help me with my claim...please hsbc

cowoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am claiming my bank charges at 8% at the court stage and this is where I am at now.I havnt bothered adding anything else on along the way as I am Really confused with what you can and cannot claim for.Is this ok to do this?Help me I am a little confused at the mo.I am claiming £1600 before the 8 %

To calculate the s69 8% use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

All my charges are listed as total charges and interest.I have only added the total charges and not any interest .I was then going to just put 8% on the total without using the spreadsheet...Is this wrong?

Do i just write down TOTAL CHARGES on spreadsheet as thats what it says on my statements and it will calculate it for me as shown on spreadsheet?

Thanks for that..I was doing it all wrong even though I have read this through and through

I had to hand write my charges sheet in the end because i filled a sheet in but when I printed it out it was soooo tiny even the bank manager wouldnt have been able to read it

Thanks for your help

Hi, I am just filling in my court documents and have got to this part

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day {(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day) }OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

I Have not added any overdraft interest throughout this claim as it was too complicated as my statements just said TOTAL CHARGES .But I have added 8% with the help of the spreadsheets.But I need help with the above bit.Do i put it in under the circumstances or not....Please help....thanks

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day {(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day) }OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

Yes. Just multiply your charges by 0.00022 and enter this as the daily rate

eg £495 x 0.00022= £0.11p

Thanks for that.I put my court papers in today and when I got home there was an offer on one of my accounts off Colin.(not because of putting the court papers in may i add. I want to reject this offer as it is lower than what I want.can you tell me If I have to reject it in writing or do i just ignore it and carry on regardless?If I can get this far with this then anyone can!!I am dead chuffed.I only got this far with your help...and thankyou for that

You can either ignore it or reply along these lines:

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. Prior to receipt of your letter I have filed a claim no.XXXX in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, interest and court fees now totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

• 3 weeks later...

look at raxtyjaxter, flunky, sexyem, yay101.

To name a few.

AQ next.

Just read, read and read some more. I was totally confused but it make sense if you read threads.

Good luck.

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!

Oops. you say they have entered defence ? If so you are waiting for AQ.

This you must get back before the date that is stated in the letter which comes with the AQ.

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!

i'm thinking she means she has had the acknowledgment, with the box ticked saying they "intend to defend". if this is where you are, then you need to send a breakdown. if you did the mcol you send 3 copies to the court - if you did the n1 - you've already done this so: in any event - you now send 1 copy of your breakdown to dg solicitors - address and maybe a name on pg 2 of the acknowledgment. reference your claim number.

then you wait - they have 28 days from the date it was served - see the ack. again for that date. at the end of 28 days, they must have filed a defense or you win by default (and it has happened). if you haven't heard from them and the actually defend - you will receive an allocation questionaire, a transfer to a local court and a copy of their defense in the post from the court. we will help you deal with the aq - when it happens - i think flunky is in a funk about not hearing from them and feeling a tad low. his answers were a bit abrupt and a bit scary for you, (sorry for this next bit, flunky) ignore him and just read this and send your breakdown and then have a nose around about the aq stuff - there is lots of advice and if it happens you'll be aware of it. for now, you are in a bit of a holding pattern. ok?

• 3 weeks later...

I have received an acknowledgement of service,but the more i read on here the more confused i get.The date on this document is 26th january and it says the defendent has 28 days to defend this claim.This was filed with D G solicitors.I thought that I just waited now to hear something by the 26th of Feb if not then I get in touch with court.I am confused because I have been reading that I need to ring D G Solicitors and send them more copys of my list of charges.I originally sent three copies to the court.Please can anyone put me right?I am beggining to think that I made a mistake by going through with this as I am sooooo confused and worried now...Thanks in advance

Send a copy to DG, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely,

Other than that you just have to wait for them to file a defence and for your local court to send you an AQ