Dugong v abbey

dugong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Eveyone,

New to this site but after looking at this site for a while looks like I'm going tohave to try and claim back my charges from Abbey.

I think, after looking at all my past bank statements its going to be around about £5000.

good luck to eveyone else.

Welcome.

Before you start please have a thorough read of the FAQs (there’s a Step by Step guide here too). You should print both of these out to refer to, so as to avoid having to ask basic questions later.

Then look at other threads in your bank’s forum, so as you know what you can expect to happen

You need to spend 2 or 3 days gradually getting your head round everything. If you find a forum/thread/post of interest, save it in your Favourites, so as you can always find it easily. Here’s one to start with, which you should find useful later:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/53241-cant-find-what-youre.html

There’s a lot to take in, but it’s time well spent and will ensure that you succeed in your claim without problems. Remember it’s not a race, don’t rush, just follow the guidelines one step at a time

This is a self-help forum and you must be prepared to put in time and effort. It is your claim, your money and you cannot expect others to do all the work for you.

When you feel confident that you understand the process and the various stages involved, start a new thread in your bank’s forum and post your progress and any questions there and you’ll get plenty of help

All the info to get you started is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Finally the Moderators and Site Helpers are having to spend far too much time dealing with unnecessary and avoidable errors in claims caused by impatience, ignorance or just plain laziness. If you don’t know what to do next, ask. If you don’t understand something, ask. It might be a dumb question, but it’s a lot easier to sort out than a dumb mistake.

Good luck

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Please can someone help.

Its been along time since I've been here, Sorry but I have had some personel problems.

If someone can please help I will try to explain at what stage I'm at.

I have written to the abbey asking for charges to be refunded etc and got all the usual fob offs, so not to bore you with all the details, I have finally got to the stage of taking Abbey to Court with the help of reading other posts and using the templates from here, I have a Court date of 15th June 2007 and the Court have asked me to deliver to every other party and to the Court office copies of all documents on which I intend to rely on. Is this what is being referd to as The Bundle?

I have put in a Claim of £5109.80 including interest and court fees, I have opened a new account with the nationwide.

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

Please can someone help.

Its been along time since I've been here, Sorry but I have had some personel problems.

If someone can please help I will try to explain at what stage I'm at.

I have written to the abbey asking for charges to be refunded etc and got all the usual fob offs, so not to bore you with all the details, I have finally got to the stage of taking Abbey to Court with the help of reading other posts and using the templates from here, I have a Court date of 15th June 2007 and the Court have asked me to deliver to every other party and to the Court office copies of all documents on which I intend to rely on. Is this what is being referd to as The Bundle?

I have put in a Claim of £5109.80 including interest and court fees, I have opened a new account with the nationwide.

Thanks

Steve

Yes you should have an order telling you what to do. You need to complete the court bundle I have provided the link for you. Also whan the do settle you can ask for costs I have provided that link for you as well.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/85726-wasted-costs-order.html

Thank you, I have tried to read these Bundles, but they dont make much sense, if it goes to Court, do you think I will have to read them out?

Thank you, I have tried to read these Bundles, but they dont make much sense, if it goes to Court, do you think I will have to read them out?

I would doubt it very much if you will get anywhere near a court, save to submit your bundle. They will settle before it gets to court. Basically the bundle is a list of documents that you will have to put together. All the information is on the site. Set aside an afternoon to complie your bundle. When do you have to submit it?

I have a Court date of 15th June 2007 so I think it needs to be in by 1st, I was hoping to try and get on with it this morning.

Abbey submitted a defence on 22nd March from a James Arrandale of Abbey, Triton Square, Regents Park London.

Hi,

I have just finished my Bundle, wouldn't believe it, 117 pages :eek: , now all I have to do is triple them, going to cost me a fortune at the copiers, might be cheaper to buy one, can I claim this back from abbey!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have found some more charges to my account with Abbey after the dates that I have already claimed for. (Court Date 18th June)

if Abbey agree to settle my original amount before the court date and put in full and final settlement on their letter, can I then go through the process again for another amount on the same account?

regards