BankFodder BankFodder

Baronstoneybroke

Mrs Baronstoneybroke V Studio Cards

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4848 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I noticed that my wife had two late payment debits on her Studio Card account. So, I phoned them and got the usual crap off the operator who talked to me as if I was something nasty on the sole of her shoe.

So, I sent them a polite letter on the lines of the first request template requesting all acount details for 6years and a full repayment of charges and interest.

It took a while and I was just about to blast off a more less-polite version when I had a letter saying as follows:-

Dear Mrs Baronstoneybroke

Thank you for your recent letter which has been forwarded for my attention.

Statements are issued every 28 days advising you of the minimum payment and the payment due date. Should your payment reach us after the due date, your account will fall into arrears and incur an administration charge.

In light of the recent OFT investigation we are currently reviewing our administration charges. However, until this review is complete our normal trading terms apply.

However, not withstanding this, as a gesture of goodwill and without prejudice, I have removed the administration charges from your account. Our records reflect that administration charges have been added to your account to the value of £139.30 and that your balance is £227.22. Therefore, your balance is £87.92

In order to avoid future administration charges please ensure that the minimum payment is made by the due date. If for reason you are unable to do this I would suggest you contact us, so that we can attempt to make arrangements to accommodate this and avoid the need to apply an administration charge to your account.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times. ---.-.-_

Yours sincerely

Customer Care Department

Once the remainder is paid off they can stick their account where the sun don't shine.

So, the moral of this story is 'Go for it cos they are going to lose, not you.'

I will make this a seperate thread but their direct line number is 01254 302302 not the 0870 number they publish

The Baron

The Baron

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men"

~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox