them extra time!

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

I think I am right with your figures as they do change a bit.

I see that you may end up on the fast track, with the related exposure to the other sides legal costs as the bulk of your claim to offer differential, relates to CI.

This is a risky strategy. I realise that these are different types of claims (ERC) however there are some nasty adverse cost orders against claimants here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/27030-harsh-letter-rece

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/19662-maroonfox5-mortgage-express-lost.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/36778-charbydis-platform-claim-struck.html

I am not trying to put you off, just to make sure you are aware of the potential cost risks. I have claims with CI, but I have not been in your situation.

I see it is a bit more complicated, as you have a default to remove.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I filed my claim at court on The 01/03/07, It is deemed served on the 03/03/07 and they have untill the 19/03/07 to reply I have checked today and no acknowledgement or defense submitted. Officially they should reply by tomorrow but the court has given them till Monday as they arent open on a weekend.

If they still dont submit and I apply for judgement how long does this take and do I literally go into the branch and demand the money! Not sure how it works from here?

Thanks people for your support x:)

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Oh well As per usual Cobetts submitted acknowledgement of claim on last day possible giving them another 14 days. It does half wind me up that That they drag this out. It will be costing them more money to hire solicitors etc....Why bother when they know they are going to pay up!!

I think they should be clamped down on by the judges and soon....They will not defend in court so dont bother even pretending you will. It annoys me!:mad:

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

• 2 weeks later...

Now had a defence submitted on the last day possible ( 30/03/07) too again by cobbetts!

In the meantime they told me in a letter that They intend to defend against my 16% interest claim and that in light of this I should provide them with a revised schedule of charges at 8% I have told them no way I am carrying on as I originally intended. Waiting for AQ and a copy of their so called 'defence' now.!

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defence received 31/03/07.

I would appreciate anyone running an eye over this to see if they could provide me with some scathing comebacks!

I know what to say in relation to some of the points made but would like assistance as its very 'jargony'....

Hope everyone elses cases are going well..:D

Here is the link for a copy of Cobbetts so called Defence if anyone can take the time to look for me

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/nicolw/Defence/

Any advice and assistance greatly appreciated. :-o

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

BuMp!! :rolleyes:

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

bump :D

Maxibon

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

hey maxi, popped in after both bumps, bit beyond my remit i'm afraid. If you don't get any response soon and need a response, try pming some useful ppl a link to your thread.

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!